Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So frustrated, not losing one year later, feel like a failure on my second surgery!

Hello!!!!!!

Hello what's going on? Any luck on losing some weight

Very hard to see how you can't lose weight after this surgery. Are you able to eat normally Marla?

Hello Folks,

I have not been back in a while because I did not want to be a downer to the other people in this forum. I had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery on January 31st, 2013. In one year I lost..... Are you ready ..... 50lbs.... yep you read that right a measley 50lbs. I struggled every day in order to lose just that small amount. I went from 286lbs to 238lbs. I am now back up to 256lbs. Disappointment does not even begin to cover how I feel. Nothing makes me sick, I have very little restriction and I try really hard to follow the diet that goes with this just so I can maintian my loss and gain nothing more back but it creeps right back on. My surgeon was released from the practice. I have not seen him since the day he did my surgery. I am not sure what to do anymore. I got so frustrated with my surgeons office that I just quit wasting my time and money going to see them. I am now considering going to another practice and see if they will help me. My blood pressure is back up and I am back on meds. It has been a horrible year for me. Has anyone else had this happen? It is my understanding that there is 1% to 5% off gastric bypass patient this happens too. So what do we do now?

I'm so sorry that it has been a struggle for you. I would go get a second opinion. For sure.

Hey people I'm from the January 2013 post ops. I haven't been here for a long time but I'm coming back for some advice. Hopefully y'all van help me I just found out I'm pregnant and I have a lot of questions and no answers.

Hey Flusha! My RNY was 1/28/13 almost 24m ago and I've been pregnant for 20 of those months and had my last son 2weeks ago. I now have a 13m old and a 2w old! We can def chat about pregnancy and wls. Hit me up.

Thanks jerzeygirl81 congrats on your baby's n yes I'd love to chat