Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much a piggy piggy for the band to change?!?!

i got banded on the 21st ... just got home today! my paperwork says i shouldn't be hungry for about a week. but... here i sit with my tummy grumbling away like i haven't eaten in a whole year... i am already plotting when i get my next 1/2 cup of broth... :faint:

this can't be good!!!!! am i just too much a piggy piggy?!?!?! i don't want to over do it, but i don't want to starve either.

oh, poo!!!!!!

Well, you should stay hydrated, my dr told me I should drink 64 ounces of liquid in the first few days, which is no problem I stayed full as long as I had something in me. I went through the hungries as well, and On day 5 i started with yogurt. Today for me is day 8 and I have had cream of wheat, pudding, yogury, eggs, refried Beans, queso, mashed potatoes, etc since day 5. Everybody has a different experience and is told something different by their dr. I was not supposed to start on food like that until day 13, BUT, If I'm hungry all time, PLUS the fact that when my stomach growled after the band it HURT, I needed to make sure I stay full. If I were you I'd try to stay on liquids as long as I could, then gradually see what I could tolerate.

I was banded on the 15th and also went through some really hungry periods around day 5 and 6. I didn't feel like eating, but my stomach would growl. With being so newly banded, I would eat just a little more broth or other liquids maybe a bit sooner than you were advised, but I wouldn't push anything more than that for a couple of days. Just remember to sip ever so slowly. Maybe even drink some creamed Soup with a little more milk than called for...this will give you the Protein from your milk and might make you feel full longer plus liquify it more so. Just make sure there are no chunks in it. Hang in there. It really does get better. Now that I am on mushies, I feel like I am in heaven. You're just a few days away from feeling much better!!!

It really does get better. Now that I am on mushies, I feel like I am in heaven. You're just a few days away from feeling much better!!!

oh i can't wait!!!! this is miserable...!!! i was so looking forward to not having grumbly belly for a while, and here i am, 2 days post op starving! not fair!!!

luckily the nutritionalist said i could have liquid yogart as early as day 4... that's my beacon of hope!!!

I would be willing to bet whoever wrote your paperwork---has never been banded!!! Some people wake up from surgery hungry---others never feel hungry again---but they are a very rare few. Most of us go through exactly what you are now....Bandster Hell. A band in place with no fill---and a liquid diet to boot! I was ot strictly limited in how much I could have as far as celar liquids went---so I kept something, sipping at ALL times I think. It was somewhat of a struggle---same as any diet--- until I got good restriction with my 2nd fill. Now, I have no hunger....it does happen, but not until the fill process can be started.

Keep in mind this is supposed to be healing time, and any weight lost is a bonus...that is hard, because it is such a psychological high to see the weight dropping! But whatever you do---follow the Dr.s orders, there are VERY good reasons you cannot have food at this point!

It will pass quickly and you will beon your way! Hang in there, and when you get really bad, log and and tell us about it! It will keep your head in the game, and maybe we can help in some small way!

You are not any more of a piggy piggy than any of us!!! WELCOME to bandland!!!WoooHooo!!!

Kat

Don't think you are alone....I was so hungry the day after my surgery which was THANKSGIVING!! It was torture to smell the turkey and fixin's....I won't lie....I took a tiny piece of turkey and chew it til was liquid....It was heaven. On my third day post op, I called the Dr's office and told them that I was starving so they advanced me to the Liquid Protein stage. I felt so much better after it. Give the office a call and tell them that you are very hungry. Every patient is different and you could be ready for the next step. Good luck!