Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm falling apart.....

I dont know whats wrong with me, or even if it has anything to do with nutrition....I am really nervous and jumpy, snappy, depressed, and I havent slept good for about a week, and absolutely NO sleep last night...I even have sleeping pills and I took one last night and nothing! so after about 3 hrs I took another one Lunest 3 mg...the strongest...and I still havent slept...did anyone else have this problem...Im 5 wks out today..dont feel well...help....I just feel like crying...

I dont know whats wrong with me' date=' or even if it has anything to do with nutrition....I am really nervous and jumpy, snappy, depressed, and I havent slept good for about a week, and absolutely NO sleep last night...I even have sleeping pills and I took one last night an nothing! so after about 3 hrs I took another one Lunest 3 mg...the strongest...and I still havent slept...did anyone else have this problem...Im 5 wks out today..dont feel well...help....I just feel like crying...[/quote']

Vicki, your hormones are readjusting to your new body. This is very normal at this stage. Our hormones are stored in our fat so as we begin to loose the fat our hormones just go wild. It should only last another week or so. I've started drinking a cup of warm light soy milk with just a bit of cinnamon and a packette or two of Splenda. Its give me a boost of Protein and knocks me out real nice.

Of course if it continues, check with your dr. And make sure its not being confused with dumping.

Preop weight 389 current weight 327 that's 62 lbs lost since RNY 6/11/13

I agree, check w/ your doc. Could be a symptom from your vitamins.... I was very sensitive to niacin.

I dont know whats wrong with me' date=' or even if it has anything to do with nutrition....I am really nervous and jumpy, snappy, depressed, and I havent slept good for about a week, and absolutely NO sleep last night...I even have sleeping pills and I took one last night and nothing! so after about 3 hrs I took another one Lunest 3 mg...the strongest...and I still havent slept...did anyone else have this problem...Im 5 wks i out today..dont feel well...help....I just feel like crying...[/quote']

I've had problems with absorbing my sleep meds...I sleep about 4 hours a night, tops. I can't crush them...sigh

hmmmmm,,,I started wondering if that may be the problem, but why all of a sudden?...they were working?....How does crushing them help, Im going to the doc today and i dont know if I should stay on lunesta (not timed released) or try ambien cr (timed release)

thanks everyone..I will see the doc today and hopefully get some resolution...what did niacin do to you hottamale?

really? i never thought about Protein or Vitamins being the cause, i have so much to learn....ty

Vicki s, Niacin made me feel really jittery. I talked with one of the docs I work with and he did say that niacin could make me feel that way and suggested taking that at night so I could sleep thru it. I think it has helped me.

Be careful with Ambein cr. I had bad side effects from it. It made me very aggressive in bed, but I would not remember much of it. I would have just flashes of what had happened. My husband said it was really strange for him, because I was not myself at all. Then I would not remember it, and I think that hurt his feeling some.

thanks Hottmale...I will mention it to my doc...

Be careful with Ambein cr. I had bad side effects from it. It made me very aggressive in bed, but I would not remember much of it. I would have just flashes of what had happened. My husband said it was really strange for him, because I was not myself at all. Then I would not remember it, and I think that hurt his feeling some.

Music..If I get aggressive in bed, the only one with hurt feelings will be my pillow LOL................

Well at least take your pillow out to dinner first - its only fair!!

on a serious note - Make sure you put your car keys up some where safe. I have heard of people driving on CR.

My sleeping pills-Ambien- wears out very fast, initially it kicks me out quickly, but only for about 4 hours... Sometimes I take another dose mid night and have another 4 h of sleep, but this doesn't solve the problem, because I can only refill 30 every month and I will end up being short... I am also on 10 mg, which is I believe max. I will talk to my doc, I guess :)

My sleeping pills-Ambien- wears out very fast, initially it kicks me out quickly, but only for about 4 hours... Sometimes I take another dose mid night and have another 4 h of sleep, but this doesn't solve the problem, because I can only refill 30 every month and I will end up being short... I am also on 10 mg, which is I believe max. I will talk to my doc, I guess :)

Yes, talk to him,,I just switched from 10 mg reg to ambien CR....I hope you get some relief..It is horrible when you cant sleep and cant eat either..I know its been rough for me...:/