Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overeating since im gonna have surgery

You can do it TeTe. 17 pounds is half way! I got my 30pounds off' date=' I did cheat. I had Russell Stovers sugarfree chocolates for my biggest cheat. Mostly i gave up bread completely- its my biggest foil.

But i practically lived on this Soup - ate 2-3 bowls to fill me up and still lost weight.

Mexican Cauliflower cheese Soup.< /p>

1 head of cauliflower

1 whole onion

3 carrots optional

5 stalks celery optional

1 red bell pepper optional

Chop the veggies and simmer in a little Water til soft- about 20 minutes.

Then transfer veggies to food processor and puree them with vegetable or chicken broth -at least 1 can

Final ingedients-

add 1 can of Jalopeno cheese Dip,

Add more broth as desired (i usually use at least 2 cans broth)

Add sour cream 1 cup. Use less or more sour cream depending how spicey you like it. Serve it hot.

I am hoping to put Protein powder in this after surgery.

I love this stuff, make it about 1 x a week, its a big batch...

My 6 yr old Grandnephew who hates veggies loves this soup. And his mommy loves it too![/quote']

I forgot to mention i add about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to this last, simmer & stir til it melts.

Okay i am posting again

I make veggie stirfry at least once a week. Use Sunbird Stirfry and Pad Thai brand powdered mixes

I Cut 1 onion into strips

Fresh Peapods -1-2 cups - stringless is best

1/2 cauliflower sliced

2-3 carrots sliced

1 red pepper sliced or big squares.

Stirfry the vegetables in 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil- about 5 minutes

Meanwhile mix the StirFry mix as directed, using splenda instead of sugar. Then add 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter and 1 teaspoon of Sunbird Pad Thai mix . Simmer and stir to mix up.

I add rotisserie chicken cut up to this.

The Pad Thai adds a little spice to the stirfry, the Peanut Butter calms the spice down. If you like garlic add a teaspoon too.

I brought this to work the other night, male nurses really like the way my food smells! Guess i will have to bring a full batch to share.

If you plan on leftovers, dont add all the chicken. I freeze my chicken in servings/baggies to bring to work, dont thaw it until im ready to eat it. Leftover chicken tastes funky from the refrigerator .

My nut says to avoid corn and all corn products. I dont eat noodles or rice anymore, really cut back on breads- whole grains only.

You can do it TeTe. 17 pounds is half way! I got my 30pounds off' date=' I did cheat. I had Russell Stovers sugarfree chocolates for my biggest cheat. Mostly i gave up bread completely- its my biggest foil.

But i practically lived on this Soup - ate 2-3 bowls to fill me up and still lost weight.

Mexican Cauliflower cheese Soup.

1 head of cauliflower

1 whole onion

3 carrots optional

5 stalks celery optional

1 red bell pepper optional

Chop the veggies and simmer in a little Water til soft- about 20 minutes.

Then transfer veggies to food processor and puree them with vegetable or chicken broth -at least 1 can

Final ingedients-

add 1 can of Jalopeno cheese Dip,

Add more broth as desired (i usually use at least 2 cans broth)

Add sour cream 1 cup. Use less or more sour cream depending how spicey you like it. Serve it hot.

I am hoping to put Protein powder in this after surgery.

I love this stuff, make it about 1 x a week, its a big batch...

My 6 yr old Grandnephew who hates veggies loves this soup. And his mommy loves it too![/quote']

Thanks for the advice!!! I have tried to stay away from breads as well. My weakness is chocolate. Anything chocolate lol. I weighed myself today on my home scale which is always different than the doctors one but I was down 25 pounds. Hopefully it's true. That means I only have 9 more to go and to be honest I never thought I would even be able to loose 2 pounds let a lone 25. I do cheat and I feel horrible after I do. So I try to stay focused at my goal. I know I have to do this not just for my health but for my 1year old daughter. Right now she doesn't care that I weighed 484 pounds but I can hardly walk. That will affect her whole childhood. I can't take her anywhere or do anything with her. It's not fare to her. I'm so ready to get this done and start living again. I'm glad I have found these support groups I have taken many notes when it comes to after surgery and what types of foods I should eat. I'm glad to have some people to talk to that have been there and done that!!:)

I've already started mourning food. We went to Golden Corral tonight. I'm not a big fan of their food but I ate soo much of everything I came home feelings disgusting. I most definitely have to get it together. I just don't know why I seem to have lost all self control. I don't like chocolate but I've been.eating it every time someone.offers it to me. Soo crazy!

I've already started mourning food. We went to Golden Corral tonight. I'm not a big fan of their food but I ate soo much of everything I came home feelings disgusting. I most definitely have to get it together. I just don't know why I seem to have lost all self control. I don't like chocolate but I've been.eating it every time someone.offers it to me. Soo crazy!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm struggling with these 34 pounds. If I see or smell food my brain tells me I'm hungry and I need to eat right now!! We just have to have will power. We can do this !!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm struggling with these 34 pounds. If I see or smell food my brain tells me I'm hungry and I need to eat right now!! We just have to have will power. We can do this !!

Yes we can! My first appointment with the surgeon is on Wednesday. He is very strict about weight gain after your first appointment so I will find my will power. I need this surgery.

Yes we can! My first appointment with the surgeon is on Wednesday. He is very strict about weight gain after your first appointment so I will find my will power. I need this surgery.

Girl I need this surgery too!! I have a 1year old who depends on me. I want to see her grow up. I also want to be able to go out side and do things with her. Right now I can hardly walk and it's not fair to her. I'm praying about it every night!! Good luck!!

Good for you, TeTe you have an extra reason for this- your little girl needs you to be healthy - you are going to make it!

Yes i am grieving food too, i try to cook with less flour , less or healthier fats and no sugar, but today i want pumpkin spice cake so bad! Gotta dig out my splenda cookbook i guess.

My Nut emphasizes no butter, no corn oil- encouragesd olive oil or grapeseed oil. I do like grapeseed oil best esp for stirfry.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Yes willpower is hardest at work when folks bring in treats- thats why i bring black cherries or blueberries as my treat. If really desperate i have my russell stover sugarfree chocolates.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Good for you' date=' TeTe you have an extra reason for this- your little girl needs you to be healthy - you are going to make it!

Yes i am grieving food too, i try to cook with less flour , less or healthier fats and no sugar, but today i want pumpkin spice cake so bad! Gotta dig out my splenda cookbook i guess.

My Nut emphasizes no butter, no corn oil- encouragesd olive oil or grapeseed oil. I do like grapeseed oil best esp for stirfry.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Thank you!! I really hope I do make it. Today was hard because I was around family and all they wanted to do was eat. So guess what I did I ended up eating with them. We went to home town buffet. After I asked them to go to a different place. I knew the temptation would be to hard at a buffet. I wanted to go to Applebee's. they have the weight watchers menu. But I'm back on my diet in the morning. It's like two steps forward and one step back!!

Thank you!! I really hope I do make it. Today was hard because I was around family and all they wanted to do was eat. So guess what I did I ended up eating with them. We went to home town buffet. After I asked them to go to a different place. I knew the temptation would be to hard at a buffet. I wanted to go to Applebee's. they have the weight watchers menu. But I'm back on my diet in the morning. It's like two steps forward and one step back!!

It's ok girl! Back on the bandwagon. You can do it. I did the same thing a not too ago. My husband and kids talked me into Golden Corral by saying well you can just have meat and the salad bar. Not good! I think I'll get more support from my husband after we see the surgeon on Wednesday but in the mean time we all have each other on this site. :-)