Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smoking Questions

My favorite were the blu ecigs classic flavor....I've been quit for only a couple months now...hoping I can stay that way. Mami don't feel bad!

I'm trying to get my husband to do the ecig with me. I was always a social smoker and quit smoking a few weeks before surgery and started again a few weeks after. I usually have like three cigarettes every Friday night, but that's about it. I have been doing this for five years. I crave them sometimes during the week, but I don't buy them so I never have any. My husband smokes about a pack a day. He has tried chantix and the Patches in the last year and has not quit, which makes me not want to quit when I go out. I wanted to do the ecig so when I'm out and everyone is smoking, I can puff on that and same for my husband. He thinks it's stupid though. Everyone else I have talked to thought the same till they tried it. I don't know how to convince him...

Oh my Gosh I am do glad you guys are talking about this I have wanted to post something but have been to chicken. I have been around smokers at a few gatherings lately I have always been a social smoker and then became a 1/2 a pack a day person and quit to have rny it is so hard to be around everyone smoking I have been craving really bad. It does not help that it is summer and relaxing outside with a smoke is my fave. so i Gave in and have been having a few puffs. I think I may get an e cig to have in those social situations. I don't want to get cought off gard I need something :)

Buy it. I feel little by little it's helping me out

Who cares how it looks? If it keeps you from smoking' date=' it's worth it![/quote']

True

My favorite were the blu ecigs classic flavor....I've been quit for only a couple months now...hoping I can stay that way. Mami don't feel bad!

Thanks I don't anymore :)

I'm trying to get my husband to do the ecig with me. I was always a social smoker and quit smoking a few weeks before surgery and started again a few weeks after. I usually have like three cigarettes every Friday night' date=' but that's about it. I have been doing this for five years. I crave them sometimes during the week, but I don't buy them so I never have any. My husband smokes about a pack a day. He has tried chantix and the Patches in the last year and has not quit, which makes me not want to quit when I go out. I wanted to do the ecig so when I'm out and everyone is smoking, I can puff on that and same for my husband. He thinks it's stupid though. Everyone else I have talked to thought the same till they tried it. I don't know how to convince him...[/quote']

If he isn't planning on quitting it won't work out. I'm alone in this battle.

Just wanted to say I smoked for thirty years... Oh god 30 is so long... Well I quit to have the surgery and I really didn't think it was going to work . I had quit several time and nothing stuck. This time I had acupuncture. It was amazing. I quit after the first treatment and had three total. It was like magic!!! Anyway I just wanted to comment that I miss them too but I'm so happy not smoking now. With the money I'm saving my husband and I will be going to Ireland and Scotland for the honeymoon we never had!!

Hi babs

I was thinking about hypnosis? I hate wanting something I can't have :(

Its been over a week now everyone is staying out my way lol. My surgery is not till Aug but I didn't want to deal with quitting and having just had an op. I do like that I don't stink and I'm not outta breath... so that gives me strength to keep going although having said that my friends uses e-cigs. Got a few get together's coming up so I'll see how I cope .

Wen did u have ur surgery?

Hi babs

I was thinking about hypnosis? I hate wanting something I can't have :(

Its been over a week now everyone is staying out my way lol. My surgery is not till Aug but I didn't want to deal with quitting and having just had an op. I do like that I don't stink and I'm not outta breath... so that gives me strength to keep going although having said that my friends uses e-cigs. Got a few get together's coming up so I'll see how I cope .

Wen did u have ur surgery?

I puff & puff away at the e-cig that I haven't had the urge for more since this morning. Mind you I was only a 1-3 cigs per day. I'm more into these e-cig then regular one but I'm waiting for my zero nicotine by mail. I honestly don't want cancer & god forbid I already cost harm. Who knows only time will tell. I'm trying to hold on there for I know it's just air I'm not gonna die with no nicotine & other added crap.

I'm enjoying my e-cig

I just bought the e cigs for my husband and I. I'm waiting for them to be delivered. My only concern is the availability of refill cartridges. If I have to order them each time and if they will get here quick enough to keep my husband from going back to regular cigarettes. ..

Do your convenience stores carry ecigs?

Do your convenience stores carry ecigs?

Not all I order it on line

I don't know if they will have the brand I bought...

After 37 years of smoking a pack a day, I quit September 7, 2011. Its getting close to 2 years now and I don't miss it and my husband quit in February 2012 to help me out now he's glad he did it. When I went to my first introductory meeting for the WLS, they said if any of us are smokers and still at it before surgery, the surgery will be cancelled. It was all in the plan for me to quit when I did!!!!!