Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Really Need Help And Support

I had gastric bypass sept 25, 2011 as of july 2012 i had lost 130 lbs. yea which brought me to about 260. Things were great but then I started feeling different. i started doing stupid things eating Cookies or fried foods, knowing full well i couldnt. but now i feel like i need the sugar again. AS much as i know that i am hurting myself and cannot go back and dont want to go back why do i do this stupid stuff? Why does the depression come into play because I am doing this stupid stuff? What is wrong with my brain that I keep doing this stupid stuff? I am 50 years old, never been married, have been in several bad relationships but just want love. I know I dont love myself but does anyone know if I can be helped? Maybe this isnt the spot to write all this down, but I am frustrated and dont know where else to vent.. So thanks for listening.

You need depression medications it sounds to me. You need to learn to love yourself before others can love you. No one wants a broken person. I see a psychologist but you need a pschiatrist that can prescribe meds. You have made great advances with your weight loss ...please stop eating what you know is unhealthy. whatever you want to eat as far as snacks...place in Water for 5 min if you still want to eat it go for it... Where do you live? a buddy or mentor whose had the same surgery sounds perfect for you. I am in Rome GA and would love a partner to walk and call to vent on my worst days. So hang in there and things will look up. You have come to far to turn the scales back.

Your friend,

Gerry

We are here for you. Vent away. Do you go for your yearly check up? If you do tell your surgeon how you feel so you can see a nutrionist & head doctor. I'm sure your not alone but remember you did surgery to change your life not to go back to old habits.

I think a lot of us can relate to your feelings and habits. I appreciate you for making this post. I battle with depression but I have come a long way on my journey. I am finding my self reaching for the wrong foods and then fussing at myself for eating them. SOmetimes I even fuss at myself while im eating them. I can trully relate to your frustration. If you need a buddy I would be more than happy to join you and conquer this weightloss battle together. I live in SC (In the middle of Greenwood and Laurens). I can't tell you how bad I want to connect with someone to work with me to get back on track.

Your not alone! I think group therapy would be very beneficial for you. Surgery is just a tool an u have to get to the bottom of your eating habits.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Sind3,

Just checking in. How are things? Any improvements on sugar hunger? There are a couple of really good threads to follow on here that help keep folks accountable to this new life style. I like the Friday weigh ins thread. Post your weight, follow yours and others progress. Also, under exercise, what exercise did you do today? I started that thread so I would keep to my goal of doing something active for at least 30 minutes daily. Hope this helps. Keep going. You can do this!