Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your First......

:hungry: I just want to know what was your first reg. meal after the mushie stage ? :hungry: Was it steak, Chinese food, Mexican food or ??:) what craving did you try to fulfill..I had roasted chicken.:hungry:

Hey Ted

Haven't decided yet. We've got a lot of steak in the freezer. Fish has been sounding good. Beer butt chicken (very moist) is also a possibility. I haven't used my Traeger BBQ since early January. Geeze even a burger!

Does it sound like I'm hungry for solid foods or what?

I do remember exactly (plus I wrote it down) as I have over a year of food diaries -

B: 1 scrambled egg, 1 sausage link, 1 piece of toast

L: 1/2 grilled cheese sandwhich + 1 cup Tomato Soup

D: grilled salmon, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes, small salad

snack - Protein eas lite shake

I had absolutely no restriction but was trying to keep the few pounds I lost off and was very very careful. Not huge appetite either but remember being very scared to eat and going super slow, chewing (it was good practice for the hell to come -lol)

have fun, enjoy on this next step of your journey - it's definitely a learning experience.

Unsure but my first pb was on cheerios!! Will never forget that!

I don't really remember. I think it was probably tuna salad or chicken salad. As for meal meal... I think it was grilled chicken tenderloins. I know that was one of my first retaurant meals, anyway.

Had 1/2 can of chili w/ cheese and salsa last night. Pretty good, but my own will be better when I get some ambition (and time). First fill tomorrow!

Jack, your right over the hill from me. I'm in Central WA. Some good chowder would be great. My doc doesn't like us consuming milk (esp. the heavier milk in chowder), so will be awhile.

Bruce

I had boston market meatloaf. I ordered a kids meal, with creamed corn and as I ate I fed my cornbread to the birds. I got my meal, went to the park and my dd and I had lunch and then we played tag, it was the first time I had the energy to run and play with her, she had just tuned 4. ~Mandy

My first real meal was meat loaf and mashed potatoes. I am not a big fan of meat loaf, but it went down good and I had no problems, so I was happy. Also, it was not really a meal, I think I managed about 4 bites of each then I was full.

i think i have 4 days until my First Real Meal since being banded and i have it all planned out. LOL. i'm going to get BBQ from lucilles! mmm, chickeny goodness. it's going to be torture avoiding those fluffy buttermilk biscuits with apple butter. *drools* :hungry: it's all i talk about. LOL.

Man what a thread!

My appetite is back with a vengence. im still trying to eat soft foods but its tough. I want a cheeseburger. i wont dare.

first food that wasnt pureed was poached egg.

then moved onto scrambled egg.

then scrambled egg with chopped ham (tiny teeny bits) cooked in olive oil.

then fish.

had a bp on a BITE of scrambled egg that went down too fast.

but now...im all over it.

i still wont do bread...but eggs BENEDICT is my favorite thing in the world. baked potatoes came in handy when my brother came down and insisted on restrants every five minutes. if you get bored...spinach quiche is WONDERFUL.

ive done malt o meal, oatmeal, guacamole no problem. yogurts, natural Peanut Butter with welches grape juice to sip on beforehand...(yum) and ive had canned raviolis and canned chicken noodle O Soups.

balsamic Tomato and rice soup! (yum)

and mashed Beans. I love these.

so....

um...

im hungry. and i want birthday cake and a cheeseburger.

::)::

I remember very well. My first soft food was scrambled eggs and I remember them tasting wonderful! My first full meal was bbq chicken on the grill and corn-on-the cob. That was also my first pb. Corn still does not go down for me. I miss corn!

I am not sure but I think it might have been tuna fish. But I remember my one baby PB was on chicken and my my one really horrible PB was on chicken. Needless to say to all those who want chicken for their first meal, be careful and go slow, lol. I've heard that chicken can be an iffy venture for a lot of bandsters.

i think i have 4 days until my First Real Meal since being banded and i have it all planned out. LOL. i'm going to get BBQ from lucilles! mmm, chickeny goodness. it's going to be torture avoiding those fluffy buttermilk biscuits with apple butter. *drools* :hungry: it's all i talk about. LOL.

I would suggest dark meat, it is more moist and seems to chew easier. The white meat gives lots of people problems, something to be aware of. I know I can eat 2 drumsticks no problem, but 2 bites of breast and I am PB'ing. The legs and thighs are the safest options in my opinion. Enjoy the BBQ. Also order some extra sauce, it helps to lube the food. ~Mandy