Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WA State Band Docs

Any advice on good Doctors in Washington State that do Lap Band? My insh is Group Health and they will pay for RNY as far as I know they will not pay for Lap Band, anyone know different? I may have to be a self pay. I am too afraid of RNY so, band it must be.

Advice please?

Dreamer:)

I know that Dr. Neal in Olympia has a good reputation. I went to a seminar with him and he was very nice.

However, I was with GH too and they wouldn't pay, so I decided to go to Mexico and had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz. He actually trained Dr. Neal. It was MUCH more affordable. No problems at all. You may want to consider that as an option. Either way, good luck on your journey

I went to Northwest Weightloss Surgery and they are fabulous. My aunt had hers done with them too. They are among the bery best in the country and almost everyone that works for them is banded! So they all understand exactly what you are going through. One of the fill nurses there is an NP and she wrote one of the most respected books on gastric banding and is banded herself and at goal, I always go to her for my fills. I recommend checking them out :lol:

Hi Dreamer,

I'm currenlty looking too and went to a seminar by Dr Fox out of Tacoma, he does his surgery at Auburn regional medical center. The cost is $12,800 and that includes the 90 days after surgery, so any appointments you would have to pay out of your pocket afterwards. I have double insurance coverage but both exclude bariatric surgery so nothing will be covered for me. Anything that is related to the band would not be covered. I also emailed Northwest weightloss center and it was $17,000 through them and that included all your appointments for the year after surgery. I'm currently looking at financing. I looked into Mexico too but I'm not sure how I would feel flying home after having surgery. I had my gallbladder removed about 2 years ago and thought my recovery would be about the same but after reading these boards I'm not sure how I will do, everyone is so different. Although you could have a vacation and the band at the same time. I've only told a few people at work who I think understand and I'm not telling anyone else so I'm going to have find a reason to take a week off. Good luck!

I had my band done at Northwest weight loss surgery in Seattle, It is a wonderful place and their aftercare is the best in the US. They have several satellite offices throughout WA and other states. Call them 425-385-2263

Oh, I forgot to add that Dr Ortiz was $8500, that was $1000 off for a promotion and that was in the TJ center and I think that is a new center/remodeled or something. That didn't include airfare, but from here I can't imagine it would be too much if you have enough time to search for a good price.

I am in the Tri-Cities. Dr. Fox operates here. I am scared though. He does it at a "surgery center" I would feel better if it were a hospital. What do you all think? I know I wont leave the US though. I am just too scared.

Dreamer

I got mine done at a surgery center, and was comfortable with it. They had all the equipment, and my surgeon has enough experience that I felt confident.

I am going thru the Franciscan Weight Loss Center in Federal Way. I have Dr. Oh as my surgeon and I feel very comfortable with him!

If I choose Dr Fox then the surgery will be done at Auburn Regional Medical center, I'm sure it's pretty comparable to a surgery center, it's a small hospital. I had my gallbaldder out via lap and it was pretty simple and my recovery was quick. I'm hoping this surgery will be about the same recovery.

I went to Northwest Weightloss Surgery and they are fabulous. My aunt had hers done with them too. They are among the bery best in the country and almost everyone that works for them is banded! So they all understand exactly what you are going through. One of the fill nurses there is an NP and she wrote one of the most respected books on gastric banding and is banded herself and at goal, I always go to her for my fills. I recommend checking them out :)

I went there, too. :mad: They have a very nice facility, they are organized and really top knotch. The staff is awesome and my surgeon, Dr. Montgomery, is really terrific. www.thelapband.com is their website. The book they have there is *awesome* as well. They are quite a ways from me but I chose them over any other place because I knew someone else who went there and loved them. Now one of my best pals is going there tomorrow for the seminar. Good luck!

I went to a orientation seminar last thursday with Dr. Oh and Dr. Hurai at the Franciscan Weight Loss Center and he spoke with all of us for two hours and briefly went through all of the surgeries that he performs.He explained it very well and that helped me to make a decision that I would not thought I would have made. There was a lot of information that you would not think to ask. I would absolutely go with him if I had insurance coverage for the procedure. He has a self pay price of $12,800. But his fills are $120 plus the office visit. He seemed very smart, but who knows?

I myself and leaning heavily towards Joya or Ortiz in Mexico.

I went to Puget Sound Surgical Center- Dr. Robert Landerholm and Dr. Peter Billing. They are based in Edmonds, but also work in Bellingham a couple of days a week which is where I am. They are wonderful docs, and I have been very pleased with the whole process. I also have GH, and was self-pay (they have a lot of helpful info. about this). Their cost is 17,000 which includes a year of follow-up with nutritionist, doctors, and fills. Good luck on your search.