Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok guys, I need some advice. Am I the only person on this earth who had a lapband and hasn't lost weight. I got banded July 3rd. After my surgery I lost weight maybe 3 lbs. quickly went into bandster hell where I gained 2 lbs. I had my first fill where I dropped an additional 8 lbs. at that point I was down 20 from where I started. Found out I was pregnant and gained 5 lbs! A second fill and miscarriage later my weight has not moved. My second fill did nothing for me after the second day. I am within the same 10 lbs I was on surgery day. What the heck is going on??? Some days I have absolutely no restriction???

Tons of missing info here...can you tell us

1) were you banded july 2012 or 2013?

2) how far along were you when miscarried? (Im not prying, its relevant in regards to how long the body needs to recover)

3) how many cc's are in your band at this time

4) What are you eating, how many cals?

Need a better picture to kind of explore the possible issues causing your weight being stationary

1) were you banded july 2012 or 2013?

-banded in 2013

2) how far along were you when miscarried? (Im not prying, its relevant in regards to how long the body needs to recover)

-miscarried at 6 weeks, didn't pass anything until 12.5 weeks (I had the d and c last week)

3) how many cc's are in your band at this time

-my dr won't tell me how many ccs are in my band since he is convinced I will compare to others

4) What are you eating, how many cals?

-I wanna say I don't eat terrible. There is room for improvement, but I wouldn't say enough to cause a stall?? I maintained my weight eating way more calories that I am now which doesn't make sense to me. I don't count strictly but I would say, around 1200, maybe less

Sparkle...you are not giving yourself a chance. Take a breath...

It's only 3 months since you have been banded and look at how much you have been through!

Your body, does not know or understand that you want to lose weight. It only knows that it has undergone major trauma in the last three months.

You had MAJOR surgery (lapband) you got pregnant and your hormones kicked in to try and promote pregnancy. You miscarried (my heart goes out to you) and your hormones are still there trying to get back to level again.

The body's natural defense is inflammation and retention. Your body is holding on to everything right now fearing for your life. It doesn't realize that some of this things were intentional. (ie lapband surgery and restriction of caloric intake) all it knows is that it's experienced trauma, and it's fuel source or food source has been drastically reduced. It's being called upon to function, and it's conserving resources for this as well as to recover.

You have to be kind to your body and it will respond. Eat high Protein foods, a little fat and a little carb. Keep walking and take deep breaths. Hydrate and keep moving. Try myfitnesspal for tracking your calories for what your eating and I'm sure in a couple of weeks you will back on track and the numbers will be going down.

I have not been through as much as this, but my stress level running around for family and work etc. was so high the last few months I was in the same boat as you. Not losing, doing everything I was supposed to. Finally I was able to take a breath, recoup and the scale started moving again. Sometimes losing inches, sometimes a pound or so.

I'm still fighting the battle with my body to recover and do what I want it to.

Hang in there!

Your band won't begin to work it's magic until you receive the adjustment that sends you into the green zone. It does sound like you have a lot of moving parts to your life so give it time and keep getting fills till you reach the point of satiety/restriction you need.

tmf

Thanks guys, i hope this doesn't sound stupid but I didn't think my body needed time to adjust. I guess I am just ready to jump back in. I do need to learn to take a step back and relax before I trudge forward. Funny how stress really does affect your body!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches