Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overeating since im gonna have surgery

I finally have a date of August 27th. I stopped on the way home to buy my 2 fave ice cream flavors. I'm diabetic type 2 and been doing well with my HbA1c; so ice cream isn't a good food choice. Glad I'm not too abnormal with wanting it one more time. Thanks for this thread.

i know what you mean about control. my friend moved back and we went out to play pool and stopped at mcdonalds...waa. I was doing soooo good lol

As I said before I have no will power, zlich, zero, nada and my stubborness left me yesterday as I had a complete melt down. Had two cinnamon/sugar pretzels (I didn't get the frosting to dip them in though lol) then it got worst from there. I got a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey, ate it tonight. The cost of my lack of control came to a grand total of approximately $99.99 plus state tax. So angry at myself over what I had done that I bought a Urban Rebounder Elevated Trampoline with 9 Workouts. Now when I get it I'll have to work my hindend off to get those calories off without injurying myself. After all I'm still 29 years old but will be celebrating my 42nd anniversary of my 29th birthday in August. LOL

I practiced all the skills I needed for post surgery before I had my surgery including;

-building up a walking program

-restricting portion size and intake of crap (saying no!)

-sipping, drinking Water etc

If you don't develop these skills, it can be a hard thing. While "willpower" may not be needed initially after having surgery, it will eventually come down to good habits and willpower for long ten success. Many people who don't make changes fail at this.

Dawn

I tried soo hard to be good today. I was good until we drove my taco johns and I was hungry. I got a 6 pack and a pound for my bf and I. He then informs me he isn't hungry. So what do I do? Eat 3 tacos and all the potato oles....in 30 minutes. I mowed for an hour after, so I hope that helps

Practicing before surgery is a good idea.

I've been chewing more, trying to get into the habit early. I usually throw food in my mouth, a few chews, swallow and repeat. LOL!!!

I have no willpower either. Thats why I'm in this awful situation (a fat ass!). I can't seem to turn down a meal, snack, tidbit, nothing!!!!!! At least after the surgery, if I try it I'll get sick. I think thats what I need to happen. A nasty consequence of trying to pig out.

I bought a food scale and I'm gonna start putting about 3-4 ounces of food on the scale and just eat that amount a few times a day until its time for my pre-op diet (July 5).

Yeah, its a good thing i got my scale too, what i thought was a small portion of turkey turned out to be 3.5 ounces. Guess i need to adjust more. A another thing- i knew it for a while but proved it on the preop diet- bread makes my stomach bloat- and the more i eat bread the more i crave bread. So i gave it up almost completely. Whole grain only once or twice a week, only once slice a day.

So when i was doing my "breakup sex" with food (LMAO!) and had ff burgers x5 in last 2 weeks- i thought i gained 10 pounds, but was not nearly as bad as that.

I had a boston cream donut and thought "that wasnt as good as i remember" . But unfortunately the Whopper burgers are still fantastic to me. And i always cheated with sugarfree russell stovers chocolate, but those sugar alcohols are no good for my diabetes either.

I managed to give up diet pepsi the first 2 months of my counseling. But the nurse practitioner is a tough cookie and scolded me enough to do it. Now It isnt as good as i remember either.

Gonna see the doc this week, tell him i am ready now, send in the insurance request for my RNY pleez. Hope my taste buds change re the sweet stuff and the burgers.

I have just started the process of loosing 34 pounds before I start the initial pre-op party. I'm down 17 so far but I feel like I am mourning food as well. I'm scared I'm not going to get the 34 off. I'm drinking a shake for Breakfast and then two small meals. I also throw in two Snacks if I need them. But every time I leave the house it's a struggle not to stop and get some fast food. How do you coop with these cravings and feelings?

Eventually you will be able to eat anything you want. Your head will tell you take one more bite it is SOOOO GOOOD. However you take that bite and your stomach proudly says that was the dumbest thing you have ever done and your punishment will be to send it in reverse. Trust me after throwing up a few things you learn to listen to the tiny voice in your stomach - he is always right over the voice in your head. Please remember you will eventually be able to eat anything you want, but the key is learning Portion Control.< /p>

I thought when u had bypass you could never fit much, is that no true?

I thought when u had bypass you could never fit much' date=' is that no true?[/quote']

You can eat but you have to be in control not to over eat.

I am trying extremely hard to not have "THE LAST SUPPER" as my WLS center calls it. I know there are so many foods I will miss. I just hope to have the strength and will power to say I'm more important than some food. (Even if it does taste soooooo good! ) ! I wish you luck!

I am trying extremely hard to not have "THE LAST SUPPER" as my WLS center calls it. I know there are so many foods I will miss. I just hope to have the strength and will power to say I'm more important than some food. (Even if it does taste soooooo good! ) ! I wish you luck!

I'm with you on this one. I feel like its going to be the last super for me as well. I have talked with a few people who had the bypass and they all say you do mourn the food for about a month but then you start to eat different. They also said our taste buds change. So I'm just hoping that I will have the strength to get passed it. I wish you luck!! We are both more important then food!!!:)

I did this too but ended up 3 pounds heavier at my last meeting with him to sign the paperwork. He was mad. I made me start my liquid diet early.

Thank you for this thread. I am glad I am not crazy wanting "one more" smothered burrito...or wanting to hit Olive Garden just "one more time". Pfft. I hope that stuff makes me completely sick after surgery!!!!

I have just started the process of loosing 34 pounds before I start the initial pre-op party. I'm down 17 so far but I feel like I am mourning food as well. I'm scared I'm not going to get the 34 off. I'm drinking a shake for breakfast and then two small meals. I also throw in two Snacks if I need them. But every time I leave the house it's a struggle not to stop and get some fast food. How do you coop with these cravings and feelings?

You can do it TeTe. 17 pounds is half way! I got my 30pounds off, I did cheat. I had Russell Stovers sugarfree chocolates for my biggest cheat. Mostly i gave up bread completely- its my biggest foil.

But i practically lived on this Soup - ate 2-3 bowls to fill me up and still lost weight.

Mexican Cauliflower cheese Soup.

1 head of cauliflower

1 whole onion

3 carrots optional

5 stalks celery optional

1 red bell pepper optional

Chop the veggies and simmer in a little Water til soft- about 20 minutes.

Then transfer veggies to food processor and puree them with vegetable or chicken broth -at least 1 can

Final ingedients-

add 1 can of Jalopeno cheese Dip,

Add more broth as desired (i usually use at least 2 cans broth)

Add sour cream 1 cup. Use less or more sour cream depending how spicey you like it. Serve it hot.

I am hoping to put Protein powder in this after surgery.

I love this stuff, make it about 1 x a week, its a big batch...

My 6 yr old Grandnephew who hates veggies loves this soup. And his mommy loves it too!