Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi again girls! I'm so glad the 3 of us are starting together <3 I'm about the same height and weight as ya'll. I'm 5'7 and 344. I'm in around a 26 right now (at least for jeans anyway) A few years ago (before I got married and had a baby!) I got down to about 240 or so. That's the smallest I've been as an adult. I was comfortably wearing a size 18. I felt wonderful but my regimen was so strict I could barely keep up. I'm surprised I made it as long as I did. I was a workout Nazi. I thought it was hysterical that I had to end up getting a cortisone shot in my foot because I was working out so much I was putting crazy pressure on my toes. KD - I know what you mean about looking at clothes and thinking "Oh my god! I can't wait to wear that!" I'm ready to get the surgery tomorrow but I know everything takes time. Like you, the thought of losing 200 pounds (209 would make me 135 pounds) is just really surreal to think about. Where are you girls from? I live in Connecticut, about 10 minutes south of Hartford.

Oh and I meant to ask - HOW DID BOTH OF YOUR SEMINARS GO???

I'm 5'8" in a 22/24 I'm currently about 345lbs blah!!!! When I was 17 I put myself on a strict diet and exercise program and got to about 175 in a size 10. But soon after got pregnant and only went up from there. My PCOS plays a big part in it too though! I hope you and your boyfriend beat the odds too!! And I love the idea of buying an outfit in the size you want to be at. Awesome motivation!!!

I too have PCOS that caused me to gain all of my weight. I was 28 5'10" and 364lbs when I had RNY. I now 29 an 7 months post op and have lost 117.8lbs bringing my weight to 246.2 lbs. I would have lost more but I had an accident in February and suffered severe knee trauma, I had surgery last week to repair my knee and hope to continue my journey. I will tell you with my PCOS I never had a normal period. Since surgery I have had a normal period every month and now it starts the exact day it is supposed too!!! This surgery changed my life! You won't be sorry.

My seminar was awesome! The surgeon that did the presentation was amazing at answering questions fully and I found out because my BMI is higher then a 50 I shouldn't have to do the 6month weighins and should be able to start my journey to the new me soon!! But have to wait for full confirmation from insurance!

Yay I'm glad your consultation went great! Mine did as well I found out my BMI is 55 and I should be able to have a surgery date as soon as a month!!! I just have to get ALL my paperwork completed and labs done. I'm from North Carolina!! The hardest part for me is finding the money to cover my part as of now my part is $1500.

Also thank to Nurse Jenn. I'm so excited I can't stand it but today I found out that someone with a BMI If 40 or greater has the same health risk as someone with stage three breast cancer... This has scared me to death and now I'm more motivated then ever.

THAT IS AMAZING YOU GUYS! I'm so happy for you both ; ) I wonder if it is like that everywhere - my BMI is over 50. I'm around a 55 like you KD. That breast cancer statistic is scary. Holy crap! Are you private pay KD or do you have insurance?? I know after losing surgery I will definitely have copays but one step at a time I guess! We have to get healthy first. Is the $1500 something you have to pay before you have your surgery??

Yes Linds they told me my insurance covers 90% so that would leave me with 1500 .00 but the clinic is callin to double check everything she told me.

Oh, I see what you are saying! That makes sense...Do you have to have an endoscopy done as well? I'm not nervous about the surgery but I am if I have to have an endoscopy. Haha. Go figure!!!!

I'm not quite clear if everybody has to have it (that'd be a good question for the masses who have already had the surgery) but I know that some people have had it done. I suppose it is up to your insurance. I know for mine it is 2 visits to the RD (registered dietitian) that is NOT covered and a psych eval. But, I imagine pre-op testing also consists of things like a stress test, blood tests, cardiologist and gastro so the surgeon doesn't run into any surprises. This is what is driving me nuts! I'm a clear cut person and like straight to the point answers and unfortunately, everyone is different and so are the answers. GRRRR!!!!

Also thank to Nurse Jenn. I'm so excited I can't stand it but today I found out that someone with a BMI If 40 or greater has the same health risk as someone with stage three breast cancer... This has scared me to death and now I'm more motivated then ever.

Yes it's true....not to mention being that overweight takes its toll on your liver. I has stage 2 scarring on my liver, one more stage and it could have been permanent. It's amazing what weight can do to a body.