Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking a lot this weekend about why I want to have WLS and what I'd like to do when I've lost my excess weight. Here's my top 5 as of today. What's your top 5?

1. I would like live for as long as I can and not have my weight up my risk of dying too young.

2. I would like to shop for regularly sized clothes and not pay the "fat tax" for plus sizes.

3. I would like to have a better recovery and outcome from my second ankle surgery.

4. I can't wait to comfortably fit into an airline seat, diner booth and my DH's Mini Convertible.

5. I would like to become SCUBA certified before a planned trip to Hawaii in 2014 and perhaps try zip lining on that trip, too.

-Molly

My only hope and dream is to set a healthy example for my child/ren. They didn't need to grow up with a food addict and think it's normal to live for food only. Hell no!

This post made me think..my hopes..to get back where I'm comfortable in my skin again. To not follow the path that was looking inevitable with diabetes and heart disease and just so much more like the rest of my family. To kick to the curb my sleep apnea and never have to use that unsexy cpap machine again!! To make my son proud of me as his mom and also show him how to take better control of his life when there are chances to improve upon something. I want this to work with all my heart! I'm stalled right now but don't think I can just throw in the towel. Good luck! Hope all your hopes and dreams do come true.

To get comfortable enough with myself that I stop hiding from men. I've been single over 9 years....

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

To not feel self conscious when I go anywhere. To be proud of myself and my accomplishments. To be an example for others! To have the outside match the inside!!

I only have two real goals:

1. Be healthy and feel good

2. Start living instead of 'existing'

Anything else is gravy...

Since I reach goal this is what I do need in the future & not everything is about WLS.

1. Plastic surgery

2. Be approve for SSD

3. Renew green card

4. Work on becoming a citizen

5. Live past 100 years of age

1. To have energy to be part if my kids activities

2. To relieve my knees and back pain

3 to look MORE beautiful than I already are

To be able to shop for regular clothes and be able to said I got this for $3 on clereance at Charlotte Russ lol

1) to not hurt when i wake up or walk or stand for too long

2) be able to be more active

3) have my outer bad-a$$ match my inner bad-a$$

4) be able to buy cute clothes for once.

Be Healthier,hav a child.&go to nursing school

Mzshay35 RNYTalk

I want to feel attractive around my husband. He is a great man and gives me compliments often. I want to improve my self esteem enough so I can truely learn how to accept those compliments! It really is a long journey...but getting better every day!

To become healthy so that I'm alive to see my daughter get married and have children.

To be able to buy clothes anywhere!

To be able to sit comfortably in a booth, in a theater, on an airplane or on an amusement ride.

To finally feel good about my self!!!

1- to be comfortable in my own skin

2- to not have those quick automatic thoughts of will I fit in that booth, seat, space, etc

3- to get licensed in my career field

4- to be a happy person who is active with my family and not limited by anything

5- to be healthy and show my daughter how important being active and eating healthy are to her everyday life... Breaking this chain of obesity before it gets her.

I hope for myself to have my selfsteem back be comfortable around my boyfriend keep up with 3 boys! Gain a healthy lifestyle for good getting rid of being tired all the time get rid of bad habits ohh!! And my plus size clothes!and finally marry the father of my kids in the wedding dress of my dreams be beautiful on my wedding day and be smaller than him for sure!!