Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cut or Not to Cut My Hair is the Question!

So I just hit my 3 month post op point and my hair is thinning out on schedule. I'm a little torn between cutting it or ride'n this out.

I've always had this vision to be this slender African American cute girl with long hair. I've been growing it since 2009 so its between my bra and mid waist line.

I'm thinking maybe I should ride it out.. increase my Biotin and just hope it'll start slowing down and filling in and keep wearing my clip ins to help make it fuller. But... It may never fill in nice.

Or.... I was going to cut it in a sexy A-Line Bob and dye it jet black which will make it look fuller. A new hair cut to go with my new body.

What do you guys think?

HELP!

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

post-28028-13813812520731_thumb.jpg

That is a tough one!! hair looks beautiful! I say wait it out and use your clip ins for fullness when needed. I'm jealous because my hair doesn't grow anymore and now it really won't grow as I'm losing it so I have to keep it short. Work it girl!!

This is how I want to cut it

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

post-28028-13813812522917_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I have the same problems!

I used to have nice,curly very easy going long hair...

I am 9 mnd out and now it is much thinner

and frizzier,I have started to blow dry away all my belowed curls in order to get the frizz under control...

I was just thinking about this last evening,I trust my hairdresser,she knows me very well,I will have to ask her,I am thinking of a nice bob too...

I really hope our good hair days comes back to us !

My hw was 242,cw 158;size 10;-)

Big hug!

Get you ends clipped, have ur stylist condition and or add a Protein treatment and wait. Don't cut unless u have to 5 years of growing ur hair is a long time! ;)

This is how I want to cut it

The Bob you're considering is really pretty! You could wait a while to make your decision. Maybe your hair loss will stop soon and you won't be forced to decide. Either way, you will look beautiful! And if you're forced to cut it, it will grow back... :-)

If you do the bob, you can donate your hair to locks of love.

I'm all for the not cutting it. I love long hair. When my hair started falling. I just left it & worn a hat lmbo now it's just style my hat collection. I been growing my hair for many years as well. Longer then 5 years. My hair is sorta damage & such so it's hard to grow. When it was almost to my butt bam!!! Had WLS like 3 months after all my long hair was falling off :( back to growing it back again. Do whatever it takes not to cut your hair.

Here's a good hair loss article.

http://www.advancedweightlossnj.com/hair-loss-after-surgery.php

I have not had hair loss since surgery. Idk if i sn blame the baby but my hair is thicker and healthier but I do weekly egg & olive oil conditioning and my prenatals contain dha (fish oil) which is great for hair.

HW:358 DOS:338 CW:275 SD:1/28/13

I have not had Hair loss since surgery. Idk if i sn blame the baby but my hair is thicker and healthier but I do weekly egg & olive oil conditioning and my prenatals contain dha (fish oil) which is great for hair.

Are you pregnant?

Are you pregnant?

Yes.

My Hair loss was really bad for about 6 weeks! Now it has almost stopped falling out ! I say wait and see, u can always cut it, but u can't put it back !!!

Oh Em Gee... This is all such great advice. What I've done was trimmed it to my bra strap. I cut about 4 inches of. It's still long but not where it was. I'm thinking about dying it jet black and buying so new full clip ons to hold me over.