Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like im being jerked around.

So I called my insurance company today to find out if they've made a decision about my surgery. They said that they didn't have a request for it. They also mentioned that it usually only takes them five days to get approval. So I called my docs office back and told them that they said they submitted it two weeks ago. She told me that they send it to the hospital and it could take a month for the insurance to get back to them. I told her that I insurance said five days and she said "wow your on the ball ". Then she told me that the hospital goes over everything and can't tell me how long they will take to send it in from there and then she asks if I have a secondary insurance and if I've checked with them as well. I'm so frustrated I feel like giving up but I've come so far.

Don't give up and don't always go by what the ins says either ..unfortunately it is sometimes the blame game ..I work for health insurance and although I would hope everyone has their crap together and on the same page it doesn't always seem that way... Don't give up;)

Don't give up! You've come too far! I understand the frustration, I'm waiting on the doctor who did my psych eval two weeks ago to get his stupid dictation in my file so it can be submitted to my insurance. I'm not going to give up, and darn it, I won't let you either! So there!

How was that for drama?

Anyway, have faith. Good things are coming your way!

Sawyersmommie, I suggest going to the original docs office that has the referral, getting a copy of the referral and faxing that to the insurance company yourself..... Or getting a fax number from the insurance and give it to your docs office and tell the you will need the confirmation page once that is faxed, usually 48 to 72 hours for this to be done... Not sure why the docs office is giving some lame info about the hospital!! Good luck!

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a place on the forum giving basic information what will probably be required for those who are wanting bypass or whatever WLS? I read the blogs and feel so bad for those who get the run around, because someone won't admit they dropped the ball and they don't care if the patients suffer. They aren't the ones wanting WLS, nor did they work their rears off just to get to the approval point, then gets some BS why the paper work hasn't been submitted. (In my doctor's office there were a couple who work there that need to make appointments with one of their surgeons and one was a case manager who does the insurance paper work. She is also one that can't admit she dropped the ball, will say she wasn't my case manager, just a friend of mine who started long before me, completed everything before me and just got the approval because paper work wasn't completely submitted). So don't give up sawyersmommy, if need be ask why this had to be submitted to the hospital and if you continue not to get a reasonable explaination ask to talk with the office manager. To me the only info that needs to be given to the hospital is your insurance info and I wouldn't think that needed to be done until you got the approval, once the approval comes in your insurance is also approving your hospital. I got my approval and just got the call yesterday from the hospital verifying all the information and basically told me they contacted my insurance company and I have a $225.00 co-insurance, surgery already had been scheduled last week. So hang in there and as I said if need be talk with the office manager.

I've been working on this for over a year. I was supposed to have surgery in August of last year. Had a date and everything but the army deployed both my surgeons. Then before they got new ones I moved. The doctor I'm with now said everything would transfer. Then the office said I'd have to do my psych eval again cause its in a different state. I had to pay out of pocket for that. Then they keep telling me that I don't have the right paperwork where the insurance says I have everything they just need to turn it in. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.