Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Far Post Op Are You And How Much Weight Have You Lost?

HI everyone. I just went in for my 3 month follow up appointment. I had the Plication done on July 16th 2012. It feels like it was much longer than that. My starting weight was 295 pounds and when they weighed me I was 237 so that is 58 pounds in 3 months. I am excited about the results. I eat good most of the time but I have my days where my choices are not so great. I am exercising at least 3 times a week. I can actually run on the treadmill which is something I never thought I would do! My clothes are very loose but until I am down to 225 I am not buying anything new. I was a 24 and now can fit comfortably into a 18. I have lost over 55 inches all over and I am loosing inches evenly. My restriction is very good but I have a cookie here and there or a piece of chocolate or a glass of wine. I am not perfect by any means. I have plateaued again but I have been here before. To kick start the lossing I just switch back to my protien shakes for Breakfast and lunch (no snacking) and chicken or fish for dinner. Doing that for a week does the trick so that is where I am headed on Monday. It also shrinks up your stomach again too which is a nice feeling. I am still a classic emotional eater so I am looking into getting some help in that area. I have to break that habit.

It is great hearing everyones stories!

It's nice to see someone

Post recently on here... It's a bit

Of a slow forum hey?

A little update: Since my surgery at the end of June, 2012, I have gone from 372 pounds to my current weight of 245. I'm 6' 1", and do have muscle. LOL. It is about down to where I was when I was in top shape. (Gymnast, semi pro soccer and Special Forces.) the workouts are a big key for me, and I'm still keeping my daily intake down to <1,000 calories per day, with very little fat, but massive Protein.< /p>

I only lost 30 lbs since my surgery about 14 months ago. I snuck diet pop/soda into my diet which did not help at all with my surgar cravings. I have stopped drinking pop/soda since my doctors visit when I met another gastric plication with band patient who is having a revision due to pop/soda. Totally her surgery is not at 24,000.

So snacking and soda is definately my down fall

I only lost 30 lbs since my surgery about 14 months ago. I snuck diet pop/soda into my diet which did not help at all with my surgar cravings. I have stopped drinking pop/soda since my doctors visit when I met another gastric plication with band patient who is having a revision due to pop/soda. Totally her surgery is not at 24' date='000.

So snacking and soda is definately my down fall[/quote']

Are you talking "slider foods" then... Empty calories?

You guys are doing what you should be doing. I started out at the beginning of June 2012 at 372. As of today I am at 292. I have almost nothing but Protein and am in the gym doing weights and cardio at least 4 days per week. I am also only eating about 600-800 calories per day and make sure I am taking a multi Vitamin every day.

Update: now sitting at 245 as of today.

Yeah, slider Snacks are my downfall, too. :(

Hello,

I am 12 weeks out and have lost 54lbs, 9lbs pre op and 45lbs post op. I am happy with my sleeve but have been stalled for the past few weeks. I walk 4 miles a day and do hip hop abs or turbo jam cardio 3 times a week. I have noticed I am retaining Fluid in my ankles and feet. I hope this has something to do with the stall, but will be seeing a Dr. on Monday for it. Other than that I love the life change even 54lbs has been life changing.

I am 4 months post-op. I have lost 46 lbs since my sleeve surgery. I feel that I should have lost more by now. However, I have not exercised a lick this month. In addition, I find myself eating potato chips on occasion. The funny thing about this is that prior to surgery, I didn't like potato chips. I'm determined to get back on track. I want to be at 50lbs. by December.

My name is Darlene, I'm currently 4 months post op and have lost 73 lbs. My biggest problem is I have not learned how to eat my food or get in the neede Protein. Do anyone else have this problem?

I am 10 months post op and have lost 121 pounds. I started at 249, 233 the day of surgery. I now weigh 128.

Hello everyone :)

i am one year and 3 months post op , i was a low BMI at the surgery 37 bmi , i lost 48 pounds then gained now i gained 6 pounds and i am stable at 194 195pounds :(

i work alot and really dont have time to go to the gym, it's not an excuse it's the reality so i bought my self a mini gym at my house.

i work out when i can, and still stuck at 195 pounds

i am eating more than i used to , but much less than what i used to eat before the surgery.

if you have any advices please feel free to share them

thank you

and have a wonderfull day

Jeff

Hello everyone

I am only a month shy of 2 years. The journey has been fairly well. No nausea, pains or anything else. My weight loss was steady for 8 months or so, but then it stopped. It just stopped, although I lost on inches but never on the scale since then. I still need to lose 20 lbs. I must say my capacity has also increased as compared to people who have a VSG. Now, I am 4 months pregnant with my second child and am scared. Although, I've gained only 2lbs so far, I don't know what's coming next for me. I am feeling hungry more often now. I don't want to gain much as it will leave my going for the surgery a big failure. My only advise is (which I didn't do) EXERCISE. It will help the stomach to not stretch.

My name is Cat and I had a gastric sleeve 15 days ago (March 9, 2015). I have been on liquids since my surgery and in 6 days I go to soft foods for 3 months, then regular food. I weighed 265 in May of 2014, lost 40 lbs pre surgery. I have lost another 14 lbs since surgery. So now I weigh 211 lbs. I had no problems at all with my surgery and I can't complain at all. The way I look at it is my surgery has to heal, no matter how good those ribs my husband made last weekend, so I strictly stick to my Dr.'s orders. It's not easy, but it will be worth it.

I'm 57 and feel so much better and look so much better than I have in years. And yes, I LOVE the compliments, they taste better than any burger or taco I have ever had. I have bought a few new clothes in my new sizes, but my goal is 150-160, and I am so close to being under 200, that I can taste that. Try to stay positive and life is good!

Edited by Cat the Longarmer

I had my sleeve Dec. 11, 2014. Am down 67 pounds. Have another 50 or so to go. I am on the treadmill every morning but my time on it varies. I also do Wii fit plus which is fun. I'm still struggling with getting enough Water in. My hair is beginning to fall out so am going for a hair cut in a few days. Friends are saying I look shaggy anyway.

I Had my surgery almost 3 months ago and I am down 38 pounds. I had no pre-op diet either and have been on regular foods starting at 5 weeks post op. I in no way think I am any where close to being done with the weightloss yet. I have another 64 pounds to get off!!!