Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Approval For Revision

Congrats on weight loss photo chic !

Proud mommy to three amazing babies!

And jen they summit all my paperwork on 11/5 all my pre op stuff will be completed then !

And jen they summit all my paperwork on 11/5 all my pre op stuff will be completed then !

Awesome!

Hi everyone getting all my pre op stuff done to get my lapband taken off and have my rny done . So I was wondering how everybodies insurance was with approval ? I have united health care ! Would love to here everyones stories ! Thanks all !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using RNYTalk

Hi my insurance is blue cross anthem they have been awesome and easy. Had my first Lapband 2008 lost 50 pounds. Had a leak replaced system 2009 finding I had scar tissue. Soon after second band started having issues with stuck issues started gaining weight because I couldn't eat much of the healthy foods and was hungry all the time. Met with my surgeon because I didn't want to gain everything I lost and talk about my options. Long story short my pre op is the 24th oct and surgery date will be determined shortly after. I'm curious about the different recovery times people are experiencing?

I have BC/BS Federal. I was banded in 09 and have lost 48 lbs in 3 yrs. gained back 10 lbs even though my band was too tight. I'm looking to convert for health reasons. I'm still diabetic and have high b/p and joint pain. My Dr. office called yesterday and said that my insurance will not cover the sleeve but they will cover me for gastric bypass. After thinking about it, I will call them back on Monday and start the ball rolling. Did anyone have to wait after the band was removed? or were they done at the same time?

I am having my band removed at the same time as RNY on Nov 7. I supposed something could be going on in the band area that I am not aware of and during the surgery the band needing to come off and healing and then RNY I sure hope not. Some people have had to have two surgeries. But i think that is when they have had issues with the band slipping, erroding, or a prolapse.

Wishing you the very best. I hope the RNY helps both our health issues.

I have BC/BS Federal. I was banded in 09 and have lost 48 lbs in 3 yrs. gained back 10 lbs even though my band was too tight. I'm looking to convert for health reasons. I'm still diabetic and have high b/p and joint pain. My Dr. office called yesterday and said that my insurance will not cover the sleeve but they will cover me for gastric bypass. After thinking about it' date=' I will call them back on Monday and start the ball rolling. Did anyone have to wait after the band was removed? or were they done at the same time?[/quote']

I'm 2 1/2 months into a 6 month healing period between my and removal and bypass. I had a severe slip with a lot of damage, doc felt my chances of complications were too high if he did the bypass at the same time.

I'm 2 1/2 months into a 6 month healing period between my and removal and bypass. I had a severe slip with a lot of damage' date=' doc felt my chances of complications were too high if he did the bypass at the same time.[/quote']

thanks for the info..Slip is a problem...I hope you are feeling better....

I am having my band removed at the same time as RNY on Nov 7. I supposed something could be going on in the band area that I am not aware of and during the surgery the band needing to come off and healing and then RNY I sure hope not. Some people have had to have two surgeries. But i think that is when they have had issues with the band slipping' date=' erroding, or a prolapse.

Wishing you the very best. I hope the RNY helps both our health issues.[/quote']

Hi me to Nov 7th band to bypass conversion no slippage, i have scar tissue thats causing food not to pass with an empty band....

Hi folks...I'm a band to RNY revision. I had my band in place 2006, revised do to a slight slip in 2008 and then finally removal of my band in 2010 because of severe prolapse that made it so I couldn't eat, drink or sleep. So much reflux I woke up startled because it was as if I was drowning in my own stomach acid. Because of the throwing up and reflux with the prolapse I had to wait at least 6 months before I could consider another surgery. I took longer than that because it took quite a while for me to accept the fact of all the issues I had with the lapband and whether or not I wanted to put myself through anything more. I struggled with reflux for at least 2.5 years. I had lost close to 80 pounds with the lapband in the first year...but will all the issues I gained some back, then after it was out gained a little more. So before I gained it all back.....I researched RNY, sleeve and other options. RNY was it for me....if I was going to do this I was going for the whole thing. I had my RNY 7/11/12. I'm doing well with it and happy I made the decision. My insurance changed a few times between the surgeries for the band and then with RNY. Surgeon's office got it approved though.....but, I had a denial at first. Had to postpone the surgery a month because of the denial but, once the additional paperwork was submitted the insurance approved it. Believe me your surgeon's office team KNOWS what they need to do to get approval. It's not often that they don't get it...they just sometimes have to try a few times to complete it all. It's important to call your insurance yourself as well and push them for approval. You're allowed to talk to an advocate/nurse yourself...you can explain why you're going for the surgery, ask how the process is going, ask if they've seen your doctors paperwork and where they are in approval etc. Go for it and don't be afraid to ask directly.

Thank you all for these stories they give me great hope ! Losing it if you dont mind me asking who is your insurance company?

I have BC/BS Federal. I was banded in 09 and have lost 48 lbs in 3 yrs. gained back 10 lbs even though my band was too tight. I'm looking to convert for health reasons. I'm still diabetic and have high b/p and joint pain. My Dr. office called yesterday and said that my insurance will not cover the sleeve but they will cover me for gastric bypass. After thinking about it' date=' I will call them back on Monday and start the ball rolling. Did anyone have to wait after the band was removed? or were they done at the same time?[/quote']

I just had my band removed and revised to the bypass on November 19th. Everything is great so far.

I just had my band removed and revised to the bypass on November 19th. Everything is great so far.

Great Kelly, I did the same thing on Oct. 10th, I'm so glad I did!

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

I too had anthem BCBS and I was approved on Friday. The approval process took about three weeks and they did ask for some more paperwork in the middle. But really I think it went very well. And if all the info from all my docs had been sent in the first time it would have been even faster.

So hopefully tomorrow I will get a surgery date

I have had my lap band for seven years and revising to the RNY.

I have no horror stories about my lap band it just didn't help me lose all the weight I needed and even when

losing weight the diabetes and asthma did not improve. I am kinda putting all my eggs in the RNY basket and

hoping I am one of the 80% that the RNY drastically changes the diabetes.

Wishing you the very best.

Hi Vicki what types of addional info did they need? I have the same ins and am waiting on an approval.