Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

should I feel my port?

I am a month out and go tomorrow for my first post op check with my doc. I can't feel my port at any of my incision sites and was wondering if that's normal, is it buried deep or did it possibly flip? What site should it likely be at? I would think the largest incision site. I felt a nasty pull about two weeks ago when flipping in bed but the pain resided quickly. Hoping its all ok! Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks! Oh if its helpful started around 345.

Very normal. Most people can't feel their port at the beginning because it's buried under fat.

As you lose weight, you'll be able to feel it more and more. Possibly even see it.

When I first started I couldn't feel mine at all, let alone see it. Now, you can actually see mine sticking out.

Yep, what Missy said! Couldn't feel mine at all in the beginning. Now, I can see it!!

depends upon how much belly fat you have...it is anchored to the abdominal muscle wall, below the fat layer....I no longer have any fat or loose skin so it sticks out like a golf ball right under the layer of skin...very noticeable...people ask me all the time, especially at the gym, what that large lump is and I simply say I had surgery there once.

You can even see the tubing coming out the side.....

/

7178d03b-9cdd-449b-b40d-1cf023e720fd_zps22992567.jpg

Thanks for the info. I can only pray mine will stick out due to no fat or hanging skin. ;)

By the way the pull that you feel is the muscle you didn't use or knew we had and it will pull here and there so it is normal and I couldn't feel my port at the beginning either , tho it is buried way down as I am losing weight I feel it more and ore specially if I am full and believe me I know when I am full or the stop signals begin , you will get scared, worried , and then before you know it you will be having nsv's and working with the tool as we all have to learn as our journey's continue.

What is nsv?

Stands for "Non scale Victory" it is something positive from weight loss besides what you see on the scale.< /p>

In the beginning, I would have to lie on my back and lift my feet up so that I or my fill doctor could locate it. Doing this pushes those abdominal muscles forward thus your port moves closer to the surface.

Even after losing 100% of my excess weight mine is still not visible but very easy to feel.

Almost 9 months and 80 pounds given away and I really feel my port. Have appointment tomorrow for fill. May not get one as I am seeing green where ever I look, but having issue with port and pants belt line rubbing. Hope I do not need to have port relocated. Just love my band till death do us part!

depends upon how much belly fat you have...it is anchored to the abdominal muscle wall' date=' below the fat layer....I no longer have any fat or loose skin so it sticks out like a golf ball right under the layer of skin...very noticeable...people ask me all the time, especially at the gym, what that large lump is and I simply say I had surgery there once.

You can even see the tubing coming out the side.....

/

Oh wow! Mine is not like that yet, but I think I will be soon. I definitely feel my port a lot more now that I've lost the belly fat. I am a stomach sleeper and some days I wake up in pain. This has only been going within the last year.