Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revised from VGB (1997) to RNY (2013)

I'm still pre-op' date=' but like you I have bone spurs ripping apart my Achilles' tendon. I had the ankle surgery on my left ankle last year. For me, it was a long recovery because of complications from pulmonary embolisms. One reason I'm getting WLS is to make the recovery from the right ankle surgery easier (hopefully). I started rehabbing at 6 weeks post ankle surgery with a physical therapist. Then with his ok, I hit the pool - first doing the recommended therapy movements. Then once I felt better doing those, I discovered deep Water running. Your wear a belt that keeps you from sinking. Absolutely no impact and quite a workout. My gym has a class 2x per week set to music.[/quote']

I think I'm close to getting the ankle surgery!! I would love to do the Water exercises! Thanks for the info!

Hi I have a revision from sleeve to yay last may 28th. Lost from 287 lbs to. 221. Slow but I'm happy. Also recovery has been with no events eating all foods now. Don't regret anything. Started walking this week every second day for an hour which has started me out of the stall.

Keep in the it's worth it. I feel soooo good.

You must be my guardian angel. I had the same operation, a VBG, in 1982. I did manage to keep off 100 pounds but in October of 2010, I tried to have it reversed and got complications. The surgeon is telling me that my only option is to get gastric bypass and that scares me to death.

I have terrible anxiety over my whole situation and find it hard to function day by day. If I may ask, when you had your gastric bypass, was it hard for you to adjust. For me, it was nearly 30 years of eating and drinking and things getting stuck in the pouch and then eventually passing through.

I just think that getting gastric bypass would make it worse. I thank you for your time.

Stephen

You must be my guardian angel. I had the same operation' date=' a VBG, in 1982. I did manage to keep off 100 pounds but in October of 2010, I tried to have it reversed and got complications. The surgeon is telling me that my only option is to get gastric bypass and that scares me to death.

I have terrible anxiety over my whole situation and find it hard to function day by day. If I may ask, when you had your gastric bypass, was it hard for you to adjust. For me, it was nearly 30 years of eating and drinking and things getting stuck in the pouch and then eventually passing through.

I just think that getting gastric bypass would make it worse. I thank you for your time.

Stephen[/quote']

Stephen, I can eat better know that food doesn't get stuck! It's all about healthy choices and eating slow or else you will have dumping which turns (for me) into terrible gas pains! That smell awful or I have loose stools. Truthfully I'm better off than I was before! Because the food wasn't going down! I went from moving my bowels once a week to everyday sometimes twice a day!

Weight loss is slow but study! I'm down 45 lbs from my highest weight of 371! I loss 5 lbs prior to surgery. Today I weigh 326. My goal is 250 or MAYBE 200. Hanging in there and not bad 45 lbs in 2 months. I was hoping for 60 "a pound a day"!

You must be my guardian angel. I had the same operation' date=' a VBG, in 1982. I did manage to keep off 100 pounds but in October of 2010, I tried to have it reversed and got complications. The surgeon is telling me that my only option is to get gastric bypass and that scares me to death.

Stephen[/quote']

Hi Stephen, I'm James, I recently had a revision from the sleeve to the full gastric bypass, As I didn't lose enough on the sleeve. I had my operation on 28 May, And even though the weight loss is a little slower I've lost around 11 kg I definitely have not found any problems that I can think of, And it's been a smooth ride just make sure that your surgeon is very experienced in revisions mine has been fantastic.. I would not hesitate to have it again if needed in the future as it's been a pretty smooth run. (Of course that is only if I didn't have a read tighten in the future but very happy at the moment loss is a loss). If you wish to email me to talk more about it this is my email address. Forexoz@iinet.net.au

Thank you for your thoughts. Things are not going down for me as well and I have to drink to push them down and sometimes they will not even go down. The big apprehension I have about this surgery is not being able to eat and drink at the same time because that is how I have been accustomed to doing for 30 + years. The next big problem is sugar, I am allergic to the artificial sweetners and would love to have just a little sugar and of course I fear dumping as well.

I have terrible acid and indigestion and of course my anxiety is making everything worse. Everyday is a total struggle. I am so used to having everything get stuck and having to pass through eventually. I wouldn't even know the first thing about having it pass through completely. I haven't felt that sensation since I was 16 years old before my VBG.

I am truly grateful to you for all of your support.

Stephen

My surgeon is Chief at Weil Cornell in NYC and he says that he does these revisions all the time. After have my first revision which turned out to be worse than my initial VBG, I have lost quite a bit of trust for these doctors who say that I have going to have such a normal life.

I first saw him in April and when he told me that gastric bypass was my only option, I told him absolutely not! Then I saw him in May and said the same exact thing. I am going the 3rd time on July 17th and let's see what happens.

I just do not want to be restricted anymore and I feel that gastric bypass would make my eating worse rather than better because I was always able to eat most things, I just had to wait for them to be unstuck.

Thank you again for your time and your help.

Stephen

My surgeon is Chief at Weil Cornell in NYC and he says that he does these revisions all the time. After have my first revision which turned out to be worse than my initial VBG' date=' I have lost quite a bit of trust for these doctors who say that I have going to have such a normal life.

I first saw him in April and when he told me that gastric bypass was my only option, I told him absolutely not! Then I saw him in May and said the same exact thing. I am going the 3rd time on July 17th and let's see what happens.

I just do not want to be restricted anymore and I feel that gastric bypass would make my eating worse rather than better because I was always able to eat most things, I just had to wait for them to be unstuck.

Thank you again for your time and your help.

Stephen[/quote']

Stephen like you I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners!!! I also drank with all my meals! Since my surgery the drinking issue is semi under control! I try to drink before meal time and I wait about a half hour after before drinking anything. I also take sips if I feel like I can't wait.

You will adjust fine!

I'm still pre-op' date=' but like you I have bone spurs ripping apart my Achilles' tendon. I had the ankle surgery on my left ankle last year. For me, it was a long recovery because of complications from pulmonary embolisms. One reason I'm getting WLS is to make the recovery from the right ankle surgery easier (hopefully). I started rehabbing at 6 weeks post ankle surgery with a physical therapist. Then with his ok, I hit the pool - first doing the recommended therapy movements. Then once I felt better doing those, I discovered deep Water running. Your wear a belt that keeps you from sinking. Absolutely no impact and quite a workout. My gym has a class 2x per week set to music.[/quote']

I use to love the Water aerobics. I'm going to see if u can find a class! Great idea thanks!

Stephen like you I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners!!! I also drank with all my meals! Since my surgery the drinking issue is semi under control! I try to drink before meal time and I wait about a half hour after before drinking anything. I also take sips if I feel like I can't wait.

You will adjust fine!

Thank you. Can you tolerate sugar yet? My operation was the Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (stomach stapling) which is not performed anymore, the Band and the Gastric Bypass weren't available at that time.

Thank you. Can you tolerate sugar yet? My operation was the Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (stomach stapling) which is not performed anymore' date=' the Band and the Gastric Bypass weren't available at that time.[/quote']

I try to stay away from sugar and I limit foods that turn to sugar.