Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tidewater Virginia (Hampton)

I live in Gloucester' date=' not that close... but nthing really is LOL !! I had my RNY done in Newport News by Dr. Salzberg( Riverside Weightloss and Surgical Center) My surgery was on 3/13/13[/quote']

How's it going LilBoo??? A month and a half out now. 21 lbs was ur last update. Hope all is well with u. I should have a surgery date for next month.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hey you guys I'm Que I'm in Newport News nice to see ppl from my area

Hi! Yes it's nice to see people that are nearby and share experiences. Have u already had surgery? If so, which doctor?

Hi! Yes it's nice to see people that are nearby and share experiences. Have u already had surgery? If so' date=' which doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Yes Im six months out my surgery date was 10/29/2012 and i went through Riverside medical and surgical weight loss center in Hampton Dr Arnold Salzberg. How about you?

I live in Gloucester' date=' not that close... but nthing really is LOL !! I had my RNY done in Newport News by Dr. Salzberg( Riverside Weightloss and Surgical Center) My surgery was on 3/13/13[/quote']

I had him too

Sounds like a good plan to wait till June!! Best of luck to you and hope everything is smooth sailing! Do you mind me asking your age?? Trying to meet someone to walk the journey with me.. A friend who knows the battles I'm going through.. Most of my close friends seem to be treating me a lil different since I told them I was getting gastric bypass!

Do you come to the support groups

Yes Im six months out my surgery date was 10/29/2012 and i went through Riverside medical and surgical weight loss center in Hampton Dr Arnold Salzberg. How about you?

Oh ok. So how's it going 6 months after surgery? I haven't had mine yet. Possibly next month. I started trying to go thru Dr. Salzberg and riverside as well but had horrible luck and interactions with his staff. They were giving me wrong information and basically got and attitude when I tried to correct them (concerning my insurance). So I'm going thru Chesapeake Regional and I'm soooooo much happier with them.

That's sad cause I had a great experience with the staff... But I hope all goes well with u at Chesapeake. Thanks for asking how I'm doing.. I have lost 31lbs. so far... Wed. will be 8 weeks post op and I keep feeling like I should have lost more by now but they keep telling me I'm doing great and everyone loosing differently, blah blah blah!!! I do go to the support groups, every 1st Tuesday of the month, so this Tuesday I will be there!

Hey two months out...how is it going? How much have u lost? Did the time fly by? :-)

Sorry haven't been on her much... Spent sometime dealing with some other medical issues... I'm doing great as far as weightloss... Lost 62 lbs so far.... Still have 48 to go.... Finally getting the whole eating thing down I think... Fingers crossed! How are you doing? I promise to try to be on hear more now! Lol

That's sad cause I had a great experience with the staff... But I hope all goes well with u at Chesapeake. Thanks for asking how I'm doing.. I have lost 31lbs. so far... Wed. will be 8 weeks post op and I keep feeling like I should have lost more by now but they keep telling me I'm doing great and everyone loosing differently' date=' blah blah blah!!! I do go to the support groups, every 1st Tuesday of the month, so this Tuesday I will be there![/quote']

Oh it's ok. It's working out so much better at Chesapeake Regional for me. God truly does know best and He sent me where I needed to be. Congratulations on ur success this far. I'd agree with ur doctor...don't worry about "should I have lost more" and enjoy the fact that u r LOSING!!! :-) I can't wait!!

Sorry haven't been on her much... Spent sometime dealing with some other medical issues... I'm doing great as far as weightloss... Lost 62 lbs so far.... Still have 48 to go.... Finally getting the whole eating thing down I think... Fingers crossed! How are you doing? I promise to try to be on hear more now! Lol

Sorry to heat about ur other medical issues. But the silver lining - Congratulations on the 62 pound loss. Ur over halfway there...HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!

Oh ok. So how's it going 6 months after surgery? I haven't had mine yet. Possibly next month. I started trying to go thru Dr. Salzberg and riverside as well but had horrible luck and interactions with his staff. They were giving me wrong information and basically got and attitude when I tried to correct them (concerning my insurance). So I'm going thru Chesapeake Regional and I'm soooooo much happier with them.

So far Im not very satisfied but nothing dealing with him just me and my body and how my weight is doing hopefully it gets better and I'm sorry about your experience with the staff they are really good ppl but everyone experiences are different I'm excited you getting the surgery how much are yu looking to lose?

So far Im not very satisfied but nothing dealing with him just me and my body and how my weight is doing hopefully it gets better and I'm sorry about your experience with the staff they are really good ppl but everyone experiences are different I'm excited you getting the surgery how much are yu looking to lose?

I personally feel they weren't willing to do the work necessary to handle my situation of having two insurances. My primary doesn't cover RNY but my second does and they just gave me this blanket, generic statement of "if ur primary ins doesn't cover it then ur second won't". And that's not true. The attitudes came after I got my secondary insurance person to call them and clarify but they stood firm on their statement which was INSANE to me when u have someone directly from the ins company telling u otherwise. But like I said God knows best and He directed me away from them and to the place He wanted me to be. I would like to lose anywhere from 110 to 130 pounds.

I personally feel they weren't willing to do the work necessary to handle my situation of having two insurances. My primary doesn't cover RNY but my second does and they just gave me this blanket' date=' generic statement of "if ur primary ins doesn't cover it then ur second won't". And that's not true. The attitudes came after I got my secondary insurance person to call them and clarify but they stood firm on their statement which was INSANE to me when u have someone directly from the ins company telling u otherwise. But like I said God knows best and He directed me away from them and to the place He wanted me to be. I would like to lose anywhere from 110 to 130 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Yep I agree! Well Im looking to lose about the same I got a little ways to go just hate doing it by myself