Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! I'm 25 and I just started my journey. I go for my first seminar tomorrow. This is my second time trying this out I began the process last time but with school I decided to wait. Now I'm finished with school and I couldn't be more excited to get this started! I'm hoping to have surgery this summer and could use all the support available.

Welcome to the boards. You will find a ton of support here. Good luck on your journey

Hi KD ;) I'm just starting out too! We can be WLS buddies together. I have my meeting in approx. one month! But I've been so anxious to get the ball rolling that I already have my health forms for the dr filled out!

Yay Linds I would like that! I just have a seminar tomorrow. I've actually been to this same one two years ago but decided to wait in surgery but I had the realization last week that I'm 25, out of school, and not going to start my job until later this summer so why not start now and try my best to have it done this summer!! Do you have a lot of paper work? My surgeon requires two 10 page papers and tons of other paper work.

Hey! I'm 25 and I just started my journey. I go for my first seminar tomorrow. This is my second time trying this out I began the process last time but with school I decided to wait. Now I'm finished with school and I couldn't be more excited to get this started! I'm hoping to have surgery this summer and could use all the support available.

I'm 25 and just starting out as well! I also have a seminar tomorrow. Want to be buddies?? Haha

I would love to!!

Yay!! It's such a long process. But I too am hoping that I can find a way to my new life a little sooner

Yay!! It's such a long process. But I too am hoping that I can find a way to my new life a little sooner

It would be great if I could just do the liver shrinking diet and have surgery in two weeks instead of the long process. I'm trying to be patient but the thought of loosing 200 or so pounds makes me so excited I can't stand it. I've seen so many people do the color me rad races or being able to walk into any store to buy clothes and I'm ready for that to be me!!

Welcome & we are here for you

It would be great if I could just do the liver shrinking diet and have surgery in two weeks instead of the long process. I'm trying to be patient but the thought of loosing 200 or so pounds makes me so excited I can't stand it. I've seen so many people do the color me rad races or being able to walk into any store to buy clothes and I'm ready for that to be me!!

Amen to that! Lol my boyfriend is being very supportive. He obviously loves me no matter what shape or size but while going on our evening walks I've been window shopping at local hometown stores going... "Some day I could wear that dress... Or that shirt... Or those pants!!" Lol I keep telling myself "had I done all this research and paper work last year I'd be there already!" I'm ready to start my "new" life!!

Amen to that! Lol my boyfriend is being very supportive. He obviously loves me no matter what shape or size but while going on our evening walks I've been window shopping at local hometown stores going... "Some day I could wear that dress... Or that shirt... Or those pants!!" Lol I keep telling myself "had I done all this research and paper work last year I'd be there already!" I'm ready to start my "new" life!!

That's awesome he is supportive. My boyfriend is also supportive he told me he would do whatever he needs to. I've heard a lot of couples don't make it after one has the surgery but I'm hoping we beat those odds. If you don't mind me asking what size are you starting at? I'm 6ft an wear 24/26 and hoping to maybe be a 10-12 I'm not sure what a realistic goal would/should be. One of my friends recommended buying an outfit in your goal size and hanging it were you can see it everyday she said It really helped her stay on track!

That's awesome he is supportive. My boyfriend is also supportive he told me he would do whatever he needs to. I've heard a lot of couples don't make it after one has the surgery but I'm hoping we beat those odds. If you don't mind me asking what size are you starting at? I'm 6ft an wear 24/26 and hoping to maybe be a 10-12 I'm not sure what a realistic goal would/should be. One of my friends recommended buying an outfit in your goal size and hanging it were you can see it everyday she said It really helped her stay on track!

I'm 5'8" in a 22/24 I'm currently about 345lbs blah!!!! When I was 17 I put myself on a strict diet and exercise program and got to about 175 in a size 10. But soon after got pregnant and only went up from there. My PCOS plays a big part in it too though! I hope you and your boyfriend beat the odds too!! And I love the idea of buying an outfit in the size you want to be at. Awesome motivation!!!

I haven't weighed myself in awhile but I think the last doctors appointment I was around 375 also blah. I have always been large. I think the smallest I've been is a 22 so I'm really looking forward to feeling so much better.

Well I'm going to head to bed but keep in touch! And good luck at your seminar!!