Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 60. Anyone else over 50 doing RNY?

I'm noticing more young women getting surgery. I'm wondering if anyone else had it in 50 or 60s and how you did?
Hi Pam, I'm having bypass on December 26. I'm 56 years old.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 61 and having bypass December 10th

Welcome to Surgerees after 60, We show Them how to Do It and Do It With Class, We are the "BOOMERS" Mamma 5aught us Well! Less than 3 weeks to my73rd, A Kangaroo (RnY) since September 5th, trials and tribulations, I was one of the less than 5% but healing, albeit slowly, but I am Solid sturdy steel not plastic, made me good in the 40s and I'll make it to my goal when the youngins break down along the way! Honey, if nothing else I was built for endurance. Join me all of You!

I just had my surgery last Monday December 10th. I am 51 and I had lots of concerns and questions but never was I too old. In the scheme of things I am doing well. The first few days were the worse. The surgical gas really does a number on you. I walked and walked thankfully after 3 days I was able to start getting relief. Good luck on your own day. Remember a lot of people have similar experiences but everyone is different in some way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my surgery last Monday December 10th. I am 51 and I had lots of concerns and questions but never was I too old. In the scheme of things I am doing well. The first few days were the worse. The surgical gas really does a number on you. I walked and walked thankfully after 3 days I was able to start getting relief. Good luck on your own day. Remember a lot of people have similar experiences but everyone is different in some way.

I did not have the gas, however, i did have incisions pain, and the all around initial surgery pain. Today I am 6 days post-op and already tried of this clear liquids... Congrats and Glad everything went well... Take care of yourself

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I find it so funny how each person is so different. I had no gas pain, no troubles really of any kind. As of yesterday down 34 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I find it so funny how each person is so different. I had no gas pain, no troubles really of any kind. As of yesterday down 34 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree that everyone is different. I knew about the gas pain. Well had been told it was possible. Thought I had lucked out then Bam! It was there. I am so glad that it did not last long and wasn't any worse than it was. Ever since except feeling hungry I am doing good. One week in see the doctor today for my one week check up.

I did not have the gas, however, i did have incisions pain, and the all around initial surgery pain. Today I am 6 days post-op and already tried of this clear liquids... Congrats and Glad everything went well... Take care of yourself

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you and please take care as well. I think possibly that my stomach shell is toughened from other full openings. C-section, gallbladder, and tubal. All that may have made the area tougher. Just a guess. Yesterday was a sore feeling day, like I had done too many sit ups . We are going to do much better going forward i am sure. Best wishes.