Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure.....

I had read on the forum here where some recommended Isopure. I just came from our local GNC store and they have a sale right now (not sure when it ends). Buy 1..Get 1 50% off. Thought I would let you all know.

Dang, the bottles? I went to the GNC outlet we have near me and it was $3.99 a bottle of the clear liquid. I bought just a few to taste. These are the no carb ones with 40 grams of Protein.

They only had the powder in the big cans but she said they have a 30 day return policy so if I try it and don't like it, I can bring it back. I've been "testing" Protein drinks before my 1 week liquid diet and then the liquids after being banded in March. :)

Yes, bottles. I dont remember about the powder because thats not what I was gonna get. I too am trying things out before hand. I dont want to be pre-op and get frantic about getting something satisfying down.

www.vitalady.com sells samples of her powders for 1.99 each (dont know about the shipping/handling) & I think I may order some of those. The names sound really good.

I'll check out the Vitalady site - thanks! I ordered the sample pack from bariatriceating.com and have realized that I really like chocolate and vanilla but not the creamy fruit flavors. I hold on to the bags of the stuff I like so I can reorder.

Boost is also good and RTD. I like RTD - I don't have any patience when I'm hungry, lol.

Ugh, OK - the orange clear Isopure is nasty (IMO). I chased it with some Ritz crackers, which of course I won't be able to do right after the band.

It has some kind of "coating" effect on your mouth. Hard to describe. But I guess that's how they get 40 ounces of Protein into a 16 oz bottle and it's clear.

However, it IS filling, lol, and at some point, I will be so hungry/thirsty I will probably think it's like a filet mignon :)

I just bought the vanilla low carb Isopure from GNC. I actually got the ginormous bucket (55 servings) since it was on clearance (expires in august). I really wanted the chocolate but since the vanilla was marked down from $103 to $60 I could not pass that up.

I really like the bottled stuff. I have had the fruit punch and blue raspberry. Tastes like a dietish gatorade.

My best find on that stuff is at the Outlet Malls. if you live near any and the hav a GNC- GO!!! I bought them out of the individual serving size at half off and got a powder at half off, too. They do this when they near the expiration date, but it's not until May so I'm all set.

I read your thread and ordered mine from the GNC website. It arrived today. Im glad it did too because id beenhaving "weak" problems. I got a big bucket of the strawberry and cream and got a case of the chocolate ind packets for half off! Its not bad. At 50g protien each shake and no carbs, i gotta say it at least takes that "oh my god im going to die cause im starving to death and broth just doesnt cut it" feeling away. Im going to live.

I found myself frustrated though. It said "two scoops" then DIDNT HAVE A FREAKIN SCOOP! I eyeballed about how much one of the indi choc packs were and added that much into the blender. DOES ANYONE KNOW how much in actuality the "two scoops" are?

also..how often do you drink one? I bet one of these inthe mornings for Breakfast would kickstart the day on weak feeling days, and later when you have the fills i can see it come in handy, but fifty grams of protien is a LOT of protien. Seems like you wouldnt want two of these a day.

ALSO: notice the writing on the bucket that says "Meal Replacement not for weight loss" on the side? whats that about?

Guest Band4EJ

Hey lizrbit,

My Isopure did come with a scoop, so I filled it with Water twice and emptied into a measuring cup. It was 1/2 cup. I've found that I can't really drink more than a half glass of milk at a time, and it was too thick with 2 scoops. So....I am doing 1 scoop at a time.

thank you SO MUCH! thats going to be very helpful!

i put the entire contents into a large bowl and using a pair of tongs went through it and it just didnt have a scoop! i have a half cup measuring scoop in the kitchen though and that will work just fine! Thanks again! also..your using milk? so far ive just used Water.

Do you use it daily?

Guest Band4EJ

I've been using milk, but I didn't read the directions...so tiny and hard to see (even with reading glasses). Are you supposed to use Water???? I'm just starting my 3rd week post banding and I am too tight to eat in the morning, so I'm doing the Isopure then. I know you have to do 4 scoops in a day to get the daily allowance of Protein, however, I haven't been super careful about that at this point. I planned to really track Protein beginning this week. Tonight I had a cup of yogurt mixed with 1 scoop of Isopure.< /p>

P.S.

Wow...I just read the part of the label I could see and was surprised to see 2 scoops does equal 50g (100& of daily allowance). The other powder I bought only has 25g for 2 scoops. Great! So we can either chug it down all at once in a single drink or I think I will do 1 scoop in the morning and 1 in the evening when I start to feel extra hungry. Does it taste okay in Water? ? I just ordered some of the packets too....perfect for work.

Hey Katy!

I know the writing is so tiny on there. Yes it takes fine in Water, and its not thick at all so it goes through pretty easy. I do one serving a day in water blended, then some yogurt or cottage cheese around noon for lunch, and creamy Soup of some sort for dinner. Im in the creamy stage moving into mushy slooooowly. (Nine days post op) I do the kellogs protien water through the day too.

Hey..did you see on the Isopure container about it not being for wieght loss? i wonder what that is about? Still though, i have to say that adding it has REALLY helped me not feel so weak! im feeling good.

OH..i gotta tell you too, i have found a new weakness.

I read someone who was in the same stage as me saying they had a couple of spoonfulls of Peanut Butter and how great it was, so when i was at the grocery getting more waters, i went to the peanut butter section and found SMUCKERS NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER all it has in it is peanuts, honey, sugar and salt. the oil seperates on the top but i stir it up good, and OH MY GOSH its the best stuff. a couple of spoonfulls and im good! i never liked peanut butter before. if you get a chance, try it out!