Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd week post-op stall... NOW I understand how y'all feel. :-(

My pre-op weight on 1/10 (prior to liquid fast) was 233. Date of surgery weight (1/18) was 225. Post-op appointment weight on 1/24 was 219, for a total of 14 pounds down (YAY!).

Fast forward to today, almost 2 weeks out... NO LOSS AT ALL. I've been getting in my Protein and liquids, and even exercising (and feeling great doing it), but that damn scale won't budge. I suppose I have another addiction to add to my list: scale addiction.

A bit TMI, but I really have only had 2 "good" BM's since surgery. That could be the problem, too. Trying the Dulcolax he prescribed, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Any other slow losers there that can give me words of encouragement? Or, am I just being impatient? LOL

Your body has just been through a hell of a shock! It is very normal for it to adjust at this point and various other points throughout the process. You are actually doing really well. I am ten weeks out and I have only lost 36 since surgery. Give it time, it will come off! Just keep up the good work.

I've heard that it's common for stalls to happen. I just spoke to a friend of mine that had the surgery and she said she stalled for about a month and then the weight just started dropping from everywhere. So that's something to look forward to. I'm curious though she said that she was sore for the first 3 weeks and still didn't feel good after 6 weeks so I'm just wondering what's your thoughts since I see you've been exercising. Are you back at work/school now?

Thanks, Heather, for your encouragement!

kparadisek - Thank you for sharing your friend's story. That would be cool - to all of a sudden start dropping weight. Haha My exercising is actually the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs. They're essentially walking workouts (walking in place, knee lifts, kicks, and side steps) I'm not sore at all and feel wonderful! I decided to take the full 3 weeks off from work, just so I can get the eating and meal planning thing down. I'm still experimenting with what works best for me: starting the day with a meal, or Water, or a shake, etc. Physically, I could probably go back this week, but... nah! Taking the time off while I have it.

Don't feel discouraged my

Starting weight was 239.4

Surgery weight was 229.4 on 1/16

2 weeks post op (today) 222.7

Surgeon said it was ok...not everyone loses same amounts in first months...also consider you have been through a lot..your body is adjusting. .my doc said to not dwell on the 8 pounds lost after surgery...17 lbs.total loss

22lbs lost and stuck at a stall 2 weeks out as well :(

Thanks' date=' Heather, for your encouragement!

kparadisek - Thank you for sharing your friend's story. That would be cool - to all of a sudden start dropping weight. Haha My exercising is actually the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs. They're essentially walking workouts (walking in place, knee lifts, kicks, and side steps) I'm not sore at all and feel wonderful! I decided to take the full 3 weeks off from work, just so I can get the eating and meal planning thing down. I'm still experimenting with what works best for me: starting the day with a meal, or Water, or a shake, etc. Physically, I could probably go back this week, but... nah! Taking the time off while I have it.[/quote']

I thought u were walking outside. I've got the Leslie Sansome DVDs and I'm going to take your advice and try those first when my time comes. I use them now and did a few years back in which I had lost about 30 pounds or more. Great idea! Thx for sharing. Oh I'm using this iPad so I didn't know how to highlight or reduce the qoute????

I hit a stall at 3 weeks out. I upped my exercise and scale is moving again. Everybody here is right, though. Our bodies have experienced a lot of trauma and it takes awhile to adjust. The scale will move, I promise! Follow your diet and add in exercise when you can. Good luck!

I hit a stall at 3 weeks out. I upped my exercise and scale is moving again. Everybody here is right' date=' though. Our bodies have experienced a lot of trauma and it takes awhile to adjust. The scale will move, I promise! Follow your diet and add in exercise when you can. Good luck!

[/quote']

Your able to exercise 3 weeks out

My husband got me Slim n 6! So I have LA Fitness & Slim n 6! If i don't go to the Gym I can exercise at home!! He thought of everything!! :/

I lost 25lbs and boom Stall!!

I can't exercise till 4 weeks post-op....so 2 more weeks to go. I just want to go on the elliptical (I hate walking in cold weather and walking in general) lol.

I can't exercise till 4 weeks post-op....so 2 more weeks to go. I just want to go on the elliptical (I hate walking in cold weather and walking in general) lol.

I have an ELLIPTICAL I hate it I want to give away taking up to much room!! I Love Walking but becuZ it's to cold for me in Sunny SoCal lol what I like about the Slim n 6 it's not high impact!! It's very easy to do.

Your able to exercise 3 weeks out

Yes. I started walking around my neighborhood at 3 days out. Now I'm 5 weeks post op and I run three times a week, play basketball on Thursday nights for 2 hours, and distance hike on Sundays. I walk on the other 2 days. I feel great. I think any exercise you can get in helps the healing process and keeps the scale moving. Good luck on your journey!

Yes. I started walking around my neighborhood at 3 days out. Now I'm 5 weeks post op and I run three times a week' date=' play basketball on Thursday nights for 2 hours, and distance hike on Sundays. I walk on the other 2 days. I feel great. I think any exercise you can get in helps the healing process and keeps the scale moving. Good luck on your journey!

[/quote']

Wow! Thanks. How much have you lost