Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

scratch the High desert and even Ca. I don't care where you are, i just need someone i can relate to and who also needs support. so here is a bit about me:

35, married, 2 kids age 10 and 13. have lupus, pcos, fms, degenerative disc disease and other health issues. my main purpose for having surgery is to reduce my pain level. I also really want to be healthy as possible for me and my family. I am waiting for approval and expect an answer this comming week. i am on the Protein Shake twice a day and small portion of lean meat and veg for dinner. i have 6 more lbs to go to get to my pre-opp requirement. i am home almost all day and can chat on here or where ever. I just really would like someone to talk to that understands. If you can relate to me at all and need a buddy too, PM me or reply here....

Kat

Hi I'm Rolanda from Chicago, I'm 32 and I had my surgery oct 25,2012. I don't have any health problems, but I do get very lonely and I often feel discouraged. My husband is a wonderful man, but I know he can't fully understand how I feel. Simple things are very difficult, like getting up going to the store. I'm not sure if this is how you feel, but please know that you are not alone.:):)

I was 276.4, before surgery, now I'm 262.2, it's crazy how slow my weight is coming off, so I'm starting to get a little discouraged, but my doctor says everything is fine. I just got my first adjustment dec7,2012. Hopefully more weight will come off now.

Double reply sorry

Ro32, I was 283.4 to start with. I am now at 273 and need to get to 268 for surgery. I get lonely too. My hub is away at work a lot and the kids are at school. Do you have any kids? Are you new to the site too, or have you been here a while? Do you worrk? Ha all these questions, but. Of you would like to buddy up, we can chat, e-mail of whatever. I am home mostly all Day. Also get alerts to e-mail, but let me know so I can add you. No big deal of you are too busy....just an offer.

Thank you both for the reply and welcome,

Kat

Sure!:):) Well what can I say about Rolanda:) I'm 32 & married, I don't have any children. . I was working full time at the dealership 55 to 60 hours a week and it was kind of tough on me Because I had to drive 1 hour to work and 1 hour back home. So when I eventually lost my job after 10 years, it was actually a good thing. I work part time now much closer to home,only about 10 minutes, so I'm happy with that.

I had the lap band on October 25, 2012

I have worked hard at my job for so many years, I didn't realize I was letting my body go... I took about a year off from working, and I'm joined the gym. I worked out really hard about 5 days a week, but my weight never changed. After a few months I even got a trainer at the gym. I was paying all this money with no results. That's when I looked into the lap band. Even though I have only lost about 15 pounds I still see more results than I did every day at the gym.

So, tell me about you!:):)

Hello I'm a housewife yeah! I do have time to chat from time to time but between 3 kids hubby chores cooking & cleaning. I guess hardly ever.

Just turn 34 (12/7) had surgery May 30,2012 I'm now 6 months lost 84lbs was 211 now 127. I have a teenager 15 then small babies 4 year old & just turn 3 years old (12/4) my husband is 55 years old. He was not supported about surgery but after losing the weight he find me sexier then ever especially that my tummy is basically flat compare to before. I'm not on 24/7 but I check as often as possible in the group. Ttyl

well, for me, my weight has always beena struggle. i was big up through highschool and then suddenly lost abouut 70 lbs. i had graves disease (hyperthyroidisim) so i was sahhpy about the weight loss, but docs were concerned with my heart rate being so high. they gave me radioavtive iodine two times and then my thyroid was non functioning, so now ihave hypothyroidisim. since then it has been up and down with crazy diets, when i started getting all these other health problems i was unable to work any longer. i was a CNA/HHA for hospice patients. now I am on SSI because i am a mess. So i am getting the surgery to try and reduce the pain. So far i have been to the seminar, had my consultation, done tests (UGI, xray, psych ect.) and got clearance from my primary. the insurance started reveiewing my request for surgery on the 29th of novenber, they said it usuallly takes about 7 working days to decide....so thats where i am. i have 5 more lbs till i am at the surgeons requested weight and thats what i am working on now. dont want to overload you with ten pages of me junk,ask anything you want, and if you have something personal to talk about PM or e-mail me

Kat

Hi mam....i know how hard it is to take careof those kids, a hubby and a home. i don't think i could handle any more, my son at 13.5 is going through all the changes and is not mylittle boy anymore, it is so hard to see them changing. I am inspired by your weightloss, i just called the insurance and they have still made no decision...still in reveiw....it is driving me nuts, and this shake thing is difficult but i am getting used to it. one question i always had was, what is the portion size of a meal when you are healed? i know it is going to be much smaller, but i dont that information till i go to the pre-opp class. also, what is the sip sip sip thing? i like Water and drinka lot, will that stretch out the pouch? im just not clear on all the after surgery bits except for the liquid to puree to soft to normal...

one question i always had was, what is the portion size of a meal when you are healed?

I can now eat about a cup of food or a little more depending on what it is. Rice falls heavy so I would have half cup do I can have more salad & get full. I know I'm full cuz I get a small pain in my tummy. Right after surgery after liquid & mushy food I would get full with 4 spoons.

i know it is going to be much smaller, but i dont that information till i go to the pre-opp class. also, what is the sip sip sip thing

i like Water and drinka lot, will that stretch out the pouch? This means you are taking a tiny amount of Water like if you we're drinking hot tea it's going to be a sip at a time since you don't want to burn your tongue. So it's the same for after surgery anything you drink your taking a sip at a time all day cuz you need to stay hydrated.

Thanks for the answers... I better start practicing now because I am a chugger...thanks againg for thr reply