Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Night Time Is The Hardest......

I had my surgery on April 19 with Dr Ortiz at OCC in Tijuana. For the most part I am feeling well. I have lost 16 lbs including pre-op diet. Today I played tennis- 14 days post op- and I felt pretty good. My problem is in the evenings. Of course the first 3 days were mostly uncomfortable 24/7 but ok for the past week. Then these past few days I have been very uncomfortable when I go to bed. When I lay down, even partially, I have a deep sharp pain, deep below my incision sight on my left side. Could my tummy be too full even though it is several hours since last juice/soup? Gas? It is less painful when I sit upright and even less when I stand. Does anyone else have this? Also- for those of you much further out, will I ever be able to sleep on my side? Thank you for any feedback.

Impressed you are able to play tennis this quick!

I'm already sleeping on my sides and I had surgery on April 24. I think it depends on the person.

Not sure about your pain when laying down. I wish you the best.

-still stuck in bed personally

Lucyg- tennis?? That's AMAZING!!! I had my surgery 4/20 and went back to work 4/24 but def no sports yet. I can sleep on my side BUT I have to switch sides a few times during the night. I do get sharp pains when I don't sip "eat" anything, especially overnight. The "hunger" pain is so intense it wakes me up. Are you drinking enough Water? Try keeping a bottle of Water with you at all times. I put crystal light or 2oz of apple juice to give it some flavor and I sip away my

hunger. Lol

Good luck to you and keep up the great work!!

I had surgery 4/17 and I also had sharp pains once in a while, also couldnt sleep on my side without hugging a pillow for a week after. I was told not to play golf for 3 weeks, so maybe you are rushing it a little...not sure. I do know that every once in a while your stomache likes to remind you that it is there and that it is now smaller!! I have 3 more days on my full liquid diet, and cant wait to try tuna, egg, cottage cheese etc. I have lost 23 pounds, and seem but be stuck the last 3 days?? a little frustrating since i'm really not eating anything but Soup ( and only a little of that!)

Try a heating pad it still maybe the gas,,for some it takes awhile to get rid of it. For me it was up to 5 weeks

,as for sleeping on your side, yes u will be able to. I was lucky slept on my side from day 1 with a heating pad.

I agree have Water everywhere u go, have it on your nite stand, I wake up lots of nights needing a sip or 2.

As for tennis way to go, I have my first golf game on Saturday n I am in my 8th week, see how that goes.

Try the heating pad, and if that does not work, go se your dr, to make sure it is nothing else, gl.

I had surgery 4/17 and I also had sharp pains once in a while' date=' also couldnt sleep on my side without hugging a pillow for a week after. I was told not to play golf for 3 weeks, so maybe you are rushing it a little...not sure. I do know that every once in a while your stomache likes to remind you that it is there and that it is now smaller!! I have 3 more days on my full liquid diet, and cant wait to try tuna, egg, cottage cheese etc. I have lost 23 pounds, and seem but be stuck the last 3 days?? a little frustrating since i'm really not eating anything but Soup ( and only a little of that!)[/quote']

Chin up, we all seem to go into a stall, I had 1 so far lasted a week, this week gained 1lb, today lost it, our body is just saying geesh, what are u doing to me,lol.

Once your calorie intake goes up u will be dropping again, like a trooper. Once u start playing golf all those muscles will be used that will help too.