Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me please!!!!!

can someone pleaase tell me what to do:help:

I am having surgery on thurday and I am suppose to be on a

liquid diet for three days all I have had is crystal light/tea/protein shake

with soy milk/and squash soup/water/sugar free popsicle

Now I find out today that i eat the wrong things and i am freaking out:omg:

that they are going to cancel my surgery and on top of it I am starving:hungry: I have not eating anything since 1:00 pm

I have one day to make thing right what can I do

please some one tell me if I am worried for no reason

I haven't had the surgery yet myself, but I know that a lot of surgeons don't even require you to be on any kind of diet before hand, so it's a good bet that you'll be alright if you make amends now and eat whatevery you are supposed to. Breathe, be calm, and drink as much Protein as you can. Good luck.

thanks Megan I hope so, it has taken me 2 yrs to get to this point

and I would hate to thing i did something so stupid to mess it up

Some people are given very drastic diets, like it sounds you were---others have no pre-op diet at all! Personally I was never put on a liquid diet until after the surgery. I had 2 weeks before surgery that I was on a no/low fat, high Protein diet.

I cannot imagine that the diet you describe could hurt your having the surgery. The only issue I would have with it, is it seems very low protein, and you will need protein to help with healing.

Don't panic----talk to the Dr., and let us know how everything goes!

I hope your surgery is nice and smooth, as well as your recovery. It sounds like you will do well, you were able to follow the diet you thought you were supposed to be on!

Take care, and let us know how you do!!!

Kat

Dang I feel like I got ripped off I had to be on a liquid diet for 8 days before my surgery. Nothing but Water, gatoraide, tea, broth, etc. It was so my liver could shrink enough that it is not in the way when the dr is putting the band on. I can't imagine you being cancelled on your surgery just for a couple of days. Just keep yourself full of liquids at atll times so you are not hungry

i am supposed to be on a Liquid Protein diet for two weeks prior to surgery..i feel really ripped off, since so many others don't have any pre-op diet at all. I know my surgeon is one of the pioneers of this surgery and he really feels that this diet will shrink the liver. He says that if you do not follow it (ie lose weight) then he will not perform the surgery. So this is day two and I am following it well...although i think i may eat a few of the slim fast bars instead of the liquid since they are more satisfying and they contain the same calories but even more Protein.

But I must say after all these years of enjoying food way too much..this is a drastic change.

My husband says that if i can do the pre-op diet then why do i need the surgery..can't i just lose the weight through diet/exercise....that is a thin man speaking for sure:)

mags

thanks everyone for your reply I really appericate your help I will let you know how it went