Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GNC lean shakes, Pumpkin Flaver!!! Have to try one!!!

My Dr instructed me to have between 40-60 grams of Protein daily, I have tried the Medifast shakes and Muscle Milk, both were ok. Went to GNC to see what they had for options. They make a line of their own shakes called lean. I bought a strawberry, vanilla, and a pumpkin flavor one to try them. The pumpkin is EXCELLENT, they also have a Cookies and cream flavor, will try that one soon. One of these in the AM and one later in the day gets me plenty of the Protein I need. Just wish I had found them sooner. They are definitely the best tasting I have found. Especially the pumpkin! Just wanted to share with everyone out there either pre-op or post Op liquid diet etc...

I can live on the GNC Go Lean shakes, especially the vanilla & strawberry!! I but the ready made because I am lazy that way LOL. I haven't seen the Cookies & cream, is that a mix or ready made?

I will try too, can't wait to try the pumpkin!Love pumpkin especially in the fall and winter!

I love pumpkin too... I have the food network magazine and saw an idea for fall... It said to make oatmeal and add Tbsp of pumpkin puree and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Sounds good.

My doctor, that I trust 100 %

Has me on liquid diet for 4 weeks

And

Mushie food for 4 more weeks..

Lean meats for 4 more weeks.

I'll get red meat Jan first.

I will get a reservation at a steak hous and get the 8 oz filet mignon. Eat 1/2 and take 1/2 home for the nest day.

75-80 grams Protein per day, 1/2 gal of Water / day

I am amazed at the people on here trying to eat chilli and chicken wings pork kabobs. ...... Are they trying to I'll them e selves. I have a co worker who lost 125 lbs then gained it back eating Mac Donald's every day for lunch. God. Knows what he ate at home.

I try hard to follow the instructions. I have had NO PROBLEMS except an. Occasional belch.

LOVIN IT1

I eat 3 high Protein "liquid" diet meals / day and 3 meal supplement shakes/day from New Direction. I love them. Taste and very satisfying.

Loosin weight and have NO hunger.

LOVIN IT

I Also use PURE Protein Pre mixed shake ---- 23 g Protein with only 110 calories.

The. New DIRECTION shakes, Soups and puddings are 27 g protein for 200 calories----- but 3 of the give you 100% of minimum daily requirement of dozens of. Vitamins.

Pure protein and. Muscle milk do not have all the nutriements. But they are pretty good. I keep them in my car for convienence, when I cannot mix a new direction

I also keep ,some GNC and diet Snapples

In my office.

Not all nutriements but pretty good.

I hopes this helps someone.

skikyd you have to realize many people on here who also trust their doctors 100% have way different guidelines from them. I'm not talking about out & out "rule" breaking just plain old different timelines that their doctors progress them on. For instance I was on mushies the following day after surgery, actually had to eat either moist tuna salad or cottage cheese before they would discharge me & was to continue this for the first month (with Protein Shake supplements), then moved to solids. My doctor considered lean moist ground beef/turkey/chicken/pork totally acceptable for the mushy phase. I have lost 115+ lbs since my surgery. I am to have on average 75g of Protein a day but by your definition I would be trying to kill myself with my food choices. Of course there are people who choose poorly & I'm not referring to them but we can't generalize because others choose within their guidelines but those choices would not fit into your guidelines. I hope I worded this politely, I truly am not trying to sound critical just passing on what I have observed from posters the last 2 years I have been hanging around :)

Yay! I've been eyeing the pumpkin spice flavor for a while. I usually just buy the RTD flavors, but that pumpkin spice one has me curious. I guess I'll take a leap of faith and trust you guys on it! I will pick up some and try it!! :) can't wait! I love fall flavors! <3 it'll be like getting a pumpkin spice latte without the guilt! ;)

Allieg8tor the pumpkin Spice is RTD so live it up LOL!!

Allieg8tor the pumpkin Spice is RTD so live it up LOL!!

WHAT? I might have to order online!! xD

My local GNC only has it in powder form, but I'll still go check tomorrow! <3

Matter of fact I walked past a GNC today & they had a whole display of the buggers :)