Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh sweetie that sounds horrible. I wonder if you have a stricture? Have they checked?

No they haven't. I'm only 13 days out. The explanation from the PA and NUT was I just may not tolerate some things right now.

No they haven't. I'm only 13 days out. The explanation from the PA and NUT was I just may not tolerate some things right now.

I can only imagine. Try and hang in there. Im here if you want to talk. I am only 7 days out but anyone who says this is easy should be punched in the face. Lol

Hi Kristy, Your body is still in shock I had a Gastric sleeve two years ago and it was a bit shocked to the body but after awhile everything settled down. On 28 May this year I had a full bypass as I have not lost weight on the sleeve, And I'm having a much better time because I think my body has had the shop before and is finding it easy this time. Hang in there it what you feel comfortable to eat don't force anything else as your body adjusts and the swelling inside goes down things will get better. Your body just simply does not know what to do with itself at the moment because everything is not natural. Once it gets used to the new normal you will feel good I promise you its not long. Again just eat what you can keep down scrambled eggs have Proteins so you're fine there anything wanted vary your scrambled eggs with a few spices and just to make a little bit different so it doesn't get boring. Eg I add some cracked pepper All mixing some grated cheese into the scrambled eggs while it's cooking . I had the opposite problem after my Bypass as I didn't feel any different and didn't have restriction like the sleeve operation but I'm putting that down to this being the second major operation and my body is used to the shock. All the best James if you want to email me directly my email is. Forexoz@iinet.net.au

In my last post I see that the voice dictation didn't work that well is it said I did not lose any weight honestly that is not true, I lost 30 kg that could not lose any more and I needed to lose another 20, Hence why I went to a revision with bypass.

I'm 13 days out and wondering what on earth I did to myself.

In the beginning' date=' I couldn't hold down liquid. Then it was just cold liquid. Then it was just milk. Then it was just if I drank too fast. Getting my Protein was a chore. I despise Protein drinks. I have to gag them down. If I'm lucky, they stay down.

Now I'm thinking OMG yay soft foods!!! Maybe I can get protein without the nasty protein powder!!!

Scrambled eggs stay down. Yogurt does half the time. Deli meat and cheese, string cheese, egg salad, refried Beans - all the other things I've tried - have come back up.

At this point I'm struggling to get much protein at all. My NUT says its hard in the beginning but they've never seen someone with a protein deficiency so just to do the best I can. At this point, I'm wondering if anything will ever stay down. I want to start exercising but have no energy because I can't keep any food in. I'm tired of throwing up. I keep having to run to the bathroom at work within twenty minutes of eating anything. I'm feeling really defeated. I want to cry. Everyone says this will be worth it, but it seems like nobody else is goin thru or has gone thru what I am.[/quote']

I know how you feel, I'm one month post-op tomorrow and everything keeps making me sick. I keep getting things stuck and I am afraid to eat anything now because it hurts so bad. I lose sleep because I'm up all night. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel right?? We will get through this

Called my surgeons office. They said this isn't normal or abnormal - but they want to try to get me scheduled for a scope just to check for a stricture.

You sound just like me when I go back to the beginning of my journey, I said why the hell did I do this to myself...

but a lot of people here said it would get better. I was not able to keep anything down, not even Water not only that every week after surgery they kept me in the hospital because of complications...I had to have about 3-4 endoscopy's and now I have no issues...(sometimes I do dump/throw up) but life has been easier since the procedure.

Like everyone said, it will get better...:)

I'm glad they're doing a scope yo be sure!

Well I called to make the appointment for the scope - they won't do it as long as I'm on blood thinners and don't have an open appointment until July.

I told them I'd call my surgeon and call then back. I feel so defeated right now. I just want to cry.

Well I called to make the appointment for the scope - they won't do it as long as I'm on blood thinners and don't have an open appointment until July.

I told them I'd call my surgeon and call then back. I feel so defeated right now. I just want to cry.

I know the feeling! So sorry! We're all here for you!!!!

I'm supposed to take small bites setting the fork down in between and stop either when I'm full or at 20 minutes. 65g Protein and minimum of 64oz of liquid. It just all seems so so so impossible.

Those are things to work towards. But they won't happen right away. Aim for 30 and 30. That's what my doctor told me. After you stay at that for a day or to go up to 40/40. Keep adding each day. If going up by 10 is too daunting, then go up in 5 increments.

You can do this. Try not to get too overwhelmed.

Well since they can't promptly get me in for an endoscopy, they're going to try to get me in for an Upper GI on Monday. Gag. At least it'll let me know if there's something wrong.

I went through the same thing and still going through it im a month out and nothing stays down

Seems like an awful lot of food right after surgery. My surgeon says 2oz "full liquid meals" three times a day. Then gave me a list of about 18 different foods to choose from. This is the diet for the first 4 weeks post op. I hope you find a happy place soon. Xx

It does get better... I mainly focused in Water so I wouldn't get dehydrated. I could only drink ice cold water. Then ice cold water with flavoring in it. I couldn't eat a lot of foods for about 2 or 3 months. eggs still are iffy for me. I'm over a year out and I can pretty much eat every thing in moderation.