Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th week and can eat everything in sight

Help!!!! I was banded on January 15th so I was banded 3 weeks ago. First week I did liquids, second week I did heavy liquids and the third week I did a half of week of mushy and then by Thursday I needed some real food because I was starving so I had beef brisket.

At this point, I can eat anything and everything and not feel full. I know a lot of people are having the same issue but my question is is it possible to stretch your stomach at this point? I try to only eat when I am hungry but when I do, I can eat a lot. Last night I had two pieces of Bertuccis pizza and I still wasn't full.

I am not too concerned about not taking off the weight right now because I know I am healing. I just want to make sure I am not going to damage anything by eating too much. I never get sick to my stomach or feel like throwing up, which is what I heard happens if you do eat to much.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Stacy

I was starving too until my 1st fill. Then I felt a little more restriction. 2 weeks after that fill I was eating like crazy again. I went for my 2nd fill on 2/1 and now I have good restriction. Don't worry about stretching but if you're going to eat try to make good food choices (pizza not being one of them LOL). You'll see, as you get fills the hunger decreases and you will throw up if you overeat.

You just need a fill! Try to make good choices until you get one. You know the old saying "just because you can eat it, don't mean you should". Good Luck!

Yep - personally, I think those 2-3 weeks after the swelling goes down and before you get your fill are the hardest ones. You feel great - but the band isn't doing anything. It is particulary bad with the Vanguard band. The dang thing is so huge - it's just like you have no band at all...

So that is why you are starving. You probably won't hurt yourself - but be sure to practise chewing everything a zillion times. So long as nothing is getting stuck, you will probably be fine.

Hugs and hang tough. It gets a little better with every fill.

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and I feel just like you. My doc told me that the band isn't actually working until the fill. We just have to make it to that point. My Doc also said that usually there is big weight loss the first 3 weeks then they usually see a few lbs gained before the first fill. I can see how that can happen. Good luck to you! Let me know how you feel after your first fill. You will get yours before me.

Hi Stacy, I would call the surgeon and find out how long you need to wait for a fill. What you are describing is normal without restriction. I would definitley get in right away for a fill or 2. Good luck.

I was starving too until my 1st fill. Then I felt a little more restriction. 2 weeks after that fill I was eating like crazy again. I went for my 2nd fill on 2/1 and now I have good restriction. Don't worry about stretching but if you're going to eat try to make good food choices (pizza not being one of them LOL). You'll see, as you get fills the hunger decreases and you will throw up if you overeat.

:heh: Love your ticker, Lana!!

WOW someone else is HUNGRY. I was banded in Monterrey Mexico by Dr Roberto Rumbaut and I am scheduled to have my first fill on Feb 20th exactly 6 weeks from my surgery. I inderstand that the first fill tends not to be as effective as the second fill, but honestly I will take anything for now...

I am under the impression that you really can't stretch your pouch at this point, because you don't have one. The band is not giving you any restriction, so everything is going right thru. Once you start on your fills, thats when you want to be careful not to stretch.

At this point, you will just be surviving off pure will power. Which mine sucks. lol.

I was also banded by Dr Rumbaut. Wasn't he great? I had it done 4 weeks ago and I can eat just like before. I am getting a fill closer to home in Olympia Washington in two weeks and can't wait. Wasn't Dr Rumbaut great? I really like him and his staff. How was your experience?

I am going to be banded by Dr. Rumbaut on March 1. Can you tell me anything about your experience?