Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I'm a side sleeper, but since my surgery I've had to sleep on my back.. When I sleep on my side I feel a bunch of pressure and I feel like my stomach weighs 50 pounds!

My doctor told me yesterday to use lactaid instead of milk with my shakes. I bought the supermarket brand equivalent and took about 4 sips. I have diarrhea and I feel crappy.

DOS 12/17/12

Crap....(no pun intended)... I just tried mine with 2% Milk this morning... I love milk!! I was a pour a glass of milk and drink kind if person...

I want cheesy carbs and sweet tea. And soda soooo bad' date=' a nice cold coke.[/quote']

Oh man! Me too! I have knit 5 dish cloths this week. I am trying to figure out head hunger.

How long after surgery did you have a BM?

I am all messed up! It was 4 days after surgery and now I can't figure out how to get on a regular pattern. I have added been Fiber to my drinks.

I had a tiny bit of broiled salmon last night and it came right back up on me. That was a first for me. I too have thought about grinding pizza! Ugh

My doctor told me yesterday to use lactaid instead of milk with my shakes. I bought the supermarket brand equivalent and took about 4 sips. I have diarrhea and I feel crappy.

DOS 12/17/12

Oh no :-(

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I'm all messed up too. I haven't went in a few days. Need to take some milk of mag and hope that does the job.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

having such a hard time with Protein stuff. I have ordered the Unjury unflavored Protein Powder that I can put in my food and drinks and my stomach isn't tolerating it at all. and I haven't been able to use anything with milk... well non fat milk or skim milk.... what am I to do? I'm getting no protein in :-(

I had had the same problem. Have taken ducolox (store brand) two nights and added Miralax (store brand) and guess when all things decided to cut loose. 2:15 this morning. Now that was a rude awakening. Thank goodness I woke up. And smell oh my goodness, I offended myself. Seriously it was awful. I think I did lose a pound, but I could have sworn it would have been five.

having such a hard time with Protein stuff. I have ordered the Unjury unflavored protein powder that I can put in my food and drinks and my stomach isn't tolerating it at all. and I haven't been able to use anything with milk... well non fat milk or skim milk.... what am I to do? I'm getting no protein in :-(

tat you need to call your Nut on Monday, Are you on some kind of prilosec or some other belly thing, if not maybe that could help. I tolerate the unjury really well. You might try one of the Nectars they are mixed with Water, you can get samples (not free) at Vitamin Shoppe. I love the fuzzy navel and buy it by the tubs. I probably drink three of those a day. Hope you get it figured out, But call them they have heard of every problem in the world and surely they have some suggestions,

I am a belly sleeper and from the night I arrived home from the hospital I found that I was flipping to my stomach during my sleep. When I woke up' date=' oh the pain on my left side incisions. But every night it was the same thing. I would unknowingly flop to my stomach in my sleep.

About the puréed pizza: a week ago my daughter was having pizza. I looked at her and said could you imagine me putting a piece in the blender and purée it. The thought of even how it would look almost made me sick. I couldn't believe I had that thought. Glad I'm not the only one w crazy thoughts. :-)

I'm tasting the Unjury too. I only use them when I have Soups, just for extra Protein. Funny how our taste buds change. I'm on puréed now and so scared to try anything since the dump w the skinless chic breast :-( I did try egg next morn and stomach hurt for a little while but that's it. So I fell back onto cream of Broccoli last night w some unjury, only so I could hit 60+ in protein. I have a list my nutritionist gave me of puréed meals that I'm going to look at the hit the store for grocery shopping.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Oh god am I worried about puréed meats too! I ate an egg as well and I thought I chewed it well enough, but my stomach didn't feel right for hours! No dumping, just eww! And haha about the pizza! I think that's the beauty of this surgery though. You know even if you did decide to eat it, you would be in so much discomfort that it wouldn't even be worth it! And yes, I've noticed that I can now taste the Unjury, but if I put it in more savory stuff it's not so bad. I liked the lowfat broccoli and cheddar, that's good! Lemme know how you like a few of the recipes you try. I go on puréed Tuesday, so if any of us find any good ones, we can share! :)