Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying But Worried!

It's need to vent as I feel as though I'm not going to go through with WLS.

Let me back up. 3 years ago I went through all the testing for a lap band. I got all the way to preop hospital testing liquid diet and came down with a nasty cold. Anesthiologist said no surgery. So did I reschedule?? No. Did doctor's office call me to reschedule? No. So I never went back.

Now I've got all my testing done for RNY and no surgery date yet. I need to lose 15 pounds prior to surgery. I don't have the motivation to get going on losing this 15 lbs.

Am I pulling another Julia Roberts and tring to runaway again. During testing I was so psyched to get this done but now that it's so close, I'm dragging my butt.

I hope someone else out there is going through this too!!!

Nicole

Sounds like self sabatosh. We have all been through it at one point or another or we probably wouldn't be where we are today. You have to make a choice what do you want more do you want health and to feel and look great. Or do you want to be stuck in the rut for the rest of your life. 15 pounds is nothin compared to the big pic... RIGHT!!!! So I say do it. Get the motivation. Dance around your living room mi e move move. Ask your self will my world end if I don't eat this. Ect. I believe in you and I think you can do this.....

I feel same way that I am subconsciously self sabotaging myself. My biggest fear is going through all this and either I her denied or husband will get laid off work before I can have surgery. I did do a good thing for myself and quit smoking in July just to have gained 7 pounds at weigh in in August. Now was told to lose 5 pounds before next weigh in and so that stresses me out even more. And what do most want to do when stressed? EAT!! No matter what I do I feel I can't do it. I have tried waking up doing a all liquid diet to help but after a couple hours I feel my sugar dropping and I get like a cold sweat confused shaky so it scares me so bad I eat. I feel defeated from all this over 5 pounds I just want to start smoking again till after this months weigh in. But I'm not going to gotta have will power on this at least

Thanks. I know I can do this. I had to meet with surgeon on a Friday and crash dieted with shakes etc. on Monday through Thursday and I lost 7 pounds when she weighed me. Of course I gained it all back. Grrr. So back to square one. Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

We can do it. It's just the hardest thing I have done. Quitting smoking after 26 years wasn't this hard LOL

Yes we can! Awesome job on the smoking thing. That in itself is hard enough to do but to add the surgery on top of it!!! you deserve a bravo!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches