Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starving and wondering how im gonna do this

You can do this. Think soon you will be skinny.

I had an ultra sound with blood work' date=' X-rays, and arterial blood gas. The ultrasound showed a fatty liver. The surgeon then told me at my first apt with her.[/quote']

Thanks! I didn't have an ultrasound. Maybe mine just assumes everyone has a fatty liver? lol

He has a very strict preop diet - 800 calories from liquid Optifast per day. 64+ ounces of Water. Nothing else.. I am on day 6 now and it is brutal.

Thanks! I didn't have an ultrasound. Maybe mine just assumes everyone has a fatty liver? lol

He has a very strict preop diet - 800 calories from liquid Optifast per day. 64+ ounces of Water. Nothing else.. I am on day 6 now and it is brutal.

Mine says EVERY overweight person has a fatty liver. During surgery they use a paddle-type tool to lift your liver out of the way to get at your stomach. If you liver is too fatty it can get nicked during the surgery. A lot of programs require a liquid diet 1-4 weeks before surgery to reduce the fatty liver size. Some don't require it at all (like mine - surprise!) but I never asked why they wouldn't. Is it because maybe my liver isn't too fatty? I don't really know. I'm still doing it for ten days - it can't hurt!

I got my coffee Protein at Vitamin world. But u can order click at GNC.com. Not sure about anyone else but my liver is enlarged and my liquid diet is to hopefully shrink down the size of my liver before surgery. My instructions after surgery are the same 7 days liquid post op! It's becoming increasingly hard to stay focused. I'm get the shakes and a massive headache and I'm only two days in. My stomach isn't growling today which is good but now it's the mental need for food I think I'm fighting! And that has made me irritated and emotional. I was just told I can do Greek yogurt and Jello so that may help my need to eat!!!

Did you drink a lot of caffeine? I know when I quit caffeine before I had massive headaches and felt terrible but it does get better.

Did you drink a lot of caffeine? I know when I quit caffeine before I had massive headaches and felt terrible but it does get better.

I never use to but before this liquid diet I was drinking maybe one or two sodas a day! Today is day three and I'm not shaking any more and the stomach growling has really stopped for the most part. I think as far as the dizziness I think maybe I wasn't drinking enough Water so I have been really pushing that as much as possible. I also got some crystal light to change it up as well as some Jello so u can feel like I'm eating something

I'm really glad I found this thread. I'm on day two of the preop diet and I feel horrible almost like I have a hangover. I haven't been really hungry or anything so that's not an issue. Last night I couldn't remember if I had all 5 of my Protein Shakes so I just refrained from having anymore. Then I had some sf Jello and took my Vitamins and an Omega 3 chew. Maybe 10 minutes later I seriously felt like I was going to throw up. I managed to get to bed but I woke up this morning and my stomach was burning and I have a headache and no energy. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't get in enough liquids yesterday either but this sucks a bit. I think I will up my jello intake also to make me feel more like I'm eating.

Is it strange that the practice doing my RNY surgery does not require a liquid diet for the 2 weeks prior to surgery?

My surgeon only requires a 2-week Atkins diet pre-op. I'm sending my prayers to those going through the withdrawals of a liquid diet.< /p>

I'm a coffee lover' date=' so would you mind sharing where you get the coffee flavored Protein?[/quote']

You can also order from www.click.com. Another site is www.chike.com. They both have coffee flavored Protein and they are so good! They do have samples you can order as well.

You can also order from www.click.com. Another site is www.chike.com. They both have coffee flavored Protein and they are so good! They do have samples you can order as well.

I just ordered this but haven't tried it yet. Glad to hear it is good!

Click has a good coffee Protein Shake and I know chike makes one to now. But I loooove Atkins cafe caramel. I get them at wal Mart.

Be careful because Chike! has caffeine in it. So does the regular Click, but they do have a Click Decaf that I bought and it is pretty good.

I start my pre op liver shrinking diet tomorrow. For mine I have two Protein Shakes, a yogurt for am snack, fruit for pm snack and 3oz of lean meat with 1 cup veggies. I'm scared I'll still be hungry but compared to some of y'all's diets I feel like I'll actually be eating enough. I have to be on the liver shrink from tomorrow until my anticipated surgery date of June 12. I'm just waiting on approval from my insurance company.!!! I hope it doesn't take the full 7-10 days.

So day three of this and my stomach is killing me!!!!!! I'm guessing my body is cleaning out the bad stuff!!!! Ugh it's not good!!! On the flip side I got more sf Jello in more flavors so I can feel like I'm eating!!! Good news the hunger pains have passed and my stomach is no longer growling!!! Now five days to go before surgery!

So day three of this and my stomach is killing me!!!!!! I'm guessing my body is cleaning out the bad stuff!!!! Ugh it's not good!!! On the flip side I got more sf Jello in more flavors so I can feel like I'm eating!!! Good news the hunger pains have passed and my stomach is no longer growling!!! Now five days to go before surgery!

What date are you? I'm Thursday May 30. I don't feel the least bit nervous, just anxious to get it done so I can start losing!

You can do this. Just hang in there, keep counting down the days til surgery and remember this is just like childbirth. There is an endpoint and what you get when you are done will be totally worth it. You can endure the suffering for a short period of time when the reward is a whole new life.

Please somebody remind me of this when I get to the all liquid diet pre-op phase. :wub:

Also keep in mind, research shows that people who lose weight before the surgery, recover faster with fewer complications and have better overall weight loss results.