Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Live Alone - Surgey in 2 wks. No support

Well I am currently living alone because my husband is away for work. He cannot come home for 8 more months. I will be having my surgery basically alone (a friend will be helping as I need).

Since pursing my REY and going through all of the process, I have lost 30 lbs. Yes, I yo-yo.

So my family is NOT in support of my choice to get REY. It annoys the f*ck out of me because they don't see the diabetis, the sleep problems, the binging..... to them its about weight I suppose. I got the lecture about "Taking the short cut" blah blah blah. Honestly, I am rather offended at how they have acted..... do they think I am some idiot????

I am a higher risk patient due to severe allergies and complications in other surgeries, so my family is in terrible fear. I am NOT in fear though - well not out of the norm anyway. I have the typical fear of anesthesia etc etc. I trust my doctor and this was not an easy choice for me. I got very involved in this decision, even researching the biology of it all etc etc.... EVERY DETAIL!

I have lost weight before like this...my family seems to forget and is stil stuck in the mindset that being healthy and at a healthy weight is all about will power etc.....

I'm really tired of it.

My date is April 17. Being alone is complicating it a tad - I have to find someone to pet sit, and someone to take me to/from hosp, and then stick around as I need them afterwards. I dont know anyone where we live. *sigh*

Know how you feel. Alone not fun... My husband away as well, and no family even in this country. Have surgery the 2nd and friend there for surgery... That's it. All others have to work so alone for recoup. Need to vent ... I'm here.

wow - thank you for telling me I am not the only one!!

I am in Buffalo area.

I'm trying now to find a reliable trustworthy dog sitter and that's even stressful.

I'm very independent but I am all alone where I live. I'm not scared, I just can't drive myself to the hospital and home ya know?!

Whare are all of you located?

Well I am currently living alone because my husband is away for work. He cannot come home for 8 more months. I will be having my surgery basically alone (a friend will be helping as I need).

Since pursing my REY and going through all of the process' date=' I have lost 30 lbs. Yes, I yo-yo.

So my family is NOT in support of my choice to get REY. It annoys the f*ck out of me because they don't see the diabetis, the sleep problems, the binging..... to them its about weight I suppose. I got the lecture about "Taking the short cut" blah blah blah. Honestly, I am rather offended at how they have acted..... do they think I am some idiot????

I am a higher risk patient due to severe allergies and complications in other surgeries, so my family is in terrible fear. I am NOT in fear though - well not out of the norm anyway. I have the typical fear of anesthesia etc etc. I trust my doctor and this was not an easy choice for me. I got very involved in this decision, even researching the biology of it all etc etc.... EVERY DETAIL!

I have lost weight before like this...my family seems to forget and is stil stuck in the mindset that being healthy and at a healthy weight is all about will power etc.....

I'm really tired of it.

My date is April 17. Being alone is complicating it a tad - I have to find someone to pet sit, and someone to take me to/from hosp, and then stick around as I need them afterwards. I dont know anyone where we live. *sigh*[/quote']

Im in the same boat and the same date but my husband is just a unsupporting ass

Im in the same boat and the same date but my husband is just a unsupporting ass

I looked at your profile, your stats are similar. May I ask why he's being an ass?

I looked at your profile' date=' your stats are similar. May I ask why he's being an ass?[/quote']

He is so controlling he thanks if I get skinny I will leave him

He is so controlling he thanks if I get skinny I will leave him

I havent been able to leave him because I got 7 kids and need his money

oh boy - yeah different story for me. I am sorry to hear of your prediciment with him.

oh boy - yeah different story for me. I am sorry to hear of your prediciment with him.

Oh well thats life I do work alot and try to save money for the day when me and my kidos runaway

I am in the same boat as u are as far as being alone. I am a single mom of 2 my surgery was in July 2012. I am here to tell you it is hard, really hard bit you CAN do it !!!! I recovered in the hospital for 1 day and then came home had terrible pain due to a hernia repair also but I did it and you can too! Good luck on your surgery and recovery and previous poster is right this is a hard thing to do, not the easy way out like everyone thinks but it's the best secession I have made into life. My weight was 417 when I started and I am down to 289 now still have a long way to go but every day I work at it and you can too!!

I am in the same boat as u are as far as being alone. I am a single mom of 2 my surgery was in July 2012. I am here to tell you it is hard' date=' really hard bit you CAN do it !!!! I recovered in the hospital for 1 day and then came home had terrible pain due to a hernia repair also but I did it and you can too! Good luck on your surgery and recovery and previous poster is right this is a hard thing to do, not the easy way out like everyone thinks but it's the best secession I have made into life. My weight was 417 when I started and I am down to 289 now still have a long way to go but every day I work at it and you can too!![/quote']

Good job I thank everything will turn out ok fingers crossed

I am in the same boat as u are as far as being alone. I am a single mom of 2 my surgery was in July 2012. I am here to tell you it is hard, really hard bit you CAN do it !!!! I recovered in the hospital for 1 day and then came home had terrible pain due to a hernia repair also but I did it and you can too! Good luck on your surgery and recovery and previous poster is right this is a hard thing to do, not the easy way out like everyone thinks but it's the best secession I have made into life. My weight was 417 when I started and I am down to 289 now still have a long way to go but every day I work at it and you can too!!

Thank you for your comments! Why exactly was it hard the days after your recovery? Was it pain, lethargy, effects of medication, orrrrr possibly you want to do your routine (like clean the house etc etc) and you cannot? I'm just trying to prepare myself.

Sorry it took so long to respond I had a hernia repair also and the pain from that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!!! I couldn't get in my bed because it was to high I had to take over my sons bed! I prepared individual size Jello and broths had everything I needed that I could think of! My kids are pretty self sufficient so I am lucky on that. I hope u are doing ok and this goes smoothly for you just know that you can do this!!

wow - thank you for telling me I am not the only one!!

I am in Buffalo area.

I'm trying now to find a reliable trustworthy dog sitter and that's even stressful.

I'm very independent but I am all alone where I live. I'm not scared' date=' I just can't drive myself to the hospital and home ya know?!

Whare are all of you located?[/quote']

I am near Detroit MI how are u doing??