Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bridesmaid Dress- ordering size question

I am a size 18 right now, size 20 dress. The wedding is 8 months away and the bridesmaids dresses are being ordered in 2 months since she has 6 bridesmaids and the store said we had to, to get them in time. So, I hope to be a 16 (18 dress) in 2 months (or smaller :)), but still when ordering I will be 6 months before the wedding, not sure what to do. The dress, per the store, can go in 2 sizes without looking much different, it can go up 1 size only. More than that depends on the dress. Thoughts?? Do I dare order a size down, so maybe a 16 dress (14), since dresses run about 1-2 size smaller than clothing. That would mean I would have to be about 200 pounds to be in a 14 at my height/body structure. Or should I order 2 dresses to be safe? Advice needed!

I am currently 3.5 weeks postop and weigh 252, height is 5' 10.5"

8 months? People drop a 100 pounds in 8 months. I know it's hard to "dream" that way, bc it's impossible for me too lol but I don't think you'll be down a "few sizes" in 8 months. Buy 2- a "safe" size and a "fuck yeah I'm gonna do this" size lol excuse my language ;)

I was in this same situation and my starting weight was about the same as yours. You're going to lose close to 100 lbs in 8 months. I'm 6 months out and have lost 80. It's hard to imagine, but it's going to happen for you.

Thanks for the advice! That is crazy to think about, lol. 100 pounds, I am not sure I remember ever being that small. Size 12 seems small to me :) I think I will plan to order 2 then. Maybe a 16 and a ...... 10? That just seems so small, lol. But if I lost 100 pounds that would put me lower than a 10. Hmmm. Excited and nervous now. I guess we will see where I am at in 2 months and I will go from there. Order 1-2 size smaller than I am in 2 months and then maybe 4 sizes smaller than that for the 2nd one. Thanks again ladies! I guess I will hang the smaller one by my treadmill to make me get on it, lol.

I've lost 120 plus pounds in 7 months. Size 30/32 to 16. For for a 10/12. You will get there!

I just got my wedding dress one size smaller in 3 months before because I am 7 months out. Have lost 87 lbs but only 2 pants sizes

I would get a 12 and have it altered.