Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I overate. I didn't follow the rules today and ended up getting very hungry. I ate but didn't feel full so I ate a little more. 1/2 cup. Of course an hour or two after the fact I now have that STUFFED feeling like I ate a four course meal.

I'm almost two weeks post op. Because my lil pouch is so new do you think I did any permanent stretching or damage?

Before posting this I read other posts and Internet searching but only read about others who were further out post op.

It should be healed. Just eat a little less solid foods to give it time to shrink back down just in case. You could try the liquid for a couple days if r worried. Just an uneducated option.

Gen :-)

It should be healed. Just eat a little less solid foods to give it time to shrink back down just in case. You could try the liquid for a couple days if r worried. Just an uneducated option.

Thanks for the reply! :-) That's a good idea. I'll definitely ease up and go back to some liquids for a bit and follow everything again like I had been doing.

I overate. I didn't follow the rules today and ended up getting very hungry. I ate but didn't feel full so I ate a little more. 1/2 cup. Of course an hour or two after the fact I now have that STUFFED feeling like I ate a four course meal.

I'm almost two weeks post op. Because my lil pouch is so new do you think I did any permanent stretching or damage?

Before posting this I read other posts and Internet searching but only read about others who were further out post op.

I had the same concern (I'm out a week). I asked my dietician today and she said that one time will not stretch out the pouch. If we stuff it consistently, then the long term outlook of losing and maintaining is at stake.

I wasn't criticizing anyone's food choices, mashed potatoes are also on my approved list, I'm just scared and was expressing that. I feel overwhelmed by the rules and all of the bad consequences and was just in awe at how brave some of you are being. Certainly didn't mean any offense.

Anyone have tips on passing gas? Lol. I'm now on day 2 and haven't been able to pass gas. It wants to come out I just can't seem to get it out. I've been walking and drinking a fair amount. I've also attempted to lay on my side' date=' nothing.[/quote']

I found when I sit up at the end of my recliner and lean forward it works. Feels so much better too. Lol

I just had surgery on the 19th. I really feel no pain except for the terrible gas pain. It's unbelievable. I've been walking like crazy I did hot compresses and trqditioql medicinal makes a gas tea. Even though its air bot traditional gas the tea really works. But really its walking walking walking. I hope you feel better soon

I am post open from 12/19. Got home last night. I have discomfort and pain. Im not sure ifor its pain or gas? Any ideas?

I don't find it simple at all. For example' date=' I'm not to ingest anything with 5g or more (per serving) of fat or sugar. Yet I'm allowed to mix my shakes with 1% milk.... Which has 11g of sugar per serving.[/quote']

That is a different type of sugar.

I am post open from 12/19. Got home last night. I have discomfort and pain. Im not sure ifor its pain or gas? Any ideas?

Walk, walk, walk. I didn't start passing gas until like day 4.

I thought my pain was pain but a lot of it is gas. As I get rid of the gas little by little, I do feel better. I had surgery on Sat. the 15th and haven't had to take anything for pain since monday. If you notice the pain easing as you expel more gas or pain moving to different areas, possibly where gas has moved to, then it is gas.

I'm 11 days out and I've finally had a bm! The amount of relief is indescribable! Sorry for tmi but I hope noone else has to go through this!

I'm 11 days out and I've finally had a bm! The amount of relief is indescribable! Sorry for tmi but I hope noone else has to go through this!

So glad I have had a few not too many and would sure love to have a ''good'' one if you know what I mean. I used to think it was so funny when older people worried about their bowels. OH but it isn't funny at all. Pooping is important stuff. Doing a Happy Dance for you and hoping it helps me poop.

I meant post op. Please assure me that it gets better everyday!

Thanks! I just got home from a walk with my husband. I just gets these sharp pains, that pass, so im assuming gas.

First post op appt today... Doc said I'm doing great cleared me to lift 25 lbs and start exercising and eat soft foods... Cabelas was nice enough to measure me out 1/4 cup of chili it's delicious and is going down great