Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really! How bad is the PAIN?

I had my lapband to bypass surgey on the 29th of jan. It was rougher to me then the lap band . I was on my pain meds for two weeks now i just take tyenol every now and then . It does get better and better everyday ! I have not slept a whole night in my bed so i agree with getting a comfty chair ! Because i have been sleeping in mine for three weeks its just easier to get out of ! But bottom line is it is worth it ! The pain will go away and the results will be so worth it ! Best of luck to you !

Proud mommy to three amazing babies!

That is my fear. I currently have a band and will soon have a RNY in the next month hopefully two :). Thanks for sharing with me I have to mentally prepare before hand. Thank u!!! :)

Try not to to worry i did alot ! It is rough on some and others not so much , but the pain will go away just think of how great you will feel ! I have lost between 26 and 27 lbs in three weeks ! It took me six years to loss 40 with the band ! Your life will change for the better ! Here is a trick i would do before surgey when i would think of the pain .. I would go online and look at all the non plus size clothing stores and look at all the cute clothes , and tell myself that i would be wearing them soon ! I know its cheesy but it helped me !

Proud mommy to three amazing babies!

Hi all...I too am looking at band to bypass and seeing two surgeons next week.

I have been banded twice and had my gallbladder out in Jan this year.

It is a funny thing - my first band was incredibly painful, the second not too bad and my gallbladder was a breeze.

there is no denying it did hurt and I was sore but nothing terrible.

I am also an RN and midwife and have to say that everyone is SO different. Some mothers get up within 2 hours of a c-section and shower themselves and live on only panadol or NSAIDS - other women need help getting out of bed after 3 days. It is really an individual thing.

There is no point stressing about it too much -(easy to say huh)- nurses will take good care of you, talk to your anaesthetist prior and ask what he has planned for your analgesia. As someone else said the main goal is for you to get up and moving ASAP post surgery and for that you need good pain control.

GOodluck...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches