Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I figured I'd start a post-op specific group! I'm in my bed right now waiting for IVs and such. I'll be a post-op in a few hours! :)

Congrats Shine. Keep us all posted. God bless you!

Shine by now your surgery is over with and you are probably feeling a little overwhelmed. Hope all is well. Your journey and new life have begun. I am not as young as you but I can from this day forward this is the start of a new way of life. You'll love the new you. Keep us posted on you are doing, the first few days you'll probably want to rest. I'm in day five and staying awake longer, but not taking pain meds any longer. Congrats girl you made it.

Hi friends! I'm officially on the loser's bench!!!! The pain isn't too terrible but they haven't gotten me up to walk yet. Trying to get my breaths into the spirometer! No fluids by mouth yet until my swallow study. Dry mouth lol. But glad to be here! Thank you all

Good you have s speedy recovery. I will be post op 2 weeks tomorrow and let me tell you it does get easier....

Start weight 224, Surgery weight 205, Current weight 199

Thank you sue!

I am officially an RNY patient. I had surgery yesterday morning (09/16) and was released from the hospital today (09/17). I am now home and trying to keep my pain under control.

I converted from Lap-band and the doctor said I had massive amounts of scar tissue. The doctor said he was about to give up, but instead he tried one last spot and he could finely figure out how things were laid out. Once he could see everything, he was able to complete the surgery.

So excited!!!! I won't dare get on a scale today, because I am bloated with tons of Fluid.

I am officially an RNY patient. I had surgery yesterday morning (09/16) and was released from the hospital today (09/17). I am now home and trying to keep my pain under control.

I converted from Lap-band and the doctor said I had massive amounts of scar tissue. The doctor said he was about to give up' date=' but instead he tried one last spot and he could finely figure out how things were laid out. Once he could see everything, he was able to complete the surgery.

So excited!!!! I won't dare get on a scale today, because I am bloated with tons of Fluid.[/quote']

Welcome to the losers bench!

I will check in... Had surgery Sept. 6th, that puts me a little shy of 2 weeks post op. feeling pretty good, pain is almost gone... almost. I still get a reminder belly stab pain under my incisions if I move to fast or bend too far, but it's getting better every day. Still can't sleep on my side... But hopefully soon, then I will sleep more restfully. Looking forward to progressing from the shakes & soft stuff stage to a bit more solid stuff. I see the NUT on Friday, so I am hopeful she will move me along. GERD gone, Diabetes gone, and 16 pounds gone so far... Feeling good!

I will check in... Had surgery Sept. 6th' date=' that puts me a little shy of 2 weeks post op. feeling pretty good, pain is almost gone... almost. I still get a reminder belly stab pain under my incisions if I move to fast or bend too far, but it's getting better every day. Still can't sleep on my side... But hopefully soon, then I will sleep more restfully. Looking forward to progressing from the shakes & soft stuff stage to a bit more solid stuff. I see the NUT on Friday, so I am hopeful she will move me along. GERD gone, Diabetes gone, and 16 pounds gone so far... Feeling good![/quote']

Good for you! My surgery was 9-3, and like you diabetes gone, gerd gone, high blood pressure gone....I feel pretty good too. I'm on pureed foods and things have been going really well. So far, everything still agrees with me. The only bummer thing, is my scale is only reflecting 7 ibs gone since surgery (need to get electronic one though to be sure). This is despite walking 60-90 plus minutes a day. I'm starting to wonder if I'm burning to many calories and not eating enough....

That's awesome! In doing good with walking! It's the whole fluids thing that have me down. Once this full feeling goes away hopefully I'll do better. Surgery was Monday morning, still at the hospital. Hopefully I'll get released today

BroJoe, I had the same problem with sleeping on my side. Some one suggested tucking a pillow under my stomach. It works like a charm. Keep up the good work.

I had my surgery on Sept. 11th and I have to say I'm feeling pretty good now, last three days I have turned the corner. I have minor tenderness around incision sites and drain. Amy able to drink more Water than sipping now, which feels great. Still on pretty soft/pureed foods. I tried some soft canned chicken the other night and it about killed me, I think it was still to rough for me. Drinking a far amount or Soup and trying to get enough Protein in from my shakes. Trying to find a good smoothie recipe I like. I'm happy to say I'm down about 17lbs since surgery and that feels good. I have more of an appetite back were some foods actually look good even though I know I can't eat them yet. I'm still off work and trying to be more active daily and feel like I over do it most days. I'm so motivated to drop the weight and become healthier. I keep telling myself this will be a long journey and I must have patience. My goal is to lose about 150lbs and actually see the scale below 200 even if its 199. Started at 365, surgery weight was 345, current is 327. I'm looking forward to the next year and learning how to use this new tool to the best of my ability. Good luck to all of you, we are an elite group. :-)

Good work Med! I'm nervous to even buy a scale because I don't want to get fixated on a number but I have to so I'll have motivation!

I bought a weight watchers scale today. I'm pretty annoyed by it. I weighed myself in three different spots and got three different results. All are within a few pounds, so I have no idea which one is correct. I think I'm going to take it back tomorrow.