Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 years out and steadily gaining my weight back. I'm now post menopausal with a stressful, desk job. I try to get out to walk daily but even that takes committment to pull myself away from my desk. I don't really have any problems with any foods, never had. I've never thrown up post surgery and felt like my impulse to eat was stronger than the surgery! Anyone in the same boat? Were you able to turn it around? I am so embarrassed because everyone knows I've had surgery and is watching me gain the weight back. WTH??!!

Sorry to hear this! This is my biggest fear! I am just almost a year out . I have read where people "go back" and start with the liquid phase and retrain their pouch.... think you could try that? Or go back to measuring out your portions and being strict with the diet and committing to more exercise. It's tough I know. But I would hate for you to have to have the unhealthy effects of regaining the weight!

I hope you get back on track!

Pv-

You've got this. Do a liquid diet for two weeks. Crank up your Proteins and eliminate your carbs. Don't waste all the effort you put in. We are here for you. I am also going thru menopause. It is so HARD!

put an exercise bike in your living room and ride it when you watch tv. Jump in it in the morning as well, following it with a Protein Shake.< /p>

If you're not doing so already, start maintaining a food log. My Fitness Pal is highly recommended but there are any number of good apps out there. Configure your food log app (usually in Settings) to lose X amount of weight a week (be realistic). The app will calculate your recommended daily calorie intake to meet that weight loss goal. Remember that that goal is an AVERAGE. Maintaining an exact calorie intake every single day is unrealistic and not sustainable. Maintaining an AVERAGE calorie intake is absolutely realistic and absolutely sustainable. When (not if) you exceed your goal on any given day, you simply make a minor reduction in your calorie goal for the next day or two and you're right back on track with your AVERAGE.

Think of your log as a compass. Always pointing you in the direction you want to go. In my opinion, a food log is the single most important tool you can have. Pre-op, weight loss, maintenance - it works exactly the same regardless of where you are at in your journey. It's quick. It's easy. It allows you to manage your weight instead of your weight managing you. It gives you confidence. You'll never again say "I THINK I did well this week" - you'll KNOW you did well.

I have maintained my log for close to two years and there is not the slightest doubt that I will maintain it for the rest of my life. It's all about control, not denial.

I agree with DL. About a month ago I started getting lax with logging my food intake. As I am a slave to the scale... yes I know you don't agree DL.. ha...I caught a 2 lb gain quickly. I vowed when I started this journey that it is much easier to lose under 5 lbs then 190 lbs. So, when I caught the weight gain.. I quickly got back to logging everything that goes in my mouth and upped my exercise. I was excited to see the weight come off with in 3 days. So am back to logging everything and exercising like a beast. We have come to far to see our efforts fail. Get back on the wagon and use any and every tool in your arsenal. Excuses are like butt holes ... everyones got one... only way to get it off is to be accountable!! You got this.

Everyone, thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support. I have started my food log again, and am stopping my snaking. It's hard but I just must do this! I am so glad to have found this app and all of you too!

I'm 5 years out and steadily gaining my weight back. I'm now post menopausal with a stressful' date=' desk job. I try to get out to walk daily but even that takes committment to pull myself away from my desk. I don't really have any problems with any foods, never had. I've never thrown up post surgery and felt like my impulse to eat was stronger than the surgery! Anyone in the same boat? Were you able to turn it around? I am so embarrassed because everyone knows I've had surgery and is watching me gain the weight back. WTH??!![/quote']

How much have you gained back?

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

You can do it. I'm in my fitness under mamiof3kids add me :) we are a support group & most important we are human & you can lose the weight it's not impossible.

Add me too on MyFitnessPal

Username: LeticiaHuggins

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---