Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Huron Lap Banders??

In that case, the Yoplait Custard Style I know has no chunks in it, and I *think* the whipped Yoplait is also fleck-free.

I've found it at Meijer's and Hiller's and Kroger. I know Hiller's has a huge selection of flavors. At Kroger it's in the health food section's refrigerated case. At Meijer it's in one of the end cases that has the fresh juices and such.

I would also suspect that Whole Foods and Trader Joe's carries it.

Yoplait Lite Thick and Creamy has no pieces of fruit in it. And the Lite and Fit Yoplait that I use has only little pieces of fruit. I'm sure you could get away with picking them out. There are not that many. And yes, yogurt is allowed for 4 weeks through the clear and all liquid phases. Joyce the nutritionist said that's where you get your Protein for the month. Either that or skim milk and I much prefer the yogurt. I start the all liquid stage tomorrow!! :clap2: Can't wait for those creamy soups!!

A little treat for the clear liquid phase.. I put lo fat whipped cream on my sf Jello. Sure makes a difference!

Yep.. I am. Nothing lost in about a week. Not going to let it get me down though. I'm sticking to the diet plan exactly like Joyce told me and I'll trust that things will start happening once I get some other foods in there. Seems like when I look at other tickers it's about the same thing. I was told this wasn't the time to lose weight.. it was the time to heal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! But I am longing for another charm for my bracelet.. Just two more pounds and I get one..

Teachlady,

Good for you:) I'll bet you'll probably drop another chunck of weight here soon.

My surgery is Friday morning at 7:30 a.m. I have to be there at 6a.m. I told DH that I would drive there, it's 1 1/2 hours for us. Not too bad.

At what time was your surgery and when did they discharge you?

Did your DH stay overnight with you or did you have to share a room with another lap band patient?

Jenn

I was told to be at the hospital at 8:30. We got to Port Huron a day early (Monday) and spent the night at the Comfort Inn. Got to the hospital, got prepped and then waited and waited and waited. They were behind and I didn't get into surgery until 10:45. I was back in recovery by noon and back to my room by 1. DH spent the night at the hotel and we left the day after surgery at 10:30 a.m. My roommate in the hospital was a huge lady.. well over 400# I'm guessing and she had broken her leg. She was uncomfortable all night long. They had to have 3 nurses and her daughter to help move her in the bed. I swore then that the lap band was the best thing I could do for myself as I NEVER wanted to be like she was.

Great. I have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. surgery is scheduled for 7:30a.m. I was hoping to be discharged by the late afternoon of the next day. This looks possible although they told me mid afternoon. I do however think that it stinks that you have to share a room. I hope my roomate doesn't snore.

jenn

i meant early afternoon:) oops. Two young kids at my heels makes for mixed up sentences.

I already wrote part of that information in the previous post. Again, two young children :girl_hug: ha ha

I was discharged as soon as the doc saw that all my vitals were normal and I wasn't complaining of any pain. I could have gone home sooner, but was waiting for the doc to see me. Apparently he doesn't do that. He just checks the nurse's stats and then says yes or no on going home. I had no pain and was ready to leave by 9, but didn't ask to go until 10 cause I was waitin' on the doc. .grrrrrrr

I'm sitting here eating my creamy Soup for the first time and it's heaven!! Going to have a lo fat pudding and some applesauce next. Things are getting back to semi-normal, thank goodness! Though I really can't complain. I haven't been staving hungry since the surgery. Head hunger a few times, but no physical hunger at all.

I went in on thursday morning at 6am. I was the first patient and had surgery at 8am. Was in my room by noon. Was up walking right away. Shared my room with a woman that had shoulder replacement. She was very nice. At night they give you pain meds that help you sleep.

My hubby slept on the couch in the waiting area in the middle where the tv was. The next morning I got to go down and get my barium swallow done and came up and had my popcicle and Jello and milk. At 1pm Dr. Bout visited me and said I looked great. Then I was out of there by 2pm. Back to work 2 days later.

Josette..

I was back to my room after recovery and really groggy.. but went by wheelchair to get the barium swallow and then walked back to the room. I was really sleepy the first day, but was walking round and round and round the nurse's station by evening. By the next morning I was antsy to get out of there after the sleepless night with my roommate tossing and turning. But funny thing is, I never saw Dr. Bhesania after the surgery. I thought that was kinda strange, but he did well on the surgery so that's what I really cared about. DH was there with me a lot and that was kewl. Though I told him he could leave the first day as I was sleeping A LOT! Apparently I told him he could go get a set of golf clubs too.. or at least that's what he tells me. :blah: Guess I should listen better next time!! (or he knows how to take advantage of the moment!! )