Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gross.. But need help!

I'm 13 days post op and have not had a solid BM movement I've been having stomach cramps which lead to either very loose stool or diarrhea. I'm not sure if this is normal since I haven't had solid food in 5 weeks now due to 3 weeks liquid pre op diet and now 2 weeks liquid post op. anyone else experience really loose stool? It's driving me crazy. Sorry for gross topic.

I'm 13 days post op and have not had a solid BM movement I've been having stomach cramps which lead to either very loose stool or diarrhea. I'm not sure if this is normal since I haven't had solid food in 5 weeks now due to 3 weeks liquid pre op diet and now 2 weeks liquid post op. anyone else experience really loose stool? It's driving me crazy. Sorry for gross topic.

I'm not there yet. Surgery is on Weds & started liquid diet today, but I have read several comments from others on these threads that said "liquid in, liquid out," so I think it might be normal.

BM's are crazy things.

What you're going through is normal for this surgery, the first couple weeks while on liquids I had nothing but loose sooty looking stool. It went away by the third weekish.

I'm going to quote my surgeon,"If you eat solids your stool will be solid, if you eat liquids your stool will be liquid".

All normal, as someone posted above which made me laugh "liquid in - liquid out". It all levels off after a while and when you get to semi-solid foods. Right after surgery I was "running" to the bathroom everyday... now I'm pretty regular.

The problem your having is because of your diet & once you are able to introduce solid foods, the problem should go away. I find it interesting that so many of you all had to go on a liquid diet before surgery. I did not have to do that, I guess different surgeons have different protocols before surgery, I don't know what kinds of k liquids your eating (or drinking) but if your having anything with milk, whey or lactose,it will make your situation worse. I hope you Dr ups your diet to the next level soon feel better. Even though we all have gone through rough spots in this weight loss journey the further along you go the more you'll feel it was worth it. I'm down 108lbs since Jan & I feel like a new person. I still have another 142lbs to go. Anyway feel better soon,& don't worry about the subject matter we've all been there & if you don't ask you'll feel like your alone a&your not . Ok I'll shut up now :) Peace, Mary

Thank you Mary. I've been having so many different problems I feel like a made a huge mistake having this surgery. I'm trying to see the finish line but its so hard right now and the only support I have is this forum.

Thank you Mary. I've been having so many different problems I feel like a made a huge mistake having this surgery. I'm trying to see the finish line but its so hard right now and the only support I have is this forum.

What you are feeling right now is normal, and it does get better. Hang in there!!!

If your tushy gets sore frome diarrhea dab with baby wipes, do not rub. Keep really clean after every stool, wash well. Too much information? Better than not enough.

I can so relate! It has only been tonight that I didn't think that very thought. I hope it gets better for you. Maybe we r just having an extremely bumpy start which will be a distant memory a year from now. I'm 7 days post op.

I'm 2weeks post op my biggest problem is I woke up from surgery with my left leg a sleep and it's still asleep makes me super scared.

Wow, what does your doctor say about your leg? I certainly understand why that would be scary.

Wow' date=' what does your doctor say about your leg? I certainly understand why that would be scary.[/quote']

I haven't got a real answer from anyone they all say it from the straps they use to hold you down on the table being tight in my leg and from laying on the table unconscious for 5 hours they think a nerve got compressed called neuropraxia but I don't know. I just know I'm scared ill never be able to run around with my 2 year old again.

I'm no doctor but at least they claim to have an answer and that is a good thing. If it's a compressed nerve can they do anything for it? If they can't, is it keeping you from walking? The weight loss from the surgery should help you get to the goal of running around with your two year old I would think so you have to hang on to that. It's hard when we hit these bumps in the road to remain positive. Venting and pushing through it will hopefully help some. I'll be glad to listen!

I'm no doctor but at least they claim to have an answer and that is a good thing. If it's a compressed nerve can they do anything for it? If they can't' date=' is it keeping you from walking? The weight loss from the surgery should help you get to the goal of running around with your two year old I would think so you have to hang on to that. It's hard when we hit these bumps in the road to remain positive. Venting and pushing through it will hopefully help some. I'll be glad to listen![/quote']

Yea walking without help is hard imagine walking on a foot and leg that is asleep. I use a walker or wheelchair for any distance. I'm going to see a neurologist on the 5th I hope he has answers and good news.

I hope so too and wish you all the best! Please let us know how you are doing.