Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Valentine's Day experience

Penni60

Well after working 10 hours that day I was exhausted and was ready for a nice glass of wine and to put my feet up and relax. The trip home took me an hour due to traffic on Wilshire Blvd so I was stressed over that and it was my FIRST day at work. But it was ok once on the freeway going home. I called John to let him know that I was on the way. He said OKAY any ideas on supper. I said No and told him I would see him when I got home.

As I got home I walked through the door and was pleasantly surprised. A bouquet of 6 red roses and some star lilies graced our table in a new vase I had just bought in Tucson. GORGEOUS!! The table was set for three with all the trimmings. He was fixing supper for us when I arrived. He had gone to Whole Foods Market and got some Salmon, Risotto cakes, rice, and some spinach. He was heating it all up when I walked through the door. He told me to go get changed out of my uniform and to put my feet up and relax he would let me know when supper was ready. OK Altogether now. AWWWWWW!!!!

The food was delightful and tasty. The wine was superb. The company was out of this world. Yes Bradley sat at the table with us and ate the food. And he even had a small glass of wine. SHOCK!!

Then dessert came out. It was a chocolate icing cheesecake with a strawberry on top. YUM YUM!!

He is such a sweetie. I love him even more.

OK That is my story what was yours?

I sure cant top that. I did get a really mushy card. Went to a doctor appointment, went to Carraba's to eat, got a carnation there. Got home and husband said he had ordered something online for me but we never got any delivery. Now he is having to find out what happened to it. He said it was flowers...its the thought that counts.

Nice, you guys.

I got a bouquet of roses and salal. Six red roses from my sweetheart and six white ones from my boy. I got home from work about 7:00 and put my feet up while he served me supper which was a small bowl of exotic delicious Soup with some very soft steamed broccoli floating in it. And wine.

They actually gave me the flowers the night before. I had a long full day of work and there was no way I was going to leave them home all day. So I took them to work.

I was doing dishes in the kitchen and when my DH walked in he handed me two dozen red long stem roses with 6 stems of alstromerias. I have never in my life ever had long stem roses much less two dozen so when I commented that I was stunned with two dozen roses he said What? I only ordered one dozen, but thats great!! I sure hope the florest didnt run short on someone elses boquet!!

We went to dinner at Cucina,Cucina and I had chicken parmesian and could only eat a little but the doggie bag was just a bonus!

The roses are stunning, opening so well and not one of them has a droopy neck, you know how they get sometimes. I was proud of him for not bringing any choclate home, thats my true vice!

Penny what a pleasant surprise!! and your DH gave you, he is a keeper for sure!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

ROFLOL! Well, we're in the gondola business so our Valentine's Day is taken up with making sure OTHER people have a good Valentine's Day! I oversaw the proposals, the flowers, the chocolate hearts, the bottle messages, and the specialty champagne and chocolates for over 50 couples. We start ramping up to Valentine's WEEK (it is a 7-9 day event for us including the weekends before and after) from the middle of January, and Valentine's DAY is the apex. I fell into bed at 4am, pooped out, but not as much as some of our gondoliers who drove 9 or 10 cruises that night.

Luckily, I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who is very romantic the REST of the year, when he's not recovering from Valentine's Week himself.

Duh, forgive me but is a gondola a boat or a hot air balloon?

LOL! In our case, a gondola is a boat, like the ones in Venice, Italy (our website is www.gondola.com if you want to see pix). But a gondola is also the thing below a hot air balloon and the thing that takes you up to the top of a mountain to ski (not a chair lift, but an enclosed car). They are pronounced differently, though. In our case, GON-doh-lah. For the ski-lift gondola, it's pronounced gon-DOH-lah. Furthermore, the housing under a blimp, a roofless railroad car, the rig that hangs from the side of a building for window-washing purposes, and a series of different types of retail shelving fixtures are all called gondolas. So I can see why you were confused.

Penni

I am sooo glad to see you post. I was "gone" for about 10 months so then when I got on last month no one from my beginning was around!

Happy to hear your life is soo good, your hubby is a sweetie and you deserve him! Your messages inspired me and kept me focused and smiling in my initial band journey, THANKS!

Valentine's day is also my birthday, so celebrations with DH tend to be a bit half and half, and back and forth between him trying to do my birthday and me trying to do his Valentine's day.

I was 31 this year so hubby sent me 31 roses to work (a tradition he has), then picked me up and took me out for lunch. We left work early, stopped by the store and I picked up stuff to make him dinner (fresh crab & lobster alfredo, porterhouse, asiago stuffed mushrooms, etc. - all of his favorites). While things were cooking/baking I made a trip to Priscilla's and got some...accessories. After an amorous night we headed to bed where he had put a little ribboned box on my pillow (which actually ended up being large solitaire earrings that went back b/c they were too big for my ears :girl_hug: -- so he turned around and bought me a new monitor instead :) men... :faint: )

My husband came with roses a few days before Valentine's Day. He said that he was afraid that he would forget. He is an absent-minded cat and I was amused.

Now, he works second shift and by the time he comes home I am usually in bed reading a book and being kept company by a cat or two. When he arrived home on Valentine's Day he announced that he brought me more flowers, some chocolate, and that a friend of his, a guy to whom he often gives a ride home, had bought me a tub of my favourite icecream. All of this was awful nice and entirely unexpected as we had long ago decided not to make a fuss over birthdays, Christmas, and the like. We tend to indulge each other frequently, you see.

smatyas: I am curious. How many bubbles did you pop?

gadget: your business sounds fascinating and most fun. It must be a tremendous rush for you and your husband to experience couples experiencing their Valentine's Day. I've got a hunch that many of us would love to hear some of your stories. If you can post a few without breaking confidence, how about it?

As for all the rest of us who posted on this thread, it seems like we got the right stuff: love, food and flowers.:)

God, I hate you people. I'm single, but one of my students got me some candy and some really awful perfume for Valentine's Day. That was really sweet of her. Last year a male student got me some Aveeno hand lotion. I'd give anything for roses and a nice dinner with a loved one, but I have to find that special man before that happens. Meanwhile, I'll be happy with students who love me.

Last year a male student got me some Aveeno hand lotion.
Ok, so was this a random gift, or had you commented to your students about the dryness of your hands?

BTW, romantic intentions or not, Aveeno is good stuff! :)

it seems like we got the right stuff: love, food and flowers.
...and a computer monitor. :)

(Which actually, I'm quite fond of. Had it not been a "Vlentine's Day" present, I'd be quite pleased, so perhaps I should turn that friwn upside down...)