Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Feb 5th, but need support....

Thank you EVERYONE who has posted with such kind words of encouragement. Today was the first morning I woke up with no pain (still uncomfortable), but no pain. However, after an hour commute and being bounced around in the car and a few hours at my desk, I am back to being in pain. Oddly enough, I was optimistic that the morning was much better. I assume I will probably have a few more rough days, but at least the improvement is apparent. Monster hugs to my fellow bandsters! Your kind words mean a great deal in getting through this.

Joy - welcome to the board. Please message anytime you need a boost. Everyone is so darn nice. Best of luck to you.

Kim

Hey folks, It's my one year bandiversary. I was banded 2/13/06. I have to tell you for me it took about 4 weeks to finally feel normal. I went back to work after one week but found myself working some half days. You have to remember everyone heals differently but, it will definately get better. I had alot of pain in the top, my left incision. When I asked the surgeon why that area hurt so much he said thats because thats the hole they used to push my liver out of the way and it had alot of pressure under it so more bruising. It was normal for that area to hurt more. Your port incision is your biggest incision and that will be sore too because you have a foreign object now sewn to your muscle. You not only had an open wound but now there is something in there that wasn't there before and they had to poke something else to keep it in tact. It truly is amazing for those folks that feel great and go back to work after only a few days off...I know that wasn't me. Believe me it gets better. I don't even feel the band in there. I can now easily feel my port though when I press my stomach feeling for it. Congratulations to all of you Feb 2007 bandsters and I wish you the best with your bands! Welcome to bandland.

It took me about 10 days to feel better, I went back to work at 2 weeks. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I still have restriction, so I know I'm still swollen.

Hang in there, it does get better.

I took 4 days off work and should have taken more. I felt absolutely awful for the first 2-3 weeks. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks post-op and I'm still not at 100%. Just don't push yourself. When you feel tired, sit and rest for a while or take a nap if you can. If you have pain, take some pain meds. Wear comfortable clothes that won't touch your incisions. Do whatever your body tells you you need to do. Everyone heals at their own pace, so don't feel bad when you see that others are doing better than you. I promise you that there are also some people doing worse than you.

I'm getting my band on Valentine's Day! Scared, yet looking forward to not being able to eat!! Just want those skinny clothes to fit!!!

Michele:clap2:

Hi, my daughter and I are being banded on the 14th also. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. We are having a big snow and Ice storm today and we have to be at the hospital at 6am. I just hope the freeway is cleared up enought to get there. Good luck.

Debbie

ok i am new also , i had my band on jan. 29 in dallas with dr. barker. I have a herd time getting the Fluid in, i can eat some now but i really like smashed Beans and low fat cheese on top, i have a really hard time wondering if i am eating enough or not, or if i am eating to little or to much , i am so confused on what to eat and what not to eat,i don't even know sometimes, i wonder sometimes what i have done to myself. i am where there are no support groups and no seminars. I would have to drive 3.5 hours to get to them , thank you for listening and please respond, i have posted on obesity help and have not gotten results for days , god bless and thank you

joy

Hi Joy, There is a thread of January bandsters that you should join. Or get on the February bandster thread. There are lots of tips and ides as everyone there is or has just gone thru the stage that you are in.

Try it!

Every day is better and better. First few days suck! Then less and less. Then you put on a pair of pants you couldn't wear before and they are baggy and all seems balanced!

My question is why is it some doctors are detailed to the extreme and some just let you go with no knowledge? I have a booklet my center gave us and it is dead on the money with each of the days and what to expect. The only thing they did not suggest is the heating pad for my sore back and that came from you all and I thank you very day!

Also the diets pre and post op are so varied. Could it be those that rush back to heavier foods faster suffer more? First week only Clear liquids for us and then 3 wks of thinned, creamed liquids. NO SOLIDS FOR ONE MONTH PLUS THE 2 WKS OF LIQUIDS PRE-OP! Then mushies...Also a nurse told me yesterday a good motivator not to push yourself physically the first 4-6 wks (excluding walking, etc.) is because it can cause a build-up of scar tissue. That was interesting to me.