Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared And Excited

Hello! I am considering the gastric sleeve and found this fantastic forum. Congratulations on your procedure! I'm glad you are able to get more sleep now. I hope you don't mind, I would like to follow your posts to help decide if this proceedure is right for me.

Sure follow it if you find it helpful.

I need to contact my doctor again tomorrow. I cannot drink much. I think I can force down maybe 12 ounces a day. I am also struggling to get more than 50 calories a day. This really scares me.

I have no energy obviously and nearly blackout when I stand up. I'm nauseous all the time. The stomach spasms still occur if I skip the spasm medicine.

Right now I am regretting the surgery though the hope is that once I'm healed and able to consume nutrition that I will be happy with the decision.

Today I am 224. Thus 16 pounds lost since starting the preop diet.

I would not worry to much I also could not eat much the first week...I would stick with power aid that helped me alot it did however take me three days to get 16oz down. On the third of May will be two months for me and I can now eat whatever I want just not alot I have over ate a couple of times its all a head game that's for sure. I am down 40lbs 13lb pre-op...... I hope it gets better for you soon. Keep us posted on your progress

I would not worry to much I also could not eat much the first week...I would stick with power aid that helped me alot it did however take me three days to get 16oz down. On the third of May will be two months for me and I can now eat whatever I want just not alot I have over ate a couple of times its all a head game that's for sure. I am down 40lbs 13lb pre-op...... I hope it gets better for you soon. Keep us posted on your progress

Sure follow it if you find it helpful.

I need to contact my doctor again tomorrow. I cannot drink much. I think I can force down maybe 12 ounces a day. I am also struggling to get more than 50 calories a day. This really scares me.

I have no energy obviously and nearly blackout when I stand up. I'm nauseous all the time. The stomach spasms still occur if I skip the spasm medicine.

Right now I am regretting the surgery though the hope is that once I'm healed and able to consume nutrition that I will be happy with the decision.

Today I am 224. Thus 16 pounds lost since starting the preop diet.

No worries the first week is tough, I was the same with dizziness, and was worried I would get dehydrated, I drank Gatorade recover Protein drinks, tea helps the tummy,, and just took small sips constantly, I will be 2 months on may 8 th, Down 36 lbs, and have lost 4 sizes already, energy is up.

It does get better, still can not eat much calorie intake for the day average is 700-800 , I just do not

Have room for more, or if I over eat I get such bad tummy cramps.

Hang in there you r doing fine, even if u do not feel like it right now, within a week or 2 u will look back and go wow that was not so bad.

Once u get to eat more food, u will be ok, some drs r different, I just had to be on liquid for 1 week, cream Soups 2 nd week, 3 rd week started on more solid foods, that is when my energy started to improve.

HANG IN THERE.

My doc is VERY conservative.

2 weeks Clear liquids

4 weeks full liquids ie cream Soups and Protein shakes

6 weeks puréed foods

At week 12 finally get to try solid foods a little at a time

Guess idea is to force you to lose almost everything in the first 12 weeks.

Going to try ice chips today. I'm so thirsty but so nauseous 24/7. It is hard to get anything down. If I ever see chicken broth again it will be too soon. Jello is almost as bad.

Called doc today. Nausea was because I annoy getting enough nutrients and calories. Hmmm guess struggling to get 50 calories in a day isn't enough. :)

Move to phase 2 thank god. Also going for lab tests.

Already jumped for some cream Soup. Though still nauseous, I got down about a 3rd cup of v8 garden broccoli cream Soup. Tasted better than anything since my surgery. That 3rd cup was 30 calories. Normally took much of the day to get that many calories in.

Hoping to feel better sometime tomorrow after the nutrients are absorbed.

Don't hesitate to call your doctor if you are nauseous all the time and it's difficult to move around because you have zero energy. And well I was almost blacking out just standing up.

Not sure who made the mistake but I was supposed to have received anti nausea prescription a week ago. I turned in a hand written prescription to the pharmacist and got 1 med. My doctor said the records show it was prescribed. Pharmacist did not have another in their system.

So I've been suffering for 7 days because who knows what happened.

About an hour and a half after the new med, I was able to eat a Jello pudding cup in one slow sitting. That's more calories in a half hour than I've gotten down in a full day for the last week and a half.

Hoping to get some strength back over the course of the next couple of days.

2 weeks out today. Still nauseous though less than before. Getting about 250 calories a day or less. Still not getting much Fluid down.

Tomorrow I'm doing another barium test to find out why I now feel like I have a rock in my stomach when I do as much as a couple of sips of Water. Also having a bit of pain in the chest down to mid stomach area.

At least with the calories I get now, I can do some walking around the house. I worked from home a couple of hours today. My brain is less mush. I gained back about a pound of what I lost but that was expected. I suspect the gain back is lost Fluid.

Currently down 24 pounds including preop loss.

Slwf hang in there. I don't understand why by now you're still feeling this way. I certainly had restriction that was concerning but never to the point of pain Naseau or lethargic....keep us posted hoping to hear of your quick bounce back ASAP

Alas they found nothing wrong on the barium swallow tests. Had a slight half second of slowness swallowing at my esophagus but nothing else. Told I have to live through it and it should get better.

Doc gave me no restrictions at all on eating or drinking as I need to get more calories in no matter what I can stomach.

Of course I stopped losing anything because you have to have fuel in order to move around enough to lose more. My body is in survival mode and holding onto everything it can.

My arms have an icy feeling to them and when I manage to get some calories down, I get a flush of an icy hot feeling in them. So my body is only taking care of the core and extremities are not getting much.

Right now hating my decision for the surgery. Hoping things turn around soon.

Starting to feel a little better. Stopped the nausea meds.

I cannot take my anti depression anxiety meds. When I do, I actually vomit with a lot of dry heaving. I think the capsule is too big though my doc said it was probably ok.

Foods all still taste funky. I really do not like anything. Much of the full liquids and smooth soft foods are really sweet. Craving more savory foods mostly for variety.

I gained a bit back that I had lost but I'm pretty certain some of why I dropped so much originally was fluids I needed. I'm not dehydrated now. But I am not losing anything in the past week. I believe I need fuel and liquids and more movement to lose. My body is still in shock.

I drive for the first time this morning. It makes my stomach a little sore because I must turn to look over my shoulder. Guess I need to do some easy stretches and movements. It hurts to stretch my back in the morning do I never get a good stretch. Oh the simple things you miss when they are difficult.

Still working from home. I'm now able to work a full day. I was going to go in this week but my boss told me to stay home. There is a nasty stomach virus going around the office. Not something I should catch.

I cannot take my anti depression anxiety meds. When I do' date=' I actually vomit with a lot of dry heaving. I think the capsule is too big though my doc said it was probably ok.

.[/quote']

Can your doc put you on a different medication? Maybe there is something else you'll tolerate better.

Starting to feel a little better. Stopped the nausea meds.

I cannot take my anti depression anxiety meds. When I do' date=' I actually vomit with a lot of dry heaving. I think the capsule is too big though my doc said it was probably ok.

Foods all still taste funky. I really do not like anything. Much of the full liquids and smooth soft foods are really sweet. Craving more savory foods mostly for variety.

I gained a bit back that I had lost but I'm pretty certain some of why I dropped so much originally was fluids I needed. I'm not dehydrated now. But I am not losing anything in the past week. I believe I need fuel and liquids and more movement to lose. My body is still in shock.

I drive for the first time this morning. It makes my stomach a little sore because I must turn to look over my shoulder. Guess I need to do some easy stretches and movements. It hurts to stretch my back in the morning do I never get a good stretch. Oh the simple things you miss when they are difficult.

Still working from home. I'm now able to work a full day. I was going to go in this week but my boss told me to stay home. There is a nasty stomach virus going around the office. Not something I should catch.[/quote']

How's it going now?