Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kinda wish I had a dumping issue, so I would not keep testing my sweet tooth so much!

i took a bite of my husbands cheesecake last night and had a lolly pop at my sons baseball game yesterday.... No problems with anything so far, wish I did so I would not eat the sugar on occasion....

I'm too scared to even try anything. We had my grandma's 80th birthday yesterday with yummy chocolate cake and cupcakes and ice cream and I stayed away- tooo afraid of getting sick. I guess I just am not tempted with the sugary food yet so I am not even gonna try it.. And hopefully when and if I do I hope I get madly sick and dump because that will solve that problem...

FYI you typically have to have a decent carb load to dump. I dumped on cream of wheat with no sugar. It wasn't a sweet...2 or 3 bites of cake or 1 normal sized lollipop probably don't have enough carbs to cause you an issue. I still don't recommend pushing it!!! IT REALLY SUCKS!!!! I can do cream of wheat, as long as I'm eating something with Protein with it, it's racy!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

It would be nice to have a deterrent from sugar....

I stay under 9g of sugar per serving of whatever it is I'm eating. I even get nervous eating fruit, but I haven't had any issues yet. There are sweet things out there that aren't high in carbs and sugar. Try to find those to satisfy your cravings so you don't sabotage yourself :)

Weight Watchers has some bakery items and ice cream products that aren't bad. They need to be an occasional item, but better to eat them than a piece of pie!

I seem not to have dumping. I ate one entire slice of cake at a Passover Seder. It went down just fine and there was no dumping later. And that scares me. I wanted to experience dumping. I wanted to be forced to vomit or to get dizzy, etched. It didn't happen. On the other hand, I did not gobble down the cake in seconds. I ate it slowly and enjoyed it. And I am not craving it. That lack of craving as well as eating it slowly are very different experiences for me compared to the pre-op world. But I realize that because of the lack of dumping, I will need to exercise free will very carefully.

O trust me you never want to go thru dumping... I was so sick off a bite of a German chocolate cake I was sick for 5 hours my boss call 911. I turn so pale, body so weak, my head was light headed, I thought I was going to die... The hospital call my doctor and when he got there he tells me I been doing great cause this was my first time dumping at 6 months out..... I thought throwing up the clear foam was dumping boy was I wrong.

I have had moments of wishing I didn't dump. I am so sensitive that I dump on two ounces of lactose free and safe-for-diabetics frozen yogurt that my nutritionist recommended. It is made with fructose (from fruit) so it is supposed to be okay for RNY as long as we don't have more than a couple of ounces. Dumping, for me, feels like waking up with the worst hangover imaginable. I get dizzy, nauseas, sweaty and cold at the same time, and incredibly weak. I ended up having to lay down at the yogurt shop to keep from passing out.

I do get what you are saying though. If I didn't have the reaction I did to the faux froyo, I imagine I would have tried the real thing by now (at least a couple spoonfuls). That fear has helped to keep me from making poor food choices and even though I hate it, I am equally grateful for it.

I wonder if, like the other person said, maybe you just didn't have enough sugar/carbs to trigger dumping. I promise it only has to happen to you once for you to go out of your way to avoid it happening again.

FYI you typically have to have a decent carb load to dump. I dumped on cream of wheat with no sugar. It wasn't a sweet...2 or 3 bites of cake or 1 normal sized lollipop probably don't have enough carbs to cause you an issue. I still don't recommend pushing it!!! IT REALLY SUCKS!!!! I can do cream of wheat' date=' as long as I'm eating something with Protein with it, it's racy!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8[/quote']

People need a dumping class?!

People need a dumping class?!

It's ironically amusing that I'm a dumper, I was the one prayin I wouldn't dump and so many here with they did but nope, it me. Dammit! I've had a few minor dumps but nothing even close to the day the cream of wheat kicked my butt.

I am nervous if I will know if I am dumping or not. I have bad reactive hypoglycemia and that and dumping have the same symptoms but different cures. I feel better if I eat something when I have a hypoglycemia fit, but dumping, you need to rest and not eat right?

It's ironically amusing that I'm a dumper' date=' I was the one prayin I wouldn't dump and so many here with they did but nope, it me. Dammit! I've had a few minor dumps but nothing even close to the day the cream of wheat kicked my butt.[/quote']

What do you is causing your dumping?

weight.png

What do you is causing your dumping?

Duh what do you is causing your dumping? Is what meant.....

weight.png

Duh what do you is causing your dumping? Is what meant.....

Okay so are you asking what I think is causing dumping? I just seem to be very carb sensitive. My docs breakdown per meal is 20 carbs but if I get above about 15 I'll start the heart racing queasy light headed stuff, if I have more Protein I can handle more carbs, they go hand in hand. I cannot drink the shakes my surgeons office sells now, they are certain death. It's just a learning curve! If I ever decide I hate myself and deserve to be miserable I'll go drink a coke, that would be KILLER!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

Okay so are you asking what I think is causing dumping? I just seem to be very carb sensitive. My docs breakdown per meal is 20 carbs but if I get above about 15 I'll start the heart racing queasy light headed stuff' date=' if I have more Protein I can handle more carbs, they go hand in hand. I cannot drink the shakes my surgeons office sells now, they are certain death. It's just a learning curve! If I ever decide I hate myself and deserve to be miserable I'll go drink a coke, that would be KILLER!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

Yep that's what I wanted to know. You are very sensitive. OMG not coke! Lol

weight.png