Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Are there any support groups in N.Ca? I had my surgery by Dr.Foster out of Burlingame.. hard to explain to family that I want to eat the entire thing of food..but really can eat a few bites.. think a group is what I need...

lawbebe - I know that the group that meets for Kaiser has a support group that meets before the official Kaiser meeting that is supposed to be for anyone. You might call the Kaiser near you (S. San Francisco, Fremont, or Richmond) and ask them. S. San Francisco's number is 650-742-3079.

Vicki

The meeting is at the Sacramento Kaiser by Cal Expo called Point West. We meet at 10 the last Saturday of the month.

Vicki

The meeting is at the Sacramento Kaiser by Cal Expo called Point West. We meet at 10 the last Saturday of the month.

Vicki

Just a quick correction....actually it is always on the 4th Saturday of the month at Point West Kaiser. This month it will be the last Saturday but I wanted to clear that up for future months. Some months have 5 Saturday's and in that case it will be the 4th Saturday.

As a matter of fact I am going to this one! I haven't been to the support group meeting since January and I really need to go.

By the way; how are you doing Vicki? Congrats!!! It looks like you are getting extremely close to your goal, I am so happy for you!

April - Glad you clarified that. I would have been in trouble again. LOL

I'm doing fine. I scheduled another fill for May 6th because I'm getting a little hungry too soon after eating. Darn, I was hoping to stay away from that place for a while. Oh well, at least I have a little time built up. I called and asked if they had anything around 3 - 3:30 so I could work 1/2 day. She said I have on on the 6th at 10:30. I then said but I'll wait a little longer if you can get around 3-3:30. She said on the 20th of May I have one at 1:45. I gave up and took the first one. Either way it's a whole day off for a 20 minute appt. <sigh>

How are you doing?

Hey I have May 6th @ 10:30...this time with Dr.Le...Typically I see my surgeon Dr.Alami, but things have been crazy busy with him and he doesn't have anything left in May open for fills. So for the first time I have to see a different surgeon. I am kind of nervous about it. WHo does your fills???

Oops. Mine is 10:45 on the 6th. I must be the appointment right after yours. Dr. David Le does my fills. He's ok. He tends to be on the conservative side. I plan on telling him to be a little more agressive this time. Not a lot but I don't want to have to keep running down there. I think I have about 4cc's in my band so I think we have room. I have to tell him not to go by my weight because I don't let myself eat more than 1000 calories a day. I also exercise 5 days a weeks so the weight will continue to go down. But I've gotten where I'm hungrier and I can eat more.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Vicki

Oh ok...well I probably will see you then. I come a little early since I am driving from so far; depending on traffic sometimes I get there 30 minutes early and sometimes right on time. How has the drive been for you? How often do you go? I have gone every month since November, and I am finding it to be extremely tiring! I hope I don't need too much of fill next time especially if he is conservative; because I don't want to have to argue with him over it.

I've only been to one of these. I figure I might make them a monthly thing or at least everyother month. I have about a 30 minute drive from my house but the traffic was pretty light since it's on a Saturday.

As far as getting Dr. Le to give you a fairly good fill, just make sure that you make sure he understands the situation. With me, I loose weight no matter what because I make sure I stay under 1200 calories and exercise. So I had to make sure that he understood that he couldn't go by that. He seems to like to stay around 1/2cc after the initial fill. He's really worried about getting someone too tight.

I have already sent him an email saying I wanted to be more agressive this next time. I would like to get around 1cc put in. Hopefully he'll do it.

Happy 90 degree weather everyone! Just a few questions - I hope someone can help! I have my PCP appt. tomorrow to obtain my initial referral. I have to use Sutter Independent Physicians. I know there are two groups available right now, the one downtown and Dr. Waldrep (sp) in Roseville. Does anyone have a preference? Also, what surgery center do they use for the lap band, or do they perform it as an inpatient procedure? Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions!

Happy 90 degree weather everyone! Just a few questions - I hope someone can help! I have my PCP appt. tomorrow to obtain my initial referral. I have to use Sutter Independent Physicians. I know there are two groups available right now, the one downtown and Dr. Waldrep (sp) in Roseville. Does anyone have a preference? Also, what surgery center do they use for the lap band, or do they perform it as an inpatient procedure? Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions!

I wish I could help you...I had mine done through Kaiser. I do know of a site I belong to on yahoo groups called Sacramento Valley Bandsters. It is a group that consists of other Bandters here in Sacramento that have had their surgeries as long as 5 years ago and as soon as last week...

here is the link... Sacramento_Valley_Bandsters : Sacramento Valley Bandsters

They're all wonderful; some of them used Sutter, and some used another doctor or two here in Sacramento. Log on to this site when you get a chance; they are ALWAYS willing to answer questions. Hopefully they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Goodluck getting the information you need!

Wow it has been awhile since i was here (i actually started this thread) I did half azz try to get approved for the Lap Band but i guess at that time i wasn't ready.

I have a really good friend that i have watched have the sugery and she is doing very weel (she is a nurse) i have also lost a good friend last summer to the other WLS...(gastric bypass) I already knew that surgery was NOT for me.

My problem before was my Dr (i have Health Net HMO) was not and is still NOT supportive of ANY WLS! There is no way i can change my insurance until open enrollment until November of this year.

So my question is how do i start the process? I deffently know i need to change Dr's 1st, what else? My BMI is 43 and other than a neck and back injury i have no other medical issues.

Thanks for a ny info you can give me. I did re-join the Yahoo Bandsters group.

Nicole