Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Huron Lap Banders??

The wait was for 2 reasons: equipment trauma and a difficult case right before yours. We were behind all day in that room.

They were really nice and gave DH a voucher for $10 for lunch because he had to wait so long. Course they didn't do that for me!! lol Pam was in the OR with me and two other ladies, but I don't remember their names. I don't remember anything after he put the mask on my face.. out like a light!!

I had my banding done July 1, 2004 by Dr. Bhesania, and every thing has gone just as he said it would. I live near Lapeer, Mi. about 50 miles from Port Huron. I am very satisfied with the banding and the Port Huron Hospital and I have now lost just about all of the wieght that I expected to and I plan to keep my band as my standby. If that is all right with Dr. Bhesania.

COUSINJACK

I had my banding done July 1, 2004 by Dr. Bhesania, and every thing has gone just as he said it would. I live near Lapeer, Mi. about 50 miles from Port Huron. I am very satisfied with the banding and the Port Huron Hospital and I have now lost just about all of the wieght that I expected to and I plan to keep my band as my standby. If that is all right with Dr. Bhesania.

COUSINJACK

Congrats on your weight loss victory!! So you got your band when you were 72?? Amazing!!!

teachlady,

you have lost 18 pounds since your surgery?

WOW,

If you wouldn't mind sharing I would love to know what a day of eating is like for you. I will be banded by Dr. Boutt on the 27th of the month.

thanx

jenn

Jenn..

I've lost 18# since April 1. I went on a low carb, high Protein diet to lose a few pounds and shrink the liver before surgery. I have lost a pound a day so far since the surgery. I'm on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks.. that's broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles, Water, juice and yogurt (for the protein). I have not been hungry though I did have a hard time yesterday wanting to just chew something!! A friend of mine will be banded on the 27th also, but with Dr. Bhesania. Any questions, I 'll be glad to answer.. just message me here or email me.. justincase@lycos.com

teachlady,

how many ounces of yogurt do you eat a day? I find it amazing that the calorie count during the first 2 weeks is like 500. The nutritionist said that the yogurt had to be 100 cal or less. Amazing.

How is your pain? I have my surgery on a Friday and intend to go back to work on the following Monday. I don't do anything high impact. So how do you feel?

Jenn

I have two containers of Lite Yoplait a day. I blend it up in the Magic Bullet because it has pieces of fruit in it. And yup.. I figure I'm eating about 500 calories a day and I gotta tell ya.. I don't feel starved..... yet!! With the variety of foods I'm allowed I don't feel deprived. Just missing that chewing sensation. But today is better than yesterday so I know I can do it for another week.

Contrary to what many have said on the boards. I had no pain to speak of. Absolutely NO gas pain.. I don't know why but I'm very thankful. This surgery for me was no worse than getting a tooth pulled. I'm probably the exception, but that's the way it was for me and I couldn't be happier!!! I was tired the first couple of days, but you should be fine to go back to work on Monday if you take it easy.

i have a friend that said the same thing. That I will be surprised that I am just not hungry. I am excited, I am ready. I am so glad that you have done so well with everything so far.

I hope too that you are not the exception and that my pain will be minimal as well. Although the same friend told me that she was fine too and took care of her kids the next day with the exception of lifting them. So there is hope:)

jenn

Yup...no lifting anything over 20# for a couple of weeks. I miss babysitting for my grandson, but one more week and I'll be able to start that again. Best of luck to you and keep in touch!!!

teachlady,

How are things today? Any better, any worse? Are you swollen? i have read that some people swell afterwards and just wondering if you have? If you have what a great surprise it will be when the swelling goes down and you can notice your weight loss. If you are not swollen can you notice/feel the weight loss?

take care

jenn

Jenn.. I feel great today. Another steri-stip came off today so I have 2 incisions uncovered and 3 covered yet. Will be glad when the itchies are done. I'm able to sleep on my side and my tummy. I'm sitting here with my second yogurt of the day. I haven't lost anything in the last couple of days, but I've done the diet by the book, so hopefully some more will come off soon. I never got swollen and I am noticing my clothes fitting looser now. It's not uncomfortable to wear all my undies again. The first week I camped out in my nightgown and nothing else.;) Now I can dress for the day and yesterday was my first day back to my routine. I did an hour of volunteer work at the hospital, had a 2 hour flute rehearsal, did some work at the church for an hour or two, came home and did some work on the computer and then went to choir rehearsal from 6-7. Went out for dinner afterwards... I had broth. And then home to watch tv. I got to bed about 11:30 and slept like a log until this morning at 8. I feel 100% normal and am just waiting to get out of the clear liquid phase and into the "all" liquids.(5 more days!!)

In a nutshell I can say that this experience has been all good so far and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Judy

Hey Jenn! I am one of Dr. Boutts patience. I love him! He's so funny!

I had my surgery on a Thursday morning at 8am, on Friday at 2pm I went home and on Monday morning I was back in the office. It was really much easier then I thought it'd be. You'll do great! I did have gas but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. I did a lot of walking. I just took the pain meds the first two nights to help me sleep. After that I haven't touched them.

I have a question for anyone that will answer. What type of yogurt can you eat on the "clear" liquid diet? I don't want to have to run it through a blender or a magic bullet. i's like to eat it right out of the container.

any suggestions?

I can't think of any yogurt that you can eat on clears. That's the whole meaning of "clear" as being something you can see through. You can't see through yogurt. But if you are talking full liquids, then I could see you being able to eat yogurt. Though again if you are on full liquids, then would yogurt be a liquid? I dunno. Sounds like a call to the nutritionist is on order tomorrow morning. Will you please let us know what you find out?

The only yogurt I can think of that doesn't have any pieces of fruit (even tiny ones) is the Yoplait Custard style. But it's not available in sugar free. Though this is not the time for weight loss as much as it is for healing (or so they say). Once you can have something with little flecks in it, there are some great yogurt smoothies out there, or you might want to try Kefir.

our doctor allows yogurt as our source of Protein for the first 2 weeks. we can also have milk, sorbet s.f. Jello, coffee, tea fruit ice, popsicles and a few other things.

The yogurt has to not have chinks of fruit in it.