Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

I told me husband last night that kaiser called and gave me a surgery date. I told him it was important for him go support me and it would be hard for me to do it alone. He asked that I try for one more year to lose weight on my own. He then told me I don't need it and he loves me the way I am. I told him I have arthritis in my back and ankles, pre diabetic, sleep apnea and jst tired all the time.

We left it at that and I wouldn't say he gave me the silent treatment but it was yes and no answers for the remainder of the evening.

About 3 in the morning I woke up and I could tell he was awake. He then asks me ..... How long after the surgery am I gonna leave him. Really???? Why does he always have to make it about him????

Sounds like he is not being supportive because of his worries that you will find someone else. You cannot base your decision on someone else's insecurity. You are the only one that knows what it is like to be in your shoes. I do understand his worries, because the statistics of divorce after weight loss surgery are fairly high. Thought about going to counseling together to help?

I told me husband last night that kaiser called and gave me a surgery date. I told him it was important for him go support me and it would be hard for me to do it alone. He asked that I try for one more year to lose weight on my own. He then told me I don't need it and he loves me the way I am. I told him I have arthritis in my back and ankles' date=' pre diabetic, sleep apnea and jst tired all the time.

We left it at that and I wouldn't say he gave me the silent treatment but it was yes and no answers for the remainder of the evening.

About 3 in the morning I woke up and I could tell he was awake. He then asks me ..... How long after the surgery am I gonna leave him. Really???? Why does he always have to make it about him????[/quote']

Oh Lisa,I hate that!!! Have y'all had issues before? Has he always been insecure or is this new???? I do agree that looking into therapy for you as a couple may be worth checking on....this is likely to just get worse as you get all skinny and hot! You need to do this for you and your health but I hope he'll stand with you on this.

So here's our Fabulous February group so far! Valentine's week is a big week for us!

Rose333-February 6

Debbiebydesign-February 7

Br3n143-February 11

SoccerMomma73-February 11

rocky-February 11

Kellyk2511-Febrary 11

lisaarellano-February 13

ArmyWife&Mom-February 14

karioke2012-February 14

Montage-February 15

Ooo I just found this thread.....please include me in your fabulous list..I am going in feb 6 they as well. So excited but am back on shake diet till surgery. Have 8 lbs to lose by the pre-opp appt on jan 31st. Here are my stats

Starting weight: 283

Curent weight 275.4

Height 5.8 (lost 2 inches from back problems)

Age 35

Kat

Gotcha kat!!!!!

Rose333-February 6

Kat77-February 6

Br3n143-February 11

rocky-February 11

Kellyk2511-Febrary 11

lisaarellano-February 13

ArmyWife&Mom-February 14

karioke2012-February 14

Montage-February 15

Thanks momma! I am very excited.... how is everyone doing? Who is on their pre-op diet? What are all your pre-op requirements? I have been back on the shakes for about a weeks now, 2 Protein Shakes a day then a small portion of lean meat and vegg for dinner. Untill 2 days before surgery and then its Clear Liquids. Required to start Vitamins now but have taken them my whole life anyways. 10 days pre-op have to start showering 2x a day with antibacterial soap and gargle 3x a day with antiseptic mouthwash. (reduce chance of infection or illness for sugery) then i have to get my blood work done again, then i go the 31 of jan for the pre-op clearance with the sergeon and do my pre registration at the hospital. after that is the big day. so what hoops does everyone else have left? i hope you all have a beautiful day!

Kat

Thanks momma! I am very excited.... how is everyone doing? Who is on their pre-op diet? What are all your pre-op requirements? I have been back on the shakes for about a weeks now' date=' 2 Protein shakes a day then a small portion of lean meat and vegg for dinner. Untill 2 days before surgery and then its clear liquids. Required to start Vitamins now but have taken them my whole life anyways. 10 days pre-op have to start showering 2x a day with antibacterial soap and gargle 3x a day with antiseptic mouthwash. (reduce chance of infection or illness for sugery) then i have to get my blood work done again, then i go the 31 of jan for the pre-op clearance with the sergeon and do my pre registration at the hospital. after that is the big day. so what hoops does everyone else have left? i hope you all have a beautiful day!

Kat[/quote']

I'm a bit of an anomaly....I had a lapband that slipped and herniated my stomach, couldn't eat, could tolerate slow sips of clear liquids and that was it! Had to have urgent removal and at the time planned to convert to bypass. Once my surgeon got in to remove the band, I had a lot of damage and inflammation, he didn't feel it was safe to convert so he removed my band and sent me home to heal for 6 months. My insurance approved the bypass the day before my band removal (they actually were pretty awesome and approved me based on my pre-band weight and co-morbidities, took 1 phone call!!) after surgery I called and explained what had happened and she told me she'll hold the approval til surgery time for me. I haven't seen my surgeon since August!!! I see him and start the damn shakes on 1/22/13. I have to get pre-op blood work, EKG, etc but no other testing, referrals, etc. so basically I had a six month wait but knew I was approved the whole time. The wait sucked but knowing I was in made it a whole lot easier!!! Ready to roll!!!!!

Wow! what a journey. I am sorry you had to go through all of that, but so happy for you that the wait is over! i hope we all have smooth sailing from now on. does that all mean that you dont have to do the shakes? i had already been on them for a month then was told i would have to go to the 6month education classes....so i was off tyhe shakes for 2 weeks i think or 1.5 and gained my pre-op loss back. then after my doc faxed over some stuff,i was approved without the classes. so i have to start all over...but at least i only have 7.6 to go....just so happy to finaly know this is going to happen for me....for all of us.

Wow! what a journey. I am sorry you had to go through all of that' date=' but so happy for you that the wait is over! i hope we all have smooth sailing from now on. does that all mean that you dont have to do the shakes? i had already been on them for a month then was told i would have to go to the 6month education classes....so i was off tyhe shakes for 2 weeks i think or 1.5 and gained my pre-op loss back. then after my doc faxed over some stuff,i was approved without the classes. so i have to start all over...but at least i only have 7.6 to go....just so happy to finaly know this is going to happen for me....for all of us.[/quote']

Yup I get 2 weeks of shakes, nothing but shakes....hate the darn shakes. Bleh!!! I wanted bypass to begin with,let em all me out of it. Had problems with my band from the beginning. I am 70ish pounds down from my pre and weight so it did some good...but it was a struggle too. Live and learn!!!

I decided last week to start doing a shake for Breakfast to start easing myself in to the foodless 2 week pre-op. am currently sitting here drinking one thinking 'blah!!!! How am I going to do nothing but shakes for 2 weeks AGAIN?!?!?'

Somaiswhat-you're our first to go so far!!!

somaiswhat-February 4

Rose333-February 6

Kat77-February 6

Br3n143-February 11

rocky-February 11

Kellyk2511-Febrary 11

lisaarellano-February 13

ArmyWife&Mom-February 14

karioke2012-February 14

Montage-February 15