Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained 2 freaking pounds!

I am ready to pull my hair out! I dropped 30 lbs in my first month and I know that is amazing. But for 2 weeks I have bounced between 208 and 204. I'm at 206 and I am frustrated. I can't get another drop of Water in me, I'm meeting or exceeding my Protein goals (my dr says 20-30 grams per day for 1st month) but I am beyond constipated, M of M isn't working, neither is Miralax, or hot coffee/tea. Excercizing 30 - 40 minutes per day and nothing seems to be working. How in the world do you gain 2 lbs when you aren't eating more than 500 - 600 calories per day and you're working all of those off? I know, I know, I must have patients and the weight will come off but in this moment, this very moment right now...... I want to throw my scale through the window!

Where are you in your monthly cycle? No matter what, I gain weight every four weeks like clock work. It's maddening, but I know it'll come off. Could it be that? Sometimes when I am constipated I drink some extra Protein and it helps me go- odd but effective. MOM, miralax, and every stool softener and laxitive out there has no effect on me either :/ good luck!

could be the Constipation that crap weighs i only have a bm every few days and o iwill sometimes gain a lb or so till i do and i will drop 2 or 3 dont get discouraged it will come off i am 5.5 months out and down 102 lbs

Try am herbal tea called smooth move... You can get it at Walmart. I drink a cup every other day.. It will get it moving with no cramping.

I ended up taking the regular dose ex-lax and 12 hours later I am so cleaned out I would probably whistle on a hill top. I have no idea if we are allowed to take ex-lax or not so please don't follow this advice without talking to your doctor (I tried calling mine but didn't get a call back). But I can say that it worked for me after not going for almost 2 weeks. I feel so much better and for the first time in a long time I didn't vomit when I ate. Gotta tell ya, it was a great feeling.