Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did u ever break things bcuz of ur weight...

Yeah...I broke a step on my deck today. As if I didn't already feel fat, it had to be confirmed by a step collapsing underneath me on my way to work. What a great way to start my day :-( In all fairness, the deck is old and needs replacing but still, it didn't collapse on my thin family members and probably never would have. My knee is so swollen and bruised, I can barely walk. So, have you broken anything that wouldn't have broken if you were of normal size??

God yes. I hate it. I've broken chairs, beds, couches. It's awful.

The most embarrassing moment happened at my family reunion, I sat down in one of those plastic lawn chairs, and the thing just collapsed, it was awful, my family looked at me and gave me the pity face.

I can't wait until I can sit down and not be terrified about the chair collapsing, or laying in a friend's bed and not hear the ominous creaking. For a really long time I had reinforced my bed with cinder blocks.

God yes. I hate it. I've broken chairs' date=' beds, couches. It's awful.

The most embarrassing moment happened at my family reunion, I sat down in one of those plastic lawn chairs, and the thing just collapsed, it was awful, my family looked at me and gave me the pity face.

I can't wait until I can sit down and not be terrified about the chair collapsing, or laying in a friend's bed and not hear the ominous creaking. For a really long time I had reinforced my bed with cinder blocks.[/quote']

I've broken other things as well. Toilet seats...Omg, broke quite a few of those just in the last year. I also broke the bottom of a bath tub in a rented apartment a few years back. Granted, it was a cheap plastic or Fiber glass tub but I'm sure normal size people shower in them everyday with no issue. I was so embarassed to tell my landlord. God I can't wait to be on the other side of this nightmare. I want out of this fat suit. December can't come soon enough!!!

I broke a couch and my husband had to reinforce it with plywood... So embarrassing!!! Omg and when he used to fold my underwear it looked like he was folding a parachute! And then splitting pants at work ... Geez... Hated being fat

date of surgery 02/21/12 surgery weight 340 lbs. current weight 146 lbs

I have done the resin outside chair , a friends patio chair , and the toilet seat, twice....it's nice not to be in that predicament anymore

I've broke a bed- it had been repaired before from nephews jumping on it but I'm sure a normal person wouldn't have broke it again. I've broken my chair at work too- it was an adjustable desk chair and got to the point where it wouldn't stay up. I'd sit down and it would just sink to its lowest height. So uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thanks for all the replies. I just joined here and I think I'm going to love it. Discussing my weight or the many things that come along with being overweight are something I never discussed with anyone. I think its things smaller people would never understand unless they've lived it. I honestly feel comfortable here because obviously, we're all in or were in the same boat and understand the difficulties of living large. The fear of breaking something everytime we sit down. Or how about the fear of getting seated in a booth at a restraunt that you have to pry yourself in and out of?? I took my son to TGI Friday's for his birthday and the booth we got seated at actually left bruises on my stomach by the time I pryed myself out of it. I wanted to cry through the entire dinner and did cry alone afterwards. I felt like the whole restraunt watched me stuff my face as I was stuffed into that booth. Unless someone experienced something like that, they would never get it. My journey to surgery is 3 months in. September 3rd is my 3rd Dr visit and 2nd class. I've lost the weight I needed to lose which was 17lbs (half of the 10% normally required for surgery bcuz I have to quit smoking as well) I've lost 22lbs so far. Now I need to quit the cigarettes and that scares the sh*t out of me but I know I have to. So this weekend after my cigarettes are gone, I'm going to quit cold turkey. I pray I'm as successful as some of the quitters I've read about here :-)

Sorry this is so long...

Plastic out door chairs are the worst! I've broken a few of those. And it's so embarrassing because they don't give you a warning they just explode under neath you. My sister even barred me from sitting in hers. Lol i have broken many toilet seats also. The most embarrassing was when I broke my friends and I had to tell her. Omg my face was red and I drove to the store after I told her to buy her a new one. I also put it on for her. I've broken many bed frames and box springs. Oh yeah and computer chairs. Uggh I have to buy a new one at least once a year.

Thanks for all the replies. I just joined here and I think I'm going to love it. Discussing my weight or the many things that come along with being overweight are something I never discussed with anyone. I think its things smaller people would never understand unless they've lived it. I honestly feel comfortable here because obviously' date=' we're all in or were in the same boat and understand the difficulties of living large. The fear of breaking something everytime we sit down. Or how about the fear of getting seated in a booth at a restraunt that you have to pry yourself in and out of?? I took my son to TGI Friday's for his birthday and the booth we got seated at actually left bruises on my stomach by the time I pryed myself out of it. I wanted to cry through the entire dinner and did cry alone afterwards. I felt like the whole restraunt watched me stuff my face as I was stuffed into that booth. Unless someone experienced something like that, they would never get it. My journey to surgery is 3 months in. September 3rd is my 3rd Dr visit and 2nd class. I've lost the weight I needed to lose which was 17lbs (half of the 10% normally required for surgery bcuz I have to quit smoking as well) I've lost 22lbs so far. Now I need to quit the cigarettes and that scares the sh*t out of me but I know I have to. So this weekend after my cigarettes are gone, I'm going to quit cold turkey. I pray I'm as successful as some of the quitters I've read about here :-)

Sorry this is so long...[/quote']

You said you have a son? Do it for him (the smoking). And you have to be really ready. As a single parent, I had a scare that I was convinced I had throat cancer. It was the scariest thing and my son was only a yr at the time. I quit right then and never looked back. Turned out to be something else and I wasn't going to tempt fate again.

It is incredibly hard but you can do it. Don't buy any. If you don't have any, you can't smoke one. The urge will pass.

Good luck!! It is possible!! :D

You said you have a son? Do it for him (the smoking). And you have to be really ready. As a single parent' date=' I had a scare that I was convinced I had throat cancer. It was the scariest thing and my son was only a yr at the time. I quit right then and never looked back. Turned out to be something else and I wasn't going to tempt fate again.

It is incredibly hard but you can do it. Don't buy any. If you don't have any, you can't smoke one. The urge will pass.

Good luck!! It is possible!! :D[/quote']

Thank you for the encouragement!! I am a single mom. My son is 20 but still lives at home with me and will always be my baby lol. I'm going to be 40 this year and have smoked more than half of my life. It's time!! I don't even like it much anymore and the extra money will be better spent on Protein and other things that are good for me :-) I can do this...I just hope I don't eat in place of smoking.

(Pre op) Journey Starting Weight: 341, Current Weight: 319, Goal weight: 140 (After GB) Hoping for December surgery date!!!