Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wendy's Chili Yay or Nay?

So I know it's a great tasty source for Protien (27g) and I've puréed it and added cheese for more protein...I'm 8 days out and my guidelines say puréed foods are ok...anyone else tried it?

Wait until u are 2 weeks then yay!

even if puréed? thanks you guys!

I guess u could try it but i would be worried about the onions and peppers dont want to irritate the tummy so early!

Wouldnt it be unhealthy b/c of all the sodium? How does beef sit with your stomach that early out? I am 11 days postop but cant imagine eating something that heavy just yet!

yay

So I know it's a great tasty source for Protien (27g) and I've puréed it and added cheese for more Protein...I'm 8 days out and my guidelines say puréed foods are ok...anyone else tried it?

Add Greek yogurt as a sour cream sub & ups the Protein : )

Interesting idea. I never thought of adding Greek yogurt to anything. I'm a purist. Just eat foods as they are. Thanks for the idea.

I cheered and ate a very little amount when I was 10 days post op (home made not Wendy's) and it was fine for me but everyone is different. More recently (3 weeks post op) I made chicken chili and it was very tummy friendly ( I think because I used the precook end chicken in a bag and it was extremely soft and moist after being in the crock pot all day!

Also- about the Greek yogurt- i have always used the plain as sour cream and it tastes very similar! i am on a kick of trying to find other ways to get it in and I found a couple recipes on Pinterest for Greek yogurt coated chicken breast and chicken salad. I have not tried either yet but both sure do look and sound great! Here is the link for the chicken.

http://megnificentlife.blogspot.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html?m=1

Wouldnt it be unhealthy b/c of all the sodium? How does beef sit with your stomach that early out? I am 11 days postop but cant imagine eating something that heavy just yet!

I've been eating it for the past 3 days and have not had a problem with it whatsoever....I don't know if I have a strong stomach or what but its been perfectly fine....that's why I wanted you guys opinion bc I'm a little freaked out on how well it's been for me!

Add Greek yogurt as a sour cream sub & ups the Protein : )

Thanks for that bc I loooooooove sour cream but I haven't touched it!! That's a great idea!!

I cheered and ate a very little amount when I was 10 days post op (home made not Wendy's) and it was fine for me but everyone is different. More recently (3 weeks post op) I made chicken chili and it was very tummy friendly ( I think because I used the precook end chicken in a bag and it was extremely soft and moist after being in the crock pot all day!

Also- about the Greek yogurt- i have always used the plain as sour cream and it tastes very similar! i am on a kick of trying to find other ways to get it in and I found a couple recipes on Pinterest for Greek yogurt coated chicken breast and chicken salad. I have not tried either yet but both sure do look and sound great! Here is the link for the chicken.

http://megnificentlife.blogspot.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html?m=1

Thanks mama I will definitely check into that!